Calling All Pirate Fans!!!

a Pirates four? O.o

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The third one isn't the best, but I really enjoy the first two, and the third one has a few good moments. Johnny Depp brings a lot to his role as Captain Jack Sparrow, and the story is interesting and funny. Thanks in part to the bonus features on the first DVD, I appreciate some of the smarter things in the film such as foreshadowing and other subtle things that make it above average when compared to some other action-adventure big movies. There are intriguing characters, funny moments, deeper moments...lots of good stuff to enjoy! I wish that the third movie was better, because it wasn't a great end to the trilogy. Norrington! :sniff: I really enjoy his arc between the first two movies, actually. He has some great moments in all three of the movies, actually. Especially the second one! Or was it just me? ;)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I always want to cry when he dies in the third one. :( He's such a lovable character... He just got mixed up with the wrong people. *sniff sniff* :sniff:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

they're making a fourth one. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Norrington was awesome, and I was sad to see his character go. Also Governor Swann, though I wasn't as attached to him as I was to Norrington. I am slightly looking forward to seeing the fourth one, but I'm not expecting very much as sequels tend to gradually get worse with some notable exceptions.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I have never seen Pirates of the Caribbean. How many movies is there now?
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

There's only 3 but a 4th is coming out soon.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

What's it called?
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It's called Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.... And it's going to be about Jack taking on Blackbeard. xD
Last edited by Termite on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:It's called Pirates of the Caribbean: On Strange Tides.... And it's going to be about Jack taking on Blackbeard. xD
It's actually On Stranger Tides. ;)

I've just seen the first one. The only part I really remember was when a pirate got a fork stuck in his eye. We had a good laugh at that. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

American Eagle wrote:
Termite wrote:It's called Pirates of the Caribbean: On Strange Tides.... And it's going to be about Jack taking on Blackbeard. xD
It's actually On Stranger Tides. ;)

I've just seen the first one. The only part I really remember was when a pirate got a fork stuck in his eye. We had a good laugh at that. \:D/
The fork gets stuck in his wooden eye, not his regular eye, for those who are really worried right now. ;) I like Ragetti. I thought it was fun how they used his wooden eye in Pirates 3!

I like it that lots of other people like Norrington too! He really was the one who got the worst deal in the movies. :( Doing the right thing didn't work out for him, and doing the wrong thing didn't work out for him, and returning to doing the right thing didn't help him either. You just have to feel bad for the poor guy.

I don't have high hopes for Pirates 4, but you never know. They're taking things in a different direction, with lots of different cast members, so I don't want to make judgments until I at least see a trailer.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah. It's just gonna be about Jack mainly (without the opressively spoiled Miss Swann and her dashingly stupid wannabe husband Mr Turner. >_>) so I'm pretty excitedto the point where I'm mildly interested...... Hopefully they'll film it in the vein that the first one was filmed in, so then it'd be great. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I didn't really enjoy the movies, but the soundtrack is awesome! \:D/

FriendlyFangirl88
Not as new

Post by FriendlyFangirl88 »

To the one who referenced ghosts being un-biblical because of "absent with the body, present with the lord" I've been wanting to ask this for a LONG time and now's a good a time as any...
What about the souls going to hell? Is there anything in the bible to imply that they go straight to hell? 'cause yeah, those bound for Heaven go straight to Heaven, do those going to hell have any such guarantee?

Anyway, PoTC is a fun series. (Orlando Bloom. Johnny Depp. Sword fights. You. Cannot. Get. More. Fun. ...for girls anyway.) I think the third one ended well enough so I'm hesitant about the fourth but...meh, oh well.
Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

*thread merged*

Can't wait for this movie! :D

-- Sun May 01, 2011 4:12 pm --

I've got a jar of dirt! :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I still haven't seen the third one. >_> This one looks a little better at least than the second one.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

And MUCH better than the third. >_< That one was... weird. =P

I'm excited. \:D/ "Captain Jack attack!"
Love you always, SnC
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

As long as Johnny Depp is in it i'm watching it 8)
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

I am soo excited about this movie!! I am just sad that Orlando Bloom isn't in it :( But atleast Johnny Depp is :)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I'm GLAD Orlando Bloom isn't in it. :x His and Elizabeth's characters drove me crazy. The entire complex web of weirdness that was strung in the second and third movies was waaay over the top and tiresome. If this was a Part 4, I wouldn't be excited for it in the least.

Thankfully, Disney realized that the only thing anyone really cared about is Jack Sparrow, so they got rid of most of the other characters and gave him a staring role in the new film. Jack Sparrow will make this movie sell, and they know this. Throw in Blackbeard and a few mermaids, and you've got a movie of EPIC proportions. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I saw the trailer for this AGAIN *in exciting proportions!* when I saw Disney's "Prom" last night. I giggled the whole way through the trailer. I'm excited! May 20th! :D It looks not only hilarious, but Johnny Depp!!!! :D And Penelope Cruz! I dont' know much about her, but by the looks of it, her and Depp got good skills together.

The fountain of Youth.... "Have you ever been to the FoY?" "Does this face look like it has been to the fountain of youth?" "In certain light..."

"How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"

Yeah. Blackbeard looks awesome!!! :D lol.