What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Bride of Ivy Green, I loved it. Wonderful book, wonderful trilogy!! Up next for me is When Silence Sings by Sarah Loudin Thomas. First time reading this author.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Julie Klassen is such a consistently great author!

I just started "Texas Cinderella" by Winnie Griggs. It's good so far.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished When Silence Sings, wonderful book. I've added Ms. Thomas to my very, very long list of favorites. Up next for me is One Final Breath by Lynn H. Blackburn. It is the third book in her Dive Team Investigations trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'll have to look for that author, Laurie! You have great taste in books and I've never read anything by her.

I'm starting "A Tailor-Made Husband" by Winnie Griggs. Maybe not an award-winning book title, but her books are always good!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished One Final Breath, excellent! Up next for me is Deadly Intentions by Lisa Harris.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started reading "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" today. I have never read a Harry Potter book before. A few months ago I saw the movies for the first time ever and decided to give the books a try. The first one is quite good so far. I can see why they're so popular!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Deadly Intentions, very good. Kept me turning the pages. Up next for me is Summer by the Tides by Denise Hunter. First time reading this author.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've heard Denise Hunter is good but haven't read her books myself either.

I'm starting "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" by J.K. Rowling. I really enjoyed the first book. I know I'm two decades late the party, but I'm enjoying having finally arrived. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Curse of Misty Wayfair, excellent book. Up next for me is Hearts in Harmony by Beth Wiseman. It is the first in her Amish Journey trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just started "Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery" by Eric Metaxas. I'm really looking forward to it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Sam Houston and the Alamo Avengers, very good book. Up next for me is An Unbroken Heart by Kathleen Fuller. It is the second book in her Amish of Birch Creek trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished "Nameless" by Tamara Leigh. It's her newest book, and, like all the rest, very interesting and well-done historical fiction. Now I have to wait until spring for the next in the series! :mad:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Last night I finished Called to Protect by Lynette Eason. Excellent book. Second book in her Blue Justice trilogy. I started Brunch at Bittersweet Cafe by Carla Laureano. This is the second book in her Saturday Night Supper Club trilogy.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hello World: How to be Human in the Age of the Machine - Hannah Fry
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading Dead Drift by Dani Pettrey. It is the fourth and final book in her Chesapeake Valor series. Very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "The Noble Guardian" by Michelle Griep. All her books are great, and this one is no exception!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Dead Drift, very good. Up next for me is Because It's Christmas by Katherine Spencer. It's # 17 in the Cape Light series. 
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "The Bridge to Belle Island" by Julie Klassen. It's brand new and I just picked it up at my local Christian bokstore today. I usually have to wait a little longer for them to get new releases in, but I dropped by just in case they had it already, and they did! Score! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I envy you your Christian bookstore Catspaw. I really miss having a Christian bookstore around.:cry: I finished Because It's Christmas, loved it. I absolutely adore Cape Light. Up next for me is Where Dandelions Bloom by Tara Johnson.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I know, it's so great having one. I wish you did too, Laurie. :(

I'm reading "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" right now. I never thought I would get into the books so much, but they are quite good! I see what all the fuss was about a decade ago. ;)