ToOer Inspired AIO Episode

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

ToOer Inspired AIO Episode

Post by Bren »

So, based on some details I read on Facebook, at the last recording session an episode was recorded based off the struggles of our very own JesusFreak777. Apparently, Phil Lollar wrote an episode based on Sarah's struggles with her eyesight. I'm really interested to hear it next fall.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
AioFan7
Not as new

Post by AioFan7 »

Wow! The writers know about thetoo? That's cool!
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

Bren wrote:So, based on some details I read on Facebook, at the last recording session an episode was recorded based off the struggles of our very own JesusFreak777. Apparently, Phil Lollar wrote an episode based on Sarah's struggles with her eyesight. I'm really interested to hear it next fall.
:yes: Would you mind sharing a link to the post?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Scientific Guy wrote:
Bren wrote:So, based on some details I read on Facebook, at the last recording session an episode was recorded based off the struggles of our very own JesusFreak777. Apparently, Phil Lollar wrote an episode based on Sarah's struggles with her eyesight. I'm really interested to hear it next fall.
:yes: Would you mind sharing a link to the post?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... d=55710436.

Here you go. Sarah posted a few photos as well.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

Wow, that is powerful. Such a blessing for her story to be shared on AIO. I'll definitely listen!
AIOWiki: Untitled Sarah Keimig Episode
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

JF/Sarah is an amazing person, and I'm really looking forward to hearing this episode! :D It should be a good one!
GMarchiani
Not as new

Post by GMarchiani »

OOhh! Can't wait to hear this one!! :)
"Relationships are a series of steps, and you can only take the step that is in front of you."-Eugene Meltsner
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

I don't always agree with the way Focus believes things, but man I don't see how they could possibly screw this one up. Losing usable vision is quite hard to go through, so I can't wait to hear this thing, for fun mostly.

-- 15 Oct 2019 08:52 pm --

I waited until I listened to the episode a few times before this review. I think the episode turned out great! I loved some of the ways they are using the new characters, and the theme. I just wish that blindness could be seen as less scary to the right. I mean no offence intended to you Sara, apologies if I used the wrong spelling! Anyways, sure sometimes being blind's scary but most of the time it's not as scary as it is portrayed. Maybe it would help if the cornea transplant fails for the character, but I already don't want that to happen. I just wish nondisabled people could look at blindness and other disabilities with a less scared light somehow. People assume that if you advocate things will change for the better, but how are advocates supposed to change things for the better when people see only scared to go blind/cheap labor mule out there? Don't get me wrong I might be putting too much on AIO, and I'm not trying to deny losing sight sucks: It's scary to wake up and have less sight, but you get over it but people make it scary for you sometimes because of how the world works. Lately it seems focus is leaning more that disabled are tools to be used, Whits end could be one of those terrible charities who take advantage of the disabled for cheap labor, in my book. I hope they address this somehow. It was nice that the disabled character new a hard concept before the rest of the kids though: I think that's a step in the right direction for focus. Now I wait for the Odcast to cover album 67 like an animal!
Last edited by serrebi on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.