The Ultimate Odyssey IQ Challenge!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

You can enter as many times as you want, but your most recent entry will be graded. All previous submissions will be disqualified. In other words... do your best every time you re-submit!
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Well, I tried. ;) Lots of guesses, though. I don't own enough Odyssey albums - I needed to listen to so many eps to find the right answers and I couldn't. :mad:

Thanks for doing this, Jacob and Trent. It was a lot of fun. :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

*enters* LizzieG's going down this time! :wink:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

We'll see! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jacob Isom wrote:Today's the last day to participate in the Ultimate Odyssey IQ Challenge! Get your entries in before it's too late!
Oops. Thought today was the last day.
Ignore my little completed list. :-
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Question: are any answers found in episodes that are not currently available; i.e.- The Quality of Mercy?
There might be one, but the question itself is also answered in a released episode as well, making things nice. We didn't use any questions from unreleased episodes.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Thank you to everyone who was involved in making this contest happen! I'd do it again tomorrow, even if there wasn't a prize!

*keeps pre-order for Vol. 51 on Amazon*
Elementus Green
Lurker

Post by Elementus Green »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I found it challenging... and AIO wiki gave me absolutely nothing. Not even Jason's agent #... for which, I have no episodes on this computer, so I basically couldn't do anything except the ones I knew. ... Oh well. 15 is better than nothing I guess.
You know what you need to do then, right? add it to AIO wiki!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Congrats to all the winners! \:D/ LizzieG's right up there at the top, no surprise there. ;) Any other ToOers in the top 3?

I only got around 70 right, if I counted correctly. Ah well. It was still a lot of fun!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

MEMO TO CONTESTANTS: We have our winners today... but I'm sure a lot of you have figured that out already. Thanks for playing everyone. What are your thoughts? Should we do more contests like this in the future?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Boswell wrote:Thank you to everyone who was involved in making this contest happen! I'd do it again tomorrow, even if there wasn't a prize!

*keeps pre-order for Vol. 51 on Amazon*
Glad you enjoyed it, Boswell!

Amazon?! You still haven't learned your lesson, I see... :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Elementus Green wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I found it challenging... and AIO wiki gave me absolutely nothing. Not even Jason's agent #... for which, I have no episodes on this computer, so I basically couldn't do anything except the ones I knew. ... Oh well. 15 is better than nothing I guess.
You know what you need to do then, right? add it to AIO wiki!
Um... I don't know what it is anyway. *shrug* And I don't mess with AIO wiki. I don't even know how to change something, even if I have an account...

I was probably like... last place. lol.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations to the winners! :D Yay for Lizzie's awesomeness! \:D/ And I'm guessing that at least one other ToO scored over 90, which is fabulous. And many thanks to the guys who came up with all those evil number questions. :x (But really, thanks. It was fun!)
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Well, I did pretty well. There were several I didn't know, but there were many more I did know. And I even know Eugene and Katrina's favorite table number! \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Darn it! I made a lot of really stupid mistakes (hindsight is 20/20, huh?) and only ended up with 85. I was hoping for at least 90. Oh well, there were at least five that I took random guesses at, so I wouldn't have won anyway and I had a lot of fun! Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to Jacob and Trent for their organization of the contest!

You guys should definitely do more contests like this one in the future! All of your contests are fun, but this one might just be my favorite AIO contest ever. The questions were creative, not to hard and not to easy. And, allowing for research made it a fun project to go back and listen to episodes gathering information rather than just a quick quiz of your memory. That's what makes it a great measure of Odyssey fandom; you don't necessarily have to have a genius memory for all those minute facts and figures (does anybody really know Bernard's phone number off the top of their head, I mean, come on), but you do have to be familiar enough with the series to know where to look, which was a very interesting, unique and fun challenge. And, a great prize, to boot. :D I would love to see more contests like this in the future!

Also, Eugene and Katrina's table number is mentioned in Love is in the Air in addition to A Little Credit Please; that's where I got it from.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

How did you all know it was me?! :mad:

;)

I had a great time with this contest too - and so did my fellow Odyssey Club members! :D
King Butter Turtle wrote:You guys should definitely do more contests like this one in the future! All of your contests are fun, but this one might just be my favorite AIO contest ever. The questions were creative, not to hard and not to easy. And, allowing for research made it a fun project to go back and listen to episodes gathering information rather than just a quick quiz of your memory. That's what makes it a great measure of Odyssey fandom; you don't necessarily have to have a genius memory for all those minute facts and figures (does anybody really know Bernard's phone number off the top of their head, I mean, come on)
Believe it or not, one of the guys in my club does know all sorts of minute facts and figures - including that one! :yes:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Congratulations, Michael S., LizzieG, Devon, et al.!

I just finished reading through the answers. I enjoyed reliving the trivia plus reading the judges' analyses. Jacob, did you even need to ask if we'd like to see more? The resounding 104 unique entrants tell all!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Taq wrote:Congratulations, Michael S., LizzieG, Devon, et al.!

I just finished reading through the answers. I enjoyed reliving the trivia plus reading the judges' analyses. Jacob, did you even need to ask if we'd like to see more? The resounding 104 unique entrants tell all!
Thanks! I'll see what I can do. However, now that Trent will be out and about for a while, it may be hard to muster up the courage to do one all by myself. :) Just kidding, guys. I'll try to do my best. It's a lot of fun putting them together.

-- Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:15 am --

Come to think of it... I can still team up with the other biggest AIO fan site on the net: AIO Wiki!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Thanks for the congratulations! I was so shocked to find out that I had actually won 3rd place!!!! I really loved the contest, and am extremely glad that I stumbled upon it by chance!! It took me about 4 hours, with the help of my little sister, and having 2 iPods, AioWiki, the Odyssey Scoop, and iTunes, all working at the same time, searching for answers. Keep up the good work guys!! I'd love to see new contests like this. I really wish Odyssey would come out with a really hard Odyssey trivia book, since the "Answer This!" game is too easy.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Welcome to the Town of Odyssey, Leonard! It's great to have another avid AIO fan here. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on all things Odyssey. :)