What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

renee wrote:I am reading Lori Wick. Her books are the BEST!
AMEN!! =D>
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"Emily's Quest" by L.M. Montgomery \:D/ Finally I have reached the third book of the Emily series! The first two books are way longer than the third one, so I'm already halfway through the third one now.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Temptation, by Nancy Moser. :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
cukatydid46
Not as new

Post by cukatydid46 »

I just finished:

Moby Dick
Tale of Two Cities
The Giver
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle is really weird and...kind of scary if you get into it. The Giver is interesting but hard to imagine and would be scary if life was that weird.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

awesome book I just got today : nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Handbook! It is SO good for atheletes who are trying to fuel themselves properly, gain muscle, lose fat, anything!!! \:D/
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

cukatydid46 wrote:I just finished:

Moby Dick
Tale of Two Cities
The Giver

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle is really weird and...kind of scary if you get into it. The Giver is interesting but hard to imagine and would be scary if life was that weird.
true confessions is a different book, but alot of Avi's books are like that. I always thought they were pretty good
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I've read almost all of Jane Austen's books this summer(my favorites are Pride and Prejudice and Emma)-now i am starting Mansfield Park.
I also just started reading Josh Mcdowell's book-Evidence that Demands a Verdict (Volume 1)
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

poWerbOy wrote:I've read almost all of Jane Austen's books this summer(my favorites are Pride and Prejudice and Emma)-now i am starting Mansfield Park.
I also just started reading Josh Mcdowell's book-Evidence that Demands a Verdict (Volume 1)
I read Pride and Prejudice (or part of it-)

Evidence that Demands a Verdict is a good book. Has a lot of 'evidence' for Christianity. I read it for school.

The Long, Long Trail by Max Brand. -Good, old Western author!

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aram Doyle wrote:
cukatydid46 wrote:I just finished:

Moby Dick
Tale of Two Cities
The Giver

true confessions is a different book, but alot of Avi's books are like that. I always thought they were pretty good
I read that book a long time ago - I remember liking it, though it was kind of odd at parts. Not bad odd - just different that most of what I read back then. Now I feel like reading it again to see if it's a lot different than the pieces of plot that I remember!

I just finished L.M. Montgomery's "Kilmeny of the Orchard," which I hadn't read for a long time, and therefore couldn't remember the exact plot (which I liked, since I often can recall stuff like that too much to be surprised again ;)) and am currently reading a book of short stories that L.M.M. wrote. These ones are all connected to the sea somehow. Very interesting, though not all of them have happy endings so far. :(
Renata
I'm memorable
Post by Renata »

Last edited by Renata on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:4-5
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

poWerbOy wrote:I've read almost all of Jane Austen's books this summer(my favorites are Pride and Prejudice and Emma)-now i am starting Mansfield Park.
Heh, me too. Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion were my favorite, but I still need to read Emma.

Right now I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I just started reading "HOUSE" by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti today! \:D/
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

Down Range: Navy SEALs in the War on Terrorism by Dick Couch. \:D/
~S~
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

'Little Women' and 'The horse and his boy'
declinedcard
Not as new

Post by declinedcard »

The Top Crusader wrote:I just started reading "HOUSE" by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti today! \:D/
I read that book recently! Interesting...and a bit creepy. One of the many books I am reading is Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye by Carolyn McCulley. Don't be turned off by the title, it's a really great and practical book! However, it will probably sit on the shelf for quite a while before I finish it...maybe not....
Whassupi???

Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

a lovely book on fire safety techniques... There's about 6 authors, take your pick
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

The Boglehead's Guide to Investing

-jolly
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

The Witness by Dee Henderson, pretty interesting
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Facing Death by G.A. Henty.
Tyrell Jackson wrote:Down Range: Navy SEALs in the War on Terrorism by Dick Couch. \:D/
I'm pretty sure my brother has that book, and a whole lot of other by the same author.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

The Talisman by Stephen King was very good.

I just started Rose Madder by Stephen King. Quite interesting already. I blew by the first 80 pages.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!