Past times

What do you like to do in free time

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Past times

Post by gimp80995 »

OK, me personally.........at church / work I make the following statement out to be a lie, but other than work, church and youth group, the following pretty much discribes me.

Social life? What in the world is that? Why would I want to go around inneracting with other human beings in real life, when I can hibernate in my room on websites (such as ToO) and inneract with my friends to my hearts content without actually having to speak verbally.

Anti-social, you say? Not at all. I just don't like the idea of face-to-face inneraction. ;)

Seriously, I am a bit social at church / work........even show signs of enjoying such socialness.......but other than that, I do like to just relax in my room in front of the computer........so that's the answser........sit in front of the computer is my favorite thing to do in my free time.

Now several years ago I couldda listed off a wide variety of things........skating, karate, auditions, swimming, soccer.......just to name a few........but I'm really not into those things ('cept for the auditions part) nowadays.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I mostly like to read...and read...and read! :D
But I also enjoy baking, knitting, and crochet.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

That's kinda like me... a little bit.
gimp80995 wrote:Anti-social, you say? Not at all. I just don't like the idea of face-to-face inneraction. ;)
I too find it easier to talk to people on the internet, or phone rather than face-to-face.
Last edited by Larry The Pickle on Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I'm not a phone person..........many are convinced I don't know English when a phone is in my hand cuz there are all of four phrases that generally come out of my mouth on the phone (Occasionally more, but not very often)........my "on-phone" skills make my general verbal communication skills look super.

Hello

OK

Uh-huh

Bye

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I rarely use the phone either, but that does not deter me from still wanting, nay, need a cellphone! [-o<
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

gimp80995 wrote: Now several years ago I couldda listed off a wide variety of things........skating, karate, auditions, swimming, soccer.......just to name a few........but I'm really not into those things ('cept for the auditions part) nowadays.
Interesting to note that all of those activites were in my life before I really got into the Internet..............we have technology to blame for my anti-social behavior ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp

One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

When I was younger, I was involved in activities simply because my mom made me. Not in a forced type of way, but in a "I-Signed-you-up-and-i-will-drive-you-there-and-pick-you-up" type of way. Then when I got older and started making my own decisions about how I want to spend my time, I realized that the things she had me doing were not things I was interested in, and the people I hung out with were not the type of people I wanted to surrond myself with.

Now I have a very busy schedule, but it is busy with things that my parents dont see as important. Like doing crew for plays, taking classes at the community college, working at the library. My parents think I am antisocail, but the truth is, Im just not social with the same people they are social with. I always thought they wished I was not as nerdy as I am, and i thought they wanted me to be more like my older brother, who was very humorous and social and had tons of friends. He was always out doing stuff with his freinds, while I stayed at home reading or baking.
Then when he started getting in trouble and getting arrested, I think they apprecaited that I enjoyed staying in and not going out. =P~

I just think people need to be social they way they want to be. Some people like the internet, some like the phone, some like big groups of people, and others like a small group of friends. You just need to do what makes you comfortable, and understand that we are all different. The big thing my family has worked on is Tolerance. Knowing that people are different, and not trying to change them into what you think they should be. (Cept for getting arrested. You dont have to be tolerant of illegal activity) [-X

So that was a long ramble of me trying to say, I may appear antisocail, but im not. :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

When I have spare time, I generally spend it either online or watching a movie or playing video games or something. Although I don't really have tons of said spare time between work and school and my friends and such.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

At college: AIO and my computer (which includes the two messageboards). At home, when I'm not at work or church, I'll probably be playing with my cat or hanging out with CardClub.

-Jonathan
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

frogalwyz wrote:When I was younger, I was involved in activities simply because my mom made me. Not in a forced type of way, but in a "I-Signed-you-up-and-i-will-drive-you-there-and-pick-you-up" type of way. Then when I got older and started making my own decisions about how I want to spend my time, I realized that the things she had me doing were not things I was interested in, and the people I hung out with were not the type of people I wanted to surrond myself with.

Now I have a very busy schedule, but it is busy with things that my parents dont see as important. Like doing crew for plays, taking classes at the community college, working at the library. My parents think I am antisocail, but the truth is, Im just not social with the same people they are social with. I always thought they wished I was not as nerdy as I am, and i thought they wanted me to be more like my older brother, who was very humorous and social and had tons of friends. He was always out doing stuff with his freinds, while I stayed at home reading or baking.
Then when he started getting in trouble and getting arrested, I think they apprecaited that I enjoyed staying in and not going out. =P~

I just think people need to be social they way they want to be. Some people like the internet, some like the phone, some like big groups of people, and others like a small group of friends. You just need to do what makes you comfortable, and understand that we are all different. The big thing my family has worked on is Tolerance. Knowing that people are different, and not trying to change them into what you think they should be. (Cept for getting arrested. You dont have to be tolerant of illegal activity) [-X

So that was a long ramble of me trying to say, I may appear antisocail, but im not. :D
I have overheard other people's observation of me.........and from that it would appear that I seem to be two or three different people depending where I am at.......

At church / work, I'm quite the "class clown" making jokes and appearing to be quite outgoing.

At home.......I'll talk at the supper table or watch a movie with the others........but I honestly prefer to be in my room watching TV or being on the computer..........not that I don't like the others in the house, just usually I've had a long day at work and need some "me time". Many of my former roomates have mis-diagnosed this quietness / withdrawl at home thinking I was angry or upset about something...........true, sometimes when I get "creepy" quiet I am angry or upset, but more often than not I'm just taking a break and unwinding from my day. Most ppl who REALLY know me have gotten to the point of being able to tell the difference between me unwinding from the day and me being angry...........I applaud them since that's a skill that even many in my own family don't have.

Around strangers..........I have a set alotted time of "stranger inneraction time" per day and do my best to not exceed that..........I mean I'm not paranoid of strangers..........I just don't really feel comfortable around people I don't know...........I go to a new church, I'm going to do my best to get by without talking to to many people for the first few weeks while I observe..............but given time I'll come out of my shell and be outgoing and all that.

Was that enough rambling for ya ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp

Me
An original

Post by Me »

Computer, computer, internet. I also love to read, edit and shoot video, and play video games. I also listen to a lot of music, and watch a few movies. Recently I have been building a new computer desk. It should be finished this afternoon. I lead a fairly boring life (not to me, but it would seem that way to some).
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Going on here and other sites. Watching Hockey and Football. I also enjoy reading. I also play computer games a fair bit.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I spend my spare time reading, knitting, doing crafts, and writing.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

When I'm not doing school, at work teaching kids how to swim, playing soccer, spending time on ToO, eating, or sleeping? ;)

Like others have mentioned, I enjoy interacting online or face to face with friends. Whether we're studying, discussing the latest news, or merely talking about how much we miss the NHL, nothing beats a good chat with a friend. \:D/ I try not to spend too long watching TV or playing videos, and it isn't too hard--considering I don't have much spare time with which to begin. :D I also spend time playing guitar, playing various pieces or movie soundtracks (or at least attempting!) on the piano, and other music-related activites.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I don't have much of spare time with quite a full load of college credits, but when I do, I normally get on here, play music, or read. Or if I'm in the mood, I'll do some writing.

Cheerio
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

if the comps not free then I ussily go down to play my drums and if I cant do that then I might listen to the radio and if i cant do that then I read a book or go in my hot tub. :-({|=
Image [img]
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

When I'm not at church... (which is four nights a week...so when I finish homework I have to dash off to church.) I like to work on FBI...and ToO. But we're only allowed an hour a day on the computer...which stinks. Then I like to listen to AIO (duh) and A Prairie Home Companion. While I'm listening to those things I'm usually knitting, or sorting my stamp collection...or making my friends laugh. I'm very funny. o_0 When I'm not doing any of those things...I like to read...and play...and sleep...and eat.

That pretty much covers it.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I don't have alot of spare time between school and work....and most days after class I do homework (of course spaced out with visits to TH or ToO).

Otherwise I like to go visit the coast. Hang out with friends, go dancing, Camping, concerts, listen to live jazz at some local venue, work out, bake or try some new exotic recipe, look/buy stuff on eBay, remove my beanie babies from their vacuum sealed bags to dust them and then carefully replace them and seal em back up.........;)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

jessicado wrote:I don't have alot of spare time between school and work....and most days after class I do homework (of course spaced out with visits to TH or ToO).

Otherwise I like to go visit the coast. Hang out with friends, go dancing, Camping, concerts, listen to live jazz at some local venue, work out, bake or try some new exotic recipe, look/buy stuff on eBay, remove my beanie babies from their vacuum sealed bags to dust them and then carefully replace them and seal em back up.........;)
whoa...you collect beanie babies? That's kinda cool.
Do you have more than 200 yet?
I don't collect them...but I have a bunch of friends that did.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

:^o Oh now I feel bad! I was just kidding......... I have 2 I think--does that count?