$10 Post Day Statistics

October 31, 2005

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

$10 Post Day Statistics

Post by Shadowpaw »

Well I'm sure most of you are wondering about the statistics for October 31, 2005, so I'm here to deliver them. With everyone earning $10 for every post, it's no wonder we had so many people online. But let's look at some interesting numbers.

- First, we all know that we broke the most visitors on at the same time yesterday. That number was 37. There was 25 registered users, 4 hidden users, and 8 guests. The previous number was 32.

- Second, we had over 109 users online during the day! We had 89 registered users and 20 hidden users along with some guests. This is truly remarkable and I don't believe we've ever broken the 100 user mark for any given day.

- Third, up until yesterday, the most number of page requests The Town of Odyssey has had for a 24 hour period was 31,426 on May 3, 2005. Yesterday, there was 61,805 page requests. That's nearly double the amount of traffic for any day thus far!

- Fourth, while this is not a statistic that is tracked, I believe the most posts we've had in a single day was on April 1, 2005 (the day this site opened). We had 1,500 posts that day. Yesterday, we had 2,200 posts. This site averages 630 posts per day, so 3.5 times the daily average is quite the feat.

=D> Congratulations to everyone for making the $10 Post Day such a huge success! =D>
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Very nice. I know I went over my limit... :D Too bad the record for people online was broken after I'd gotten off.

Good job everyone! :D
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I missed the whole thing. :(
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

how much money did yall end up making? i made $580
map
Found

Post by map »

Way to go everyone =D> I forgot to see how much $ I started with, but I think I made over $500 too, maybe closer to $600
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I only made about $200....I wasn't on very much. *school*
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Even though we're already having this very convo in at least two other threads........I made $637 (posts and people responding in my threads that I started) for the day........not bad considering that I had to spend 11 hours (almost to the minute) away from the computer during the day (work :roll).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I missed most of it... I got like $70 before it went away.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! \:D/ The people here never cease to amaze me! We all put up some great numbers! While the ToO is about so much more than that, it's nice to see it happening! :D
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

W00t! Thats amazing! I think that this should be a tradition! :D
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Wow. That's, um, fairly amazing. ...Even with this much of an incentive, I didn't expect this.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I made over $500. I didn't go over my limit either!
...I hate marquees.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Whoa, that's pretty sweet! I bet Shadowpaw's host hates us now.....

Twould be fun to do this again next year.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, I hope it's an annual event. O:)
...I hate marquees.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yay! We're awesome! :cheerleader:

I made a solid $950 yesterday, so I deem it an absolute success! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I too hope that it will come back next year. \:D/

Yours Wishing,
-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Me wrote:Whoa, that's pretty sweet! I bet Shadowpaw's host hates us now.....
lol

I too found those numbers absolutely astounding. Especially the page one, since I think the 30000 stat was twice as much as the old one before the ToO opened...
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

now the plan is to do the antithesis (opposite) for Thanksgiving and Christmas correct.

I think having a draw for kids to stay indoors and giving us something to do during a holiday we can feel sort of exculded from was great.

But that is not the goal for other Holidays correct?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I made $0. I forgot
*returns*
MDB17