Rethinking

Which characters would you pick?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I have missed something. Odyssey is taking a year off after the spring season ? is there topics talking about this because I have missed it.

I know Aria Curzon said the producers have told her she is getting older and wont be on the show anymore.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:I have missed something. Odyssey is taking a year off after the spring season ? is there topics talking about this because I have missed it.

I know Aria Curzon said the producers have told her she is getting older and wont be on the show anymore.
In the newest Unofficial AIO podcast Marshall Younger and Nathan Hoobler state that after the upcoming season there will be no new episodes until the Fall of 2009.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

thanks.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

You are very welcome!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Revamp Odyssey?!?!?!?!

This cannot be unless they are bringing older characters back! ](*,)

You simply cannot have Odyssey without Whit, :shame: and at the very least a replacement of Jason to run the shop. Other characters that MUST stay are Jack/Joanne, Connie, Eugene (and I guess therefore Katrina although I will admit I am not so fond of her), Wooton, Tom and Bernard. I know they will need to replace Tom sadly, but I think that Odyssey without any of these main characters will just be horrible for me. So if any of the previous actors/actresses must leave, then find a grand voice replacement!!

I like the Washingtons (Kelly not so much), and I also like the Rathbone's, although after hearing the new Bart, perhaps they should just stick with Rodney in future episodes unless they can find a better replacement. I'm borderline with Grady and his family, so if they stay or go, I'll be fine either way. Mandy also annoys me, so if she left I wouldn't be heartbroken either.

Nick would be neat to bring back. I also liked the Mulligan family in general. Perhaps finally a male love interest for Connie would be nice too. Jimmy would be neat to see. Any other older AIO character would make me happy too! \:D/
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

All actors are getting older.

Alan Young (Jack) is 88. I wonder how long more he will be acting. I am glad he will be on episodes this season.

Janet Waldo (Joanne) turned 90 this month.
Last edited by Jimmy Barclay Fan on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I think they should replace Whit with a hot dog! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Pseudonym wrote:I think they should replace Whit with a hot dog! \:D/
You may from now on keep your ideas to yourself, Pseu. :noway:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

And Jack Allen should turn into Godzilla! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Storm
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Storm »

You really think Alan Young is that big and intimidating?!?
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

I'd say KEEP:
-Connie
-Wooton
-Eugene & Katrina
-Jason

Occasional appearances by:
-Whit
-Jack & Joanne
-Mandy
-Cryin' Bryan Dern
-The McKay Family (Grady, Sam, etc)

Then give us a clean slate on all other characters. Introduce a new family, a new bully/flawed character like Bart/Rodney... and how about an Asian character? They have been conspicuously absent from AIO thus far.

just my 2 cents.
-king shasta
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

To everyone who has gone up in arms saying Whit/Herlinger can indeed relate to kids, please take a look at Chandler's post.
Chandler wrote:
Jed Clampett wrote:Why is everyone writing off Paul Herlinger? Is he not doing well or are we just assuming since he's old he needs to be replaced or written out? :anxious:
He just can't relate to kids anymore. ;)
Notice the smiley at the end, and note the winkiness of the wink.

That being said, I have no preferences I want to list as to who should stay or who should leave. What I am worried about is what will happen to the momentum of the show. This last season was really quite good, and it sounds like the next season will be as well.

And now we will take a year and a half off. Why do I find that significant? Because the other hiatus we had was a mere 9 months. I'm concerned the show will have a different feel that won't relate to me.

But I'm sure my worrying is for nothing, and maybe this whole post is a round-about way of saying that I don't want to wait that long for new episodes ;)

Still, I can't help but be apprehensive about all this.......
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I am a little shocked to learn that Odyssey is taking such a long hiatus - no new shows until Fall 2009? Wow, I almost feel like I'm about to lose a good friend or something. :( Hopefully the show will get even better once it resumes next year. Although I wholeheartedly agree with Jonathan that last season was excellent, the best I've heard in a very long time.
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Pseudonym wrote:And Jack Allen should turn into Godzilla! \:D/
Excellent idea! \:D/

At the very least, the Incredible Hulk! \:D/
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

Actually, to clarify on Jimmy Barclay's post, the producers were thinking of writing out Mandy because they thought Aria was leaving the area and would not be free to record. She decided to stay here in L.A. and now they (the producers) are reconsidering the fact. Doesn't mean they won't eventually choose to write her out, but it won't be because of age. Aria is (fortunately for a voice actress) blessed with a voice that sounds perpetually young (much like Katie Leigh) so she could conceivably play Mandy for many years to come. So far she has had no word on the final decision.

Zac

Edit: Also, Aria will be in Colorado Springs for the live show taping in the summer, so that seems to answer the question of her current status on the show. (so get your autograph books ready;)

Zac

Please use the "Edit" button when you want to say something else and you are the last person to post instead of double-posting. Thanks! ~ Pseudonym
"The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational – it is pre-denominational. It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago."