New Year, New Era

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

New Year, New Era

Post by Shadowpaw »

Everyone,

With today marking the beginning of a new year, as well as the start of the next mayoral campaign, I've decided it was also an ideal opportunity for me to make an announcement. For nearly seven years I have been actively involved with the Adventures in Odyssey online community, through both my website (The Soda Fountain) and the various message boards that have come and gone over the years. The Town of Odyssey, in particular, has been a blessing to be a part of and it's a testament to the members of this board in that we've managed to maintain nearly two years of sustained activity and growth on a scale I never imagined possible. And that growth I expect to continue for many more years to come!

Unfortunately, this election is the last election I will be involved with for an indefinite amount of time. Over the past 6 months, it has become painfully obvious to me that I no longer have the time available in my busy life to properly serve the board in the way I feel is necessary for the board to flourish. For me to continue in my role, as I have been doing for the past little while, would be a disservice to the wonderful community we have here. And, as many of our older members will attest to, real life responsibilities take precedence, even though most of the time I wish they didn't. I feel like I'm holding this board back and for me to selfishly continue in this position would undermine everything that we have built as a community. Therefore, for the time being anyway, I have determined that what is right for the board is for me to step aside.

When this board was conceived, the idea was that the leaders would constantly be changing to keep things fresh and to help the leadership be accountable to the people. My role would be to serve as the caretaker of the board, organizing elections, guiding the elected administrations, and helping with administrative tasks, As I feel this is a critical position on the board and must be filled, I have already selected a replacement to assume my responsibilities starting with the sixth administration. Fortunately, there are a few members here who possess the qualities I was looking for and it was a harder decision than many might think. However, it ultimately came down to this member's experience, patience, kindness and competence. She has served with every administration except the current one and there's no doubt in my mind that she is the best person to fill this void in my absence. So, without further ado, I'd like everyone to join me in welcoming Catspaw to the Town of Odyssey's administration team! Upon the polls closing on the 29th of this month, Catspaw will assume my responsibilities and serve the board to the best of her abilities. I know she will do a great job, but I wish her the best all the same!

Now, with that said, I will not be leaving entirely. As I did with the database earlier this week, I intend to continue to do what I can "technically" for the board. Whether that be fixing crashes when they occur or upgrading the board when necessary, I'll be around to perform those tasks. We will also be moving The Town of Odyssey to PHPBB 3.0 when it is released, which will be a project onto itself, but I'm willing to cross that bridge when we get to it and make the decisions that need to be made at that time.

So for now, I would like to thank everyone for making this such a wonderful place. If it wasn't for you, well, it certainly wouldn't have been so hard to come to the decision to step down. There's still a month left though... so let's make the most of it :).

Shadowpaw
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Congratulations, Catpsaw! \:D/ You're one of my most favorite members and I know you'll do an awesome job! \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Congratulations, Catspaw! :D We all know that you will do a great job! \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Congratz Catspaw... ^^
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Congrats, Catspaw!!! \:D/ You're lucky Shadowpaw accidently mispelled Hakeber into Catspaw when he made this post! \:D/
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Congratulations Catty!! I know you'll be wonderful! \:D/
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Yay Catspaw! \:D/ I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job!

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Congratz, Catspaw! I'm sure you'll do a great job of managing the board! and thankyou shadowpaw for doing a great job of managing the board!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Continental Admiral wrote:Congratulations, Catpsaw! \:D/ You're one of my most favorite members and I know you'll do an awesome job! \:D/
You used to be my favourite member, until you spelled my name wrong. :x

Thanks so much for all the nice and supportive comments, guys! I really appreciate it! :) Shadowpaw has done such a wonderful job that it would be impossible to be as cool as him (plus I don't look like Steven Curtis Chapman :() but I shall do my best! \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I was reading through his post and getting a little bit worried about who he was going to choose! Hugh sigh of relief that Catspaw will be the one! :D Hooray!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

As hard as your passing from us is, Corey, it is only because of the pleasantness of the memories of the past. I count it a privilege and a blessing to have known you, to have witnessed your dedication, to have followed your work, and to have worked with you these past 4 months. May God bless you in your departure as you have blessed us in your presence.

I applaud your insight in selecting Catspaw to be a replacement of sorts. I have no doubt that she will maintain this role with all the grace, charm, care, and wisdom that she has carried herself since we first met her. You have earned your place here, Catspaw, and I have faith that as we enter this new chapter in the tale of the Adventures in Odyssey online community, that you will lead us well.

May God Bless us,

David
Not dead yet.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I always knew this day would come. Corey, you're a good man and you've done a wonderfull job here. This community is amazing, and you've been heading it up for quite a long time since the end of the TH days. Thanks so much for your leadership, dedication, and friendship to myself and all the people here. God Bless, buddy. And good luck to Catspaw! :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I echo EB's comments. Change is never fun, but Catspaw should make it easy. I really don't think there could be a better substitute.

Catspaw, it will be an honor to follow your leadership submit to your wise counsel. I know that when big problems and troublesome newbies come up, you will do a fine job of maintaining order. Really, there is no better person to mix wisdom, patience and grace when it comes to solving problems (except perhaps Shadowpaw himself :D).

Corey, all I can say is that I don't think you will ever fully recognize how much you have done for the little Odyssey Community until you get to heaven and are able to see more. Words simply aren't enough to describe the impact you've had on not only this board but on people's lives... especially mine.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Coolness! I know you'll do a great job Catspaw!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Awww :mecry: Corey, you have done a wonderful job with this board. It has meant so much to me this past year and a half. I have been so blessed by it. I hope that you will enjoy the break you will be getting from hte board, and that you will have more time to do life's duties. :hug:

Catspaw is a wonderful choice to be admin! \:D/ I've learned the hard way that being an admin is no walk in the park. I deeply respect the both of you for the jobs you have done and will be doing.

Catspaw, you are going to be great and I am so happy for you. IF you ever need any encouragement or anything, just let me know. :hug:

God bless you both,

JF
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Aww... so sad to see this day finally come. But super congrats to Catspaw! So glad to see the board kept in the Paw family. \:D/

;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The JF wrote: Catspaw, you are going to be great and I am so happy for you. IF you ever need any encouragement or anything, just let me know. :hug:
You're super sweet, as usual - thanks, Sarah! :hug: You're always encouraging without me even asking, so thanks so much!
Darcie wrote:Aww... so sad to see this day finally come. But super congrats to Catspaw! So glad to see the board kept in the Paw family. \:D/

;)
Yeah, that's really the only reason that he picked me...the name. I'm glad that I made the right username choice! \:D/

And thanks again to everybody for all the nice comments! I think that it's wonderful that you're all so supportive! :)
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Congratulations, Catspaw. I know you'll do a great job. Thanks for serving us and always being willing to help, Shadowpaw. Both of you rock.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

We will miss you around here Shadowpaw! :bye: Thanks for everything you've done on the ToO. :truce:

Congratulations Catspaw! You'll do great as admin. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I second what everyone else has said, and also...

Shadowpaw, you've done a wonderful job heading up - not to mention starting - the ToO! I know I've only been here a few months, and I don't know you as well as some of the others do, but your creativity and leadership have not only held this place together, but made it a truly wonderful haven for us fellow members-turned-friends. And after all... who could ever forget those awesome story arcs? Gabriel Dragstack, anyone? \:D/

Catspaw, if anyone can fill Shadowpaw's shoes, it's you! Not only will you do an excellent job with the decision-making stuff, but I know that, with your friendly, considerate presence on the Staff (capitalization added for emphasis), you'll be able to handle the dealing-with-people aspect of the job. Congratulations! I'm excited to see what happens when you take up the reigns (but no pressure ;))