Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
map
Found

Post by map »

I love the series. I watch them when they come out on dvd, so I need to catch last seasons episodes, but I'm waiting until the price goes down a bit. I really enjoy watching them. They keep you on the edge of your seat!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

map wrote:I love the series. I watch them when they come out on dvd, so I need to catch last seasons episodes, but I'm waiting until the price goes down a bit. I really enjoy watching them. They keep you on the edge of your seat!
Blockbuster Season Pass. \:D/ You can get a Pass and rent them cheaper than it would be buying it. (I think.)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

To dig up an old topic at risk of getting flamed for posting in the new one:

It's an okay series, but I always feel like the season isn't really one actual day. It doesn't flow right-- WAY too much happens, and not enough of it ties into the next several episodes.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Maybe if you just take a day and watch the whole thing. ;)

Anyway, I watched the 4 hour Season Premeire thingy. \:D/

!!!! SPIOLERS !!!!

As in don't scroll down if you are waiting to see it all. ;)

It was great. But it doesn't make sense why President Palmer knew of the impending doom. And then they killed him off. :(

And President Logan is disturbing. Why couldn't they have killed him off insteed?

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I think I didn't feel like it flowed BECAUSE I watched it all in one day.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:It was great. But it doesn't make sense why President Palmer knew of the impending doom. And then they killed him off. :(

And President Logan is disturbing. Why couldn't they have killed him off insteed?
We still don't know exactly what Palmer knew... once we do, I imagine it will make sense. And while I don't like Logan, that's what makes it fun... he's an unpredictable president, which makes for good conflict. Palmer was a great president grounded with morals... Logan, you have no idea what he's thinking and he's completely unstable. And it wouldn't have been nearly as meaningful if a minor character like Logan was killed of instead of a major character from season 1 - 3 (with a minor role in season 4) like Palmer is.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Shadowpaw wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:It was great. But it doesn't make sense why President Palmer knew of the impending doom. And then they killed him off. :(

We still don't know exactly what Palmer knew... once we do, I imagine it will make sense. And while I don't like Logan, that's what makes it fun... he's an unpredictable president, which makes for good conflict. Palmer was a great president grounded with morals... Logan, you have no idea what he's thinking and he's completely unstable. And it wouldn't have been nearly as meaningful if a minor character like Logan was killed of instead of a major character from season 1 - 3 (with a minor role in season 4) like Palmer is.
While I do agree with what you just said, I still don't like him. :noway:

-Cowboy

MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i think that they have killed more pleople this eason then in the other combined.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I don't like Jack as a character. He's like an RPG powergamer. Always wins, always knows what to do. Usually does it alone. Don't like it.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

That, my dear JD, is what we call a Mary-Sue. Or in his case, a Gary Stue ;-)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

That reference doesn't mean anything to me . . . :headscratch: :shrugs: :headscratch:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Sorry. It's a writing reference. A Mary Sue is a character a bit like Nancy Drew (hmm... interestingly enough, their names rhyme)-- they have a perfect, interesting life, they always win, and they never get bored in a bad way. It's sort of like the writer living out their own personal fantasy a life-- a bit like my with Rachael Blackgaard, I suppose, the difference being that I have no intention of getting my AIO fanfic published.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Oh. Very interesting. But makes for boring TV.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

What does? Having a person being a Mary Sue or not?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I don't know, I like rooting for Jack... and in season 3, Jack made several major mistakes and made things a lot worse for everybody. He is definitely a character with few flaws... but I watch the show to find out who's going to die next, how the story is going to progress, and how (not if) Jack is going to get out of his next predicament.
map
Found

Post by map »

I just got done watching season 4 on dvd. I really liked it. By the 5th disc tho, I was ready for the season to finally wrap up. I don't have cable, so I have to wait until this time next year to see what happens in season 5.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I just started watching the show a little while ago, i don't know much about the previous seasons, but this season is looking interesting. Though i was a little upset that they got rid of-then killed the former president, he was a lot better than the current one.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

LOL, we're watching season 6 right now. My brother recorded it for us.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

last night eps. was alright i liked the end but it was not that eciting last night.

-- 06 Mar 2006 08:43 pm --

OH my gosh this was the best episode of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They could never make i better episode!

double post fixed
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

What about next week? ;)

I enjoyed it too. \:D/

-Cowboy