Ant Man and The Wasp

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Ant Man and The Wasp

Post by bookworm »

Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Looks interesting. Ant-Man is not my favorite, but I will watch this eventually just to keep up with the Marvel universe. We might wait until it comes out on DVD, rent it, and watch it on ClearPlay.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really liked Ant-Man, but I am sad that the trailer for this movie does not have the funny friend that really made Ant-Man extra hilarious. Hopefully it will be good! I'm sure it will be decent at a minimum. I like Paul Rudd. :inlove:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Parakeet wrote:Looks interesting. Ant-Man is not my favorite, but I will watch this eventually just to keep up with the Marvel universe. We might wait until it comes out on DVD, rent it, and watch it on ClearPlay.
ClearPlay is still a thing? I thought it got sued and died or something? Maybe that was something else?

I am having a hard time getting interested in this or Black Panther because Avengers Infinity War is in the middle of them and that has all my comic book movie attention at the moment.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:I am having a hard time getting interested in ... Black Panther because Avengers Infinity War ... has all my comic book movie attention at the moment.
Isn't Black Panther part of the build to Infinity War? I thought Cap has been hiding out in Wakanda since Civil War.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I just think they've made these movies too ridiculous and interconnected in rather forced and incoherent ways. I don't even enjoy them much anymore, because I can barely track what is connected with what.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm mainly in this for Paul Rudd. :inlove:

Looks entertaining enough, I presume it takes place right before Infinity War?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:I presume it takes place right before Infinity War?
That's the prevailing assumption, that it's showing why they weren't there, but I don't know if it's been officially confirmed.
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Parakeet wrote:Looks interesting. Ant-Man is not my favorite, but I will watch this eventually just to keep up with the Marvel universe. We might wait until it comes out on DVD, rent it, and watch it on ClearPlay.
ClearPlay is still a thing? I thought it got sued and died or something? Maybe that was something else?
You're thinking of Clean Flix.

They released DVDs and tapes of movies they edited, that's why they got sued.

This article also explains how ClearPlay is different:
Alternatively, a system called ClearPlay uses a customized DVD player with software running concurrently with the DVD playback to perform edits (actually skips) in real-time during the playback, instead of playing back pre-edited movies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CleanFlicks
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm mainly in this for Paul Rudd. :inlove:
I was watching "Clueless" the other day and thinking the same thing!

I'm glad that the funny friend is in the new trailer, since I missed him in the early trailer, and it looks like fun. I am curious as to how this will fit with Infinity War, but more in a mildly interested way than an "I can't sleep at night" kind of way. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Heads up that if you see this at a Regal you may be able to get a free digital comic.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I saw it at Regal! \:D/

I liked it. Nothing amazing or astounding but it was fun. Mid-credit scene was exactly what I expected.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw it a couple days ago and really enjoyed it! Lots of laughs, good times all around....and I should have expected the mid-credit scene like Top, but apparently I am not as clever as Top, so I was surprised.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Like when the first Ant Man came out I was a couple movies behind the MCU storyline when this did, but also like when the first came out I went ahead and saw it in the theater anyway because it's still off doing its own thing in the story.

I liked it a lot. Entertaining, very funny, and like in the first there were some really neat sequences with the size changing, going both small and now big, as well as the new phasing power.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looking back at my earlier posts in this thread, I seem to have missed mentioning my joy at the use of the Partrdige Family theme song! \:D/ It made me happy...pun intended. ;) I couldn't believe it when I recognized the music, and immediately started mouthing the words along in the theatre.