Hallie- my little sister- PLEASE read!

WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

How cool! That's so amazing!! \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Praise The Lord!! I'm glad to hear you can adopt her now!! I'm sorry to hear that she's sick, I'm still praying for you!
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Oh wow!! That is utterly amazing! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Yay!!! I'm so happy for ya'll! \:D/

I'll continue to pray that everything else will workout, and that Hallie will get well.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I praise the Lord for all that He does...God is good all the time, and all the time, He is good. There's nothing better than the joy that comes from Him. :D

I'm super happy for you and your family, Lena! You're getting a new baby sister! Haha, yes! Hugs all around! :hug:
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

So how has Hallie been doing??
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Hey everyone. We still haven't heard about Hallie's health, but that is a good thing. If she were still sick, we would have heard about it by now :). In the meantime, I have something else to ask everyone to pray for. Here's a copy of the entry I made in the group Facebook group Help Bring Hallie Home:
Help Bring Hallie Home Entry wrote:9/19/2008- Where we are now- Hey everybody. I felt it was time to do an update on the adoption. Right now, we're waiting for Vietnam to release all of Hallie's paperwork and all information that they know regarding her. After Vietnam releases her information, we send it all in (with more paperwork) to the United States Immigration. Then, they will review everything, and give us their approval for adoption called an "I-600." Approval is NOT guaranteed- this is something we also need to pray for. After we receive the I-600 approval, we can set travel dates. So, here's the other thing that we need to pray for now: Vietnam has been taking forever to release the adoptive child's paperwork, and America has been taking even longer to produce an I-600 approval (about 5 to 6 months). This is horrible because it would mean that we won't be able to bring Hallie home until then. We want her home now. She's not an orphan anymore, she has a family. We see no need for her to continue living in an orphanage. She's just growing older without her family. Not to mention, the orphanages in southern Vietnam have been infested with scabies. They have no proper treatment in Vietnam to cure it (they only have medication to help the kids deal with it). We already have the medication to cure it the minute we get her, but we cannot do that until we have her in our arms. So, in the meantime, she suffers from scabies.
Thank you all for your prayers. God has worked so many miracles thus-far, this will be nothing for Him to do.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I'll keep her in my prayers, Lena. It's such a blessing that you've gotten this far, may God's grace lead her home.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I am sure God wants this little girl with you and your family. He will provide a way for her to come soon. In the meantime, we pray.
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

I'll definitely continue praying for you and for Hallie, Lena. God's timing is always perfect, just put your trust in Him.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'll be praying.
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

I will definitley keep you and her in my prayers..<3
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Hey everyone! Nothing like bumping up an old thread (haha), but I have an update \:D/!! Hallie's paperwork was released today and the I-600 was filed! Now, we're just waiting for the US government to approve the adoption, and then the Giving and Receiving (the day where Vietnam formally gives Hallie to us and recognizes our adoption in a ceremony) date will be set! :D

PLEASE pray that the approval will be granted quickly, and that our Giving and Receiving date will be soon. We are praying that Hallie will be home with us for her first Christmas :).
Last edited by Iron and Light on Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This is the good kind of bump. ;) I'm glad to hear that things are progressing well, and I'll be praying that the final steps will go smoothly and quickly!
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Praise the Lord that all has gone well so far. I'll be praying for you all. I'm so glad it has all worked out.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Praise God! \:D/ He's going to bring her home for Christmas, I can feel it!
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

Wow! What awesome news to hear right before thanksgiving! That is so wonderful! :)
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I am so excited for your family!!! I hope that you are able to get every thing figured out shortly and are able to have Hallie home very shortly. I will still be praying.
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've been following this thread for awhile, and I wanted to say how amazing it has been to see God's hand in this process in so many ways! :D
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Yes, yes, yes! *jumps around while hugging I&L* :hug: Is your whole family going to go to get her in VN, or just your parents? :D