What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

milk and honey - rupi kaur
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Mathematical Mindsets - Jo Boaler

It's for a college class, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's about getting rid of the assumption that some brains are built for math and others aren't, instead adopting a growth mindset when teaching math to children that will empower them to learn much more than they ever thought they could.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished With You Always, wonderful book. Up next for me is Minding the Light by Suzanne Woods Fisher. It is the second book in her Nantucket Legacy trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "The Blue Castle" by Lucy Maud Montgomery. It's one of my all-time favourites and I like to re-read it now and then.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading Engraved on the Heart by Tara Johnson. Very good so far.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just read "Becoming Us" by Robin Jones Gunn. It was awesome! :D I highy recommend it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading A Rebel Heart by Beth White. It is the first book in her Daughtry House trilogy. Very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's an awesome book, Laurie! I loved it! Beth White is a fantastic author, in my humble opinion.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Rebel Heart, excellent book. Up next for me is Where the Fire Falls by Karen Barnett. It is the second book in her Vintage National Parks series/trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started re-reading "Anne of Green Gables" by Lucy Maud Montgomery yesterday. It just never gets old! I love it so much. :inlove:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote:I started re-reading "Anne of Green Gables" by Lucy Maud Montgomery yesterday. It just never gets old! I love it so much. :inlove:
I :inlove: Anne of Green Gables!! I finished Where the Fire Falls, wonderful book. Up next for me is The Tinderbox by Beverly Lewis.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I started re-reading "Anne of Green Gables" by Lucy Maud Montgomery yesterday. It just never gets old! I love it so much. :inlove:
I :inlove: Anne of Green Gables!!
I love to find a kindred spirit!

I just read "Protective Measures" by Maggie K. Black. She's a solid author - I was pleasantly surprised by the mystery and how things worked out.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading Moments We Forget by Beth K. Vogt. It is the second book in her Thatcher Sisters series.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've been meaning to read that one, Laurie, and haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm almost done "The Littlest Target" by Maggie K. Black. It's been a great suspsenful read!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote:I've been meaning to read that one, Laurie, and haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm almost done "The Littlest Target" by Maggie K. Black. It's been a great suspsenful read!
I enjoyed Moments We Forget, can't wait for the next book in the series. Yesterday I finished The Medallion by Cathy Gohlke. Very good. Very sad and intense at times due to the fact it takes place during WW2. I am now reading Flights of Fancy by Jen Turano. It is the first book in her American Heiresses series/trilogy. Very good so far. I needed something light with humor after the Cathy Gohlke book.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I've been meaning to read that one, Laurie, and haven't gotten around to it yet.

I enjoyed Moments We Forget, can't wait for the next book in the series. Yesterday I finished The Medallion by Cathy Gohlke. Very good. Very sad and intense at times due to the fact it takes place during WW2. I am now reading Flights of Fancy by Jen Turano. It is the first book in her American Heiresses series/trilogy. Very good so far. I needed something light with humor after the Cathy Gohlke book.
I agree that Jen Turano is a great light author! They're fun and easy to read.

I'm starting "Rescuing His Secret Child" by Maggie K. Black. I wish the book didn't have such an overly dramatic title, but I expect the actual book to be good!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Flights of Fancy, wonderful book, I highly recommend it. Up next for me is The King's Mercy by Lori Benton.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm about to start "Cold Case Secrets" by Maggie K. Black. It's her newest, and it's been perfect timing because I've been reading through her books and the new one came out just as I finished her other books.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Currently reading The Media Lab by Stewart Brand. Super old book, published in the late '80's, but I'm really enjoying it. Loads of incredibly smart people waxing eloquent about the potential of technologies that are now either common place or antiquated. It's nostalgic in a delightfully hopeful way.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds like an interesting read!

I'm just starting "Cold Case Secrets" by Maggie K. Black. It's going to wrap up a mystery with hints in the last three books, so I'm really looking forward to that!