The Bourne Ultimatum

movie

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
cubsmith08
OK

The Bourne Ultimatum

Post by cubsmith08 »

so, are any of you guys excited about the new bourne movie coming out?? i can't wait! i am SOOO pumped!! :D :D :D

have any of ya'll read the books?? i haven't.

here's the link for the trailer if you want to see it:
http://www.bourne-ultimatum.net/

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

In short, I'm not really all that excited for the last installment of the Bourne trilogy, but as a Ludlum affecionado I figured I should at least make mention of one or two of his other books (namely, The Tristan Betrayal and The Ambler Warning) that are quite good if you're into the espionage/action/political thriller genre.
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

ooh...i'll have to check those books out! i love books like that!!

Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

cubsmith08 wrote:so, are any of you guys excited about the new bourne movie coming out?? i can't wait! i am SOOO pumped!! :D :D :D
Me too!

I have heard that the books are better than the movies but I haven't read any of them. I'm more of a movie person than a book person but maybe I'll get around to reading them sometime.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I'm seeing the first two movies tomorrow. Huzzah for movie-marathoning with youth pastor/siblings... and then from there I will probably see Ultimatum whenever it comes out on DVD.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

Macnut wrote:
cubsmith08 wrote:so, are any of you guys excited about the new bourne movie coming out?? i can't wait! i am SOOO pumped!! :D :D :D
Me too!

I have heard that the books are better than the movies but I haven't read any of them. I'm more of a movie person than a book person but maybe I'll get around to reading them sometime.
yeah, except my dad told me that the books have a lot more language than the movies...that's the only reason i haven't read them yet! :anxious: i dunno...we'll see! :D

Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I really want to see it, but it's not my most anticipated action movie of 2007.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
strife286
Tallying up

Post by strife286 »

I definitely can't wait. I hope they keep making them, like they do Bond movies. That means one day in 10 years or so I could be the next Bourne, hah! The fighting is top notch and raw, I love it. And it's fun to watch how clever Bourne is.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

*gasp* I didn't even know there was a new Bourne movie coming out!!! (that tells you how much I am on top of today's media) I really enjoy those movies. And actually, the Bourne Supremacy is one of the very few sequels that I enjoy.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

The Books are good.

I do have some slight issues with Jason Bourne being depicted as a young man in the movies, while in the books, he's rather old.

I too am a Ludlum fan, so perhaps I shall wait until it comes out on DVD also.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I'm definitely looking forward to this movie! I loved The Bourne Identity and Supremacy! I haven't read the books yet, but they're on my to read list.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yay! I can finally comment on this thread. With all the hype for Ultimatum, I figured I'd better do some research. So I got the original trilogy (the books), and read them in the space of a week. Promptly on finishing them, I rented the first two movies, and watched them last night. That was one of the biggest disappointments I've ever had. The movies have virtually nothing in common with the books. To be quite honest, I'm shocked that they used the same titles. They're so different. If anything, Supremacy was the last third of Identity (the book), and even that's stretching it.

The books do have more language, etc, but I found them to be far superior. Very intelligent thrillers. After what I just saw, I'm not excited at all for Ultimatum to come out. If I see it at all, it'll be long after it comes out on DVD.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

The first two movies were pretty interesting, but I'm not overly excited about the movie. I'll probably see it eventually on DVD. Me now has me interested in the books, though...
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

While I know there is a difference between the movies and the books, I still want to see the third movie, as well as read the books one day. I like all things of the thriller/spy genre, so I think I'd find them both enjoyable, even though they don't coincide completely.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

WOW...

BEST...MOVIE...EVER!!

Couldn't believe my eyes. A third part in a trilogy that's actually better than the first two. Weird.
Last edited by Bennett on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I've never seen any of the Bourne movies...but- I'd like to sometime.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

please no spoilers. My brother and sister went to see it, and I made them promise not to tell me anything about it 'cause I wanted to watch it for myself.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image