Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Did you have a nice Christmas? :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

is bookworm just posting in all the threads to get money? :noway:

(not that I would ever do such a thing...)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

In full disclosure, that post (and that post only) was in fact a test to check if this was the location of the 'extra extra money' (because of the hint that it's her favorite place, I thought the thread all about her was a good guess), but of course I'm genuinely interested in the answer to the question also. O:)

It was just checking for the secret forum though, not trying to pile posts across all forums to maximize on the 'less extra money' the others get. I actually forgot that was part of this, I just remembered the Christmas forum bonus and the secret one. That may show something about you Marvin that you thought of grabbing the bonuses everywhere possible. :P
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:Did you have a nice Christmas? :)
I did have a nice Christmas! This was my niece's very first Christmas, so it was fun to get to watch her open presents (while we kept her busy little hands away from the tree) ;) and enjoy family time together!
Marvin D. wrote:is bookworm just posting in all the threads to get money? :noway:

(not that I would ever do such a thing...)
No, bookworm is a very scrupulous individual who wouldn't post just to get money. He would post and he would get money, but he would not post solely for the purpose of getting money.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:No, bookworm is a very scrupulous individual who wouldn't post just to get money. He would post and he would get money, but he would not post solely for the purpose of getting money.
That's exactly what I've been trying to say. Of course I'm going to go ahead and make a post if I have one to make on a bonus money day, but I'm not composing the post to get the extra money, it's a worthwhile post I would have made on any other day whether I got paid for it or not.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

but...
but...
but...

what if i don't like scruplulous people? :(

also, what are you doing for NYE/NYD? \:D/

and what happened to the birthday banner?

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Marvin D. wrote:but...
but...
but...

what if i don't like scruplulous people? :(

also, what are you doing for NYE/NYD? \:D/

and what happened to the birthday banner?
Tough luck.

What am I doing in my personal life, or what am I doing to give you more money on the ToO? ;) Personally, I am going to a prayer meeting at my church. I don't have anything else planned yet. It will be really busy because New Year's Eve is a Sunday this year, so I'll go to church, then help with Sunday School, and then help prep for the prayer meeting, and then attend, and then help clean up, so by that time it will be close to 7 and I'll basically just have been at church all day. It's a good way to spend the day, but by then I don't think I'll want to go to do much in the evening, though if a friend insists, I could be convinced. ;)

It went away because you abandoned us. Actions have consequences. :shame:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

:(

well, I meant both, but personal life counts too, I suppose :p so there will be no staying up till midnight for you? :(

but how will people know when it's my birthday? :noway:

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We haven't traditionally done anything special on the ToO for New Year's, but this seems to be the year of doing stuff that Marvin wants for holidays. ;) What do you want to do on the ToO to make sure that everyone knows that you are special?

I might stay up until midnight, but I don't see any big parties in my future. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

actually nothing in particular, I was just looking at the home page and realized that the birthday banner/announcement was gone and that was something that was distinctly part of the ToO and I missed it. is it not compatible anymore? :-k

otherwise I'll just take bucketloads of cash, too \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:I was just looking at the home page and realized that the birthday banner/announcement was gone and that was something that was distinctly part of the ToO and I missed it. is it not compatible anymore? :-k
As I recall the birthday box itself does still function, the reason it was disabled was someone came to believe it was interfering with something else or there was some other problem. It is unfortunate, that was the only way people knew anyone was ever having a birthday. Now you can only tell if you happen to view the profile or a post of someone on the day.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

interfering with what? :(

because yes, now I never know when anyone is having a birthday anymore and it's sad :(

but in a few days I'll probably vanish again and won't remember till I'm back \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'll try to dig up the specifics.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*waits patiently*

Also, do you by any chance remember what ToO TV was supposed to be? I think it was something when Eugene and Bren were admins? :-k

321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

Have you ever done a flip on a trampoline?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:Also, do you by any chance remember what ToO TV was supposed to be?
It was some kind of video player. Bren could give more details, it was his project. :yes:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

321tumbler wrote:Have you ever done a flip on a trampoline?
As a kid I did. We used to have a trampoline in our back yard and we had tons of fun! It's probably been twenty years since my last flip, but just having the question asked brings back good memories! :D
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

bookworm wrote:I'll try to dig up the specifics.
If by birthday box we mean the thing that was where the announcement topics are I think it went away when we switched back from announcement headlines to just showing the announcement topics.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

DanP740 wrote:If by birthday box we mean the thing that was where the announcement topics are I think it went away when we switched back from announcement headlines to just showing the announcement topics.
This is true, because it went along with the headline box, but that just kept the box from displaying, it didn't actually remove it. And it could still be shown again if desired, and was on occasion after that change. But at some time later on there was an action taken to explicitly disable the birthday box, which is why when we occasionally turn the headlines back on temporarily to advertise something now the birthday announcement does not also reappear.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I was trying to add a signature, but I keep getting an error message that says "Your images may only be up to 125 pixels high." The image I was using was 489x122, so it should have worked, but I tried a few older signatures that were 400x100 and got the same error message. I tried sending them in a PM just to make sure there wasn't a problem with the links I was using, and they worked fine. Any idea what the problem might be? :-k

EDIT: Apparently the problem was with Photobucket somehow. I tried using a different hosting website for the same image and it worked. So problem solved! \:D/