What did they say?

If you had trouble understanding what any AIO character said, post here

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

That's what I heard, too. That's the official word according to the Complete Guide.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Due to the wonders of technology, I was able to decipher the message.
The motor man has a face in the suki of (the?) (k?) neckchow
I don't think it severely decreases the humor aspect, though actually having a clue as to what he said decreases the wonder -- we debated over what it was heavily, one of the first times we heard it, and played it over and over.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I had a question about what Connie's dad says at the end of "Where is thy Sting?". He says something about forgiving, but I don't remember what.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bob wrote:Due to the wonders of technology, I was able to decipher the message.
The motor man has a face in the suki of (the?) (k?) neckchow
I don't think it severely decreases the humor aspect, though actually having a clue as to what he said decreases the wonder -- we debated over what it was heavily, one of the first times we heard it, and played it over and over.
Welcome here, Bob! \:D/ My, that's quite the message there. ;) *wanders off to buy a neckchow* :dance:
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

this is a GREAT idea for a thread - I'll have to post next time I hear something I don't understand (there are plenty of those.)

One of my favorite parts of Top This is the "What is he Saying?" contest... I think it sounds most like the one about the monkey man in the circle of conviction.

But knowing what it was would spoil the scene.
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

uhm suzanne - they already posted what it was. If you read all the way through the thread it might help you. ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

In Plan B: Missing in Action, when Whit is supposed to meet AREM (Mitch) in a hotel room, these guys come in the hotel room and say "FREEZE! We want the CPU and all the componentry" and then someone groans. Which character is that? (Or am I totally off-base and it's part of the connecting music?)
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Bobby Manning wrote:I had a question about what Connie's dad says at the end of "Where is thy Sting?". He says something about forgiving, but I don't remember what.
I think Bill Kendall says "I can't even ask God to forgive me when I can't forgive myself."

This isn't a "what did he say?" question, but interesting nonetheless. During the Novacom Arc in "Expect the Worst" when Whit and Tom are talking after the tower blows up, Whit says "You were all near the tower when it blew up?" and you distinctly hear someone saying, "uh huh." The voice is quieter than Tom's so you might have to turn your speakers up to hear it, but it's there. My little brother spotted it. :D
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Crazy 4 Pugs wrote:In Plan B: Missing in Action, when Whit is supposed to meet AREM (Mitch) in a hotel room, these guys come in the hotel room and say "FREEZE! We want the CPU and all the componentry" and then someone groans. Which character is that? (Or am I totally off-base and it's part of the connecting music?)
I believe it is Mitch groaning---because, he's like "Oh Great!". I may be incorrect though... :anxious:
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Does anyone know what the characters in the Odyssey movie were saying in, "A Day in the Life"? It's during the scene where Connie, Eugene, Bernard, and Whit are talking in the theatre. In the background, you can hear the audience laughing and the movie being played. I'd like to know what the dialogue in the movie is.

More of a "What's that almost hidden message?" question in stead of a "What did he say?" question, but I'm curious. Hopefully, it's something like the zombie movie hidden dialogue in "Slumber Party".
Everything written in this post is false.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Hmm...I don't know, but I'm curious. I should go listen to that one.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:Does anyone know what the characters in the Odyssey movie were saying in, "A Day in the Life"? It's during the scene where Connie, Eugene, Bernard, and Whit are talking in the theatre. In the background, you can hear the audience laughing and the movie being played. I'd like to know what the dialogue in the movie is.

More of a "What's that almost hidden message?" question in stead of a "What did he say?" question, but I'm curious. Hopefully, it's something like the zombie movie hidden dialogue in "Slumber Party".
If you listen VERY closely, you can hear that it's actually dialog from the show "That's Not Fair!" I had to listen about five times before I could figure out which show it was from.

Nathan
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Oh. Thanks, Nathan!

Six months from now, I will randomly ask it in an Adventures in Odyssey trivia contest and smite the competition! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! :badgrin:
____

EDIT:
Crazy 4 Pugs wrote:In Plan B: Missing in Action, when Whit is supposed to meet AREM (Mitch) in a hotel room, these guys come in the hotel room and say "FREEZE! We want the CPU and all the componentry" and then someone groans. Which character is that? (Or am I totally off-base and it's part of the connecting music?)
I believe that that was the scene in which Mitch was shot and supposedly killed (which would explain the groaning; after all, being shot in the chest is a pretty good reason to moan in pain). I'm not sure, though. That's what I gathered online.
Everything written in this post is false.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

This scene is actually when Agent Bourland and his crew take Mr. Whittaker's computer. I believe the groaning is Whit. I'll have to go listen to it.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Woody wrote:
This scene is actually when Agent Bourland and his crew take Mr. Whittaker's computer. I believe the groaning is Whit. I'll have to go listen to it.
Uh... no. This is where they "kill" Mitch. And, they say we want the CPU and all the components. Now, let's get out of this bumped thread before they kill us, too.
he/him | a little stinker.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Catspaw wrote:The other night I was listening to "The Marriage Feast" and the king is trying to decide who the prince wants to marry. He says the knight's niece and the duke's daughter, but I missed the third one. :( I can't remember the title right now, but that part I caught, just not the second half.
"The clown's courtier" and the viceroy's something or other. Vestal maybe? That's the closest thing I can come up with.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I think that background tracks would be an interesting direction to take with this bumped post, since it was slightly brought up here 6 years ago. I love trying to hear the things playing in the background during a scene. Would people like to perhaps post transcripts of certain clips, and where they appear? I think that would be interesting. Ex: Jumbo Fork commercial, Superwatch, or the TV or radio in a particular scene, like the beginning of Family Vacation, Part 1, where George turns the radio on, and it announces that Dr. Dobson's show is about to begin.

On a related note, I really loved it how in a recent Official Podcast, they played an old Chick-Fil-A commercial that began with "WHAT IS THAT!? SOME KIND OF KILLER MONSTER?!" Even though it wasn't mentioned on the podcast, it is easily recognizable as the commercial Connie played in "BTV-Behind the Scenes" to cut out Bernard's tyrade on the crew.

Bernard: "BE QUIET OUT THERE!!"
Commercial: "WHAT IS THAT!? SOME KIND OF KILLER MONSTER?!"
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Steve wrote:
Woody wrote:
Uh... no. This is where they "kill" Mitch. And, they say we want the CPU and all the components. Now, let's get out of this bumped thread before they kill us, too.
They don't take Mitch's computer (Well, they might have, but there's no scene that says they do) They take Whit's computer because of the college reports AREM sends to Connie.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Ok, here's one that stumps me:
In the episode The Vow, Jimmy is explaining the difference between strange and straaaange:
There’s different kinds of strange. There’s strange like when you let dried rubber cement hang out of your nose during shop class. Then there’s straaange like when you put your clothes on backwards and sing “Lady of the Tattooed ____” outside a wedding. See there’s a big difference between strange and straaange.

Ok, what's the name of the song? I can only get "Lady of the Tattooed" but there's another word there.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I always thought he said "Lady of the Tattooed Lady," but that doesn't make much sense. :-k. Maybe it was "Lady with a tattoo lady."
I think that background tracks would be an interesting direction to take with this bumped post, since it was slightly brought up here 6 years ago. I love trying to hear the things playing in the background during a scene. Would people like to perhaps post transcripts of certain clips, and where they appear? I think that would be interesting. Ex: Jumbo Fork commercial, Superwatch, or the TV or radio in a particular scene, like the beginning of Family Vacation, Part 1, where George turns the radio on, and it announces that Dr. Dobson's show is about to begin.
On the old AIOHQ site, there's a page listing the dialogue from many of the background scenes. :)