Bowling

Guess what my super-wonderful score was?!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Bowling is ...

tons of fun!
65%
okay...I guess.
22%
totally pathetic! Catspaw is dumb!
8%
Bowling? What is this strange thing you talk about?
5%

Total votes: 37

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

JesusFreak777 wrote:I havent been bowling since I went with Toppicado last summer \:D/
According to your title you survived.. ;)

Anyways back ontopic, I've never bowled in my life.. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ajamj, that stuff sounds really fun! \:D/ My grandparents were part of a serious bowling league way back when, and had tons of trophies from it, to the point where they gave a bunch of trophies back so that they could win them again. ;) I almost never go, and I'm terrible at it, but what you describe sounds like tons of fun for people who are like me and not very good at bowling. Fun hats! \:D/
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I've never went bowling much...so I've never really obtained a like or dislike for it.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Totally pathetic! Catspaw is dumb! \:D/

I've been bowling once. It was with our Bible Bowl group. (haha, and no, we do not have bowling tournaments.) I almost won when playing against everyone else, but while I started out well, I slowly got worse, that was several years ago.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

never played it.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I went bowling once with some of the kids from my church, and I got 12 points.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I enjoy bowling well enough, except when Anne is competing against me, because she always wins! Bowling makes for a good b-day party activity I think.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

In high school, my friends' youth group did a surprise bowling trip once... All they told everyone was to bring socks. Then when we got to the church, they loaded everyone into a bus and away we went! It was neat to be a mystery like that...
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I love bowling! It's just that I'm horrible at it. Seriously...the last time I bowled I got a grand total of 35. It shames me to type it.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I've bowled like once in my entire life.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Bradley Doyle wrote:I've bowled like once in my entire life.
You poor deprived soul. :boohoo:

;)

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I bowled a 52 once and then my friends informed me that I was holding the ball with thte wrong fingers...apparently i had been bowling wrong my whole life..lol
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I know I'm bumping this after a month and a half, but this discussion took place when I was gone, so I'm using that as an excuse.

Bowling is awesome \:D/ I used to hate it, and then my brother talked me into it like a two years ago, and I've been loving it since. We have really cheap places were we can bowl four game for 5 bucks each on Thursday, so when I'm home me and my brother go once a week. My high score is 128, and my average is between 90 and 110.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

sry to do this... but my best score has been like 105, i think. if i play my brothers thats no challenge at all. they usually beat me out...
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Okay, how many of you have ever been in the middle of your backswing while bowling and had the ball slip out of your fingers and roll the wrong way?

*raises hand*

Oddly enough, I think that was the game that I bowled a 134, which is currently my all-time high. Until a couple years ago my average was around 60. Now it's around the same as Jonny's. \:D/ Yeah, bowling is awesome! \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Bowling can be fun; our church always rents out the whole bowling alley on new years eve for like 3 hours for a small amount you can bowl as many times as you want in the time period :D it's a lot of fun and the best I've ever done is like......115 i think :-k
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

That One Girl wrote:I want to puke anytime I go into rsteraunts in Lynchburg..they all smell terribly. Blech.
Red Robin is a smoke free resturant and serves awesome burgers (not better than five guys though ;)) According to their website, I think they'll be adding one soon to Lynchburg.

As far as bowling goes, my best score is 152 which I've bowled twice (amazing how that works out). My best friend is a beast at bowling, he's got a spin like the professionals use and will consistantly score above 250 :shock:

In fact, just last month we went bowling but his right arm was broken so he bowled with his left and he still beat me!! #-o
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay for the return of the story of Catspaw's lack of skill at bowling! \:D/

STRYPER, remind me to never go bowling with your friend. :anxious: It must be kind of boring to just sit around watch somebody be way better then you...even with his less dominant arm. ;) Not that I find that amusing or anything, and I'm definitely not laughing at your pain right now. :noway: Nope!

O:)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Bowling...ehh, it depends on the day. I don't love bowling, and I don't like playing in big groups, because it takes forever to get to my turn (yes, yes, Lizzie knows she's impatient).
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Catspaw wrote:STRYPER, remind me to never go bowling with your friend. :anxious: It must be kind of boring to just sit around watch somebody be way better then you...even with his less dominant arm. ;) Not that I find that amusing or anything, and I'm definitely not laughing at your pain right now. :noway: Nope!

O:)
Actually he's one of the kindest guys I've ever played with and always seeks to help me in my game.

Also he does this really cool thing where he stands at the stairs and spins the ball from the back for a strike. :shock: I'll see if I can get a picture...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again