Post A Picture Of Your Aquarium

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fenix
The Rich

Post A Picture Of Your Aquarium

Post by Fenix »

Heres mine. Soon it will be ready.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Tragically, I have no aquarium to take a picture of, but I'm sure that some fish will be very happy with their new abode, Fenix. :D
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

What a coincidence! I have the exact same aquarium, except mine is filled with killer mutant piranhas. :D :-$

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

^ Thats funny Movieman! :rofl:
Last edited by Epic on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Update

Update

Edit - please try to avoid double posts and evil maniacs. Thanks! - Catspaw
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm sure that the fish that will soon reside in such a lovely abode are going to enjoy that purple phone! \:D/ You know, so that they can stay in touch when the friends they left behind.

Slightly offtopic, that is an awesome avatar, Fenix! \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Even without knowing about the new cat avatar I was going to comment on the humour of a cat posting pictures of his aquarium! Hmm... maybe we have found the real reason why the tank is empty! :shock:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Update

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, lots of rocks! I hope that you're getting small fish! (Though if the cat in your avatar is yours, it might be wishing the opposite!) ;)
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Catspaw wrote:Wow, lots of rocks! I hope that you're getting small fish! (Though if the cat in your avatar is yours, it might be wishing the opposite!) ;)
Who said anything about fish? I plan to raise rocks.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oops, my mistake! Once again I feel compelled to listen to the AIO episode "Naturally, I Assumed" so I can recite the line, "Never assume!"

So, is there a special kind of rock that you're going to focus on? I feel woefully uneducated in this area. :(
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Yes I am, mainly Fiji Live Rock, probably a few others too.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, I see - very cool! I actually had no idea that people would have an aquarium for rocks, but a quick Google search has steered me in the right direction! \:D/
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Catspaw wrote:Oh, I see - very cool! I actually had no idea that people would have an aquarium for rocks, but a quick Google search has steered me in the right direction! \:D/
Its actually a little more than just having rocks. Check back here frequently and you will learn something new.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

As a soon to be saltwater aquarium starter (not the technical term, obviously), with some small interest in raising live rock (though, I plan to focus more on fish) I welcome any advice you can share on the successes and/or difficulties with your aquarium project.

Looks good so far!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Fenix wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Oh, I see - very cool! I actually had no idea that people would have an aquarium for rocks, but a quick Google search has steered me in the right direction! \:D/
Its actually a little more than just having rocks. Check back here frequently and you will learn something new.
So..... what exactly are you doing with the rock aquarium?... if you don't mind me asking, that is :D.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Updated. New Lights

Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Very nice lights! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Darcie wrote:Even without knowing about the new cat avatar I was going to comment on the humour of a cat posting pictures of his aquarium! Hmm... maybe we have found the real reason why the tank is empty! :shock:
Haha, cant believe i didn't notice that! haha. The cat in my avatar looks very satisfied.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:As a soon to be saltwater aquarium starter (not the technical term, obviously), with some small interest in raising live rock (though, I plan to focus more on fish) I welcome any advice you can share on the successes and/or difficulties with your aquarium project.

Looks good so far!
Marine aquariums are a lot of work, they cost a lot more than fresh water fish and their living conditions need to be close to perfect. On the bright side they are so much cooler! Do you have any experience with aquariums in the past?
Iron and Light wrote:
Fenix wrote:
So..... what exactly are you doing with the rock aquarium?... if you don't mind me asking, that is :D.
Well live rocks are the foundation of any salt water aquarium. The reason they are called "live rocks", is because there are tiny micro-organisms that live inside the rocks. These organisms cycle your tank and filter your water.
Pseudonym wrote:Very nice lights! \:D/
why Thank you very much! The lights are really cool. They have many different settings for different times in the day.

Light quality is something that is crucial in many marine aquariums. Many marine aquarium keepers spend most of their money in this department. I by far do not have the best lighting but it might be ok for what I'm doing.
I have all the lights on timers so it will simulate real life.
DayLight

Morning / Evening Lighitng

Moon Light
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

so wheres the fish?
yay i would post my aquarium but my fish died couple days before thanksgiving and then we had for Tday dinner......... :-

or not.