peanut butter cheeseburger

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

it is pure perfection
Resident JRPG nut
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So, this is no longer just an option I consider among others now - it has legitimately become my default preparation of homemade burgers. I've made a lot since originally trying this and using 'normal' toppings is now the conscious choice I make to change things up, peanut butter is 100% the personal standard now.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Peanut butter: no longer just for burgers.

Yesterday I was having a hot dog and I had seen this thread title recently and just kept thinking, "I really want to try peanut butter with my hot dog!" I usually just have mustard and nothing else. I decided to put peanut butter on the end of the hot dog, in case I didn't like it as much as I liked it with a burger, and put mustard on the rest. I ended up wishing I had used peanut butter on the entire hot dog bun! It was super delicious! Bookworm, you have made my life better. :D
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i can't decide if this is all one mega-big troll conspiracy because i have honestly not heard of anything more disgusting :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I have to try this the next time I have a burger. I can't believe it's never crossed my mind to do so. Peanut butter goes well with just about anything!

People already give me a really hard time because I love peanut butter & mayonnaise sandwiches, so why not give them a new thing to complain about?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Christian A. wrote:I have to try this the next time I have a burger. I can't believe it's never crossed my mind to do so. Peanut butter goes well with just about anything!

People already give me a really hard time because I love peanut butter & mayonnaise sandwiches, so why not give them a new thing to complain about?
Last edited by Marvin D. on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:i can't decide if this is all one mega-big troll conspiracy because i have honestly not heard of anything more disgusting :(
That's exactly why the people that have dared to try it are so vocal about it, because it truly blows your mind! The initial amazement is wow this actually somehow isn't awful when I was absolutely sure it would be - but then you get to the second layer of realizing wait not only is this not bad, it's legitimately good! :o
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:i can't decide if this is all one mega-big troll conspiracy because i have honestly not heard of anything more disgusting :(
That's exactly why the people that have dared to try it are so vocal about it, because it truly blows your mind! The initial amazement is wow this actually somehow isn't awful when I was absolutely sure it would be - but then you get to the second layer of realizing wait not only is this not bad, it's legitimately good! :o
Totally! I was telling my best friend about this and she didn't think she would even want to try it, and I'm the picky one! She eats stuff that I would never eat, and she likes peanut butter, and she still thought this sounded gross. People get weirded out by using peanut butter without something sweet being attached. Just give it a try!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

A weird bar I never heard of (not that I'm overly familiar with local bar life but I know the names of the popular ones) in town popped up as a new place on Door Dash so I had them deliver me their "specialty," that among other things had spicy peanut butter on it. It was weird but good. \:D/ It was over priced so I doubt I'd order it again but I would be up to try other similar things, or do it myself, etc.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay for more peanut butter burger fans! \:D/ I've been doing my part to spread the word. I was at a work event where we were eating burgers, so I was sharing about the deliciousness of peanut butter on a burger, and got the typical response. There was no peanut butter handy to make people try it, so I'm hoping someone tries it at home and tells me about how much they liked it!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I feel the same. I don't know what to believe. :boohoo:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Where my peanut butter and pickle sandwich thread at?! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:Where my peanut butter and pickle sandwich thread at?! \:D/
Right here! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

aaaand i'm moving to a new planet \:D/

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I remember making peanut butter, mozzarella, and banana sandwiches back when I would stay up late here. Ultimate midnight snack.

PB cheeseburger sounds delicious in its own right.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have perfected the sandwich version! Instead of using bread, make it on a toasted plain english muffin. The texture is the ideal compliment to the cheese; it is so good.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I tried this a few months ago and I wasn't really wowed by it... then this thread got bumped out and I realized I left out a key ingredient: cheese. I'll have to try it again sometime with an actual cheeseburger, because it was okay on the plain hamburger, just not as amazing as I thought it would be.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, try again with cheese! It's the combo that makes it so good, I think.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

every time this thread pops out i'm still just really unsure if this is one massive conspiracy :(

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Only one way to find out for sure - give it a try and then join the fad/conspiracy/delicious revolution!