Leonard's Odyssey 72-hour Marathon Extravaganza!!!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Leonard's Odyssey 72-hour Marathon Extravaganza!!!

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

That's right everyone!!! The day is nearing very quickly to my 72-hour fundraiser! On July 5-8, from 9AM-9AM, I'll be listening to 286 straight episodes non-stop! That's 72 hours, 4 minutes, and 35 seconds! I'll be listening on my laptop in my room (Yes, I'll leave my room) to a playlist constructed of 286 of my favourite episodes, broken down into the categories: Missions, Action (subsections: Darkness before Dawn, Novacom, Other), Mystery, The Green Ring Conspiracy, Truth Chronicles, Darien's Rise, The Death Program, Bernard and Eugene's Road Trip, BTV, Comedy, Barclay Vacations, Pokenberry Falls, Camp, Straussberg Family Separation, and The Life and Times of John Avery Whittaker. Please keep in mind that these categories do mot include every episode that would fit in there, the episodes I've chosen are simply divided into said categories. For example: the "Truth Chronicles" category only has "Here Am I", "In My Image", and "Kidsboro", because those are my favourites there. I'll soon post a complete listing of all the episodes on my list. All proceeds will be split 50/50 between our Youth Group, and relief in Haiti through ERDO (Emergency Relief and Development Overseas), a non-profit organization that sends 100% of donations directly to countries in need.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLEDGE ME PER HOUR, OR AS A DEFINED AMOUNT, PLEASE MESSAGE ME BEFORE THE FUNDRAISER!!!
I'm asking for about 10 cents/hour. (If you would like to give more, feel free). Thank you for your kind donations.

-- Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:54 pm --

Sorry about the double post, but here's my Schedule:
Missions

A Mission for Jimmy
Missionary: Impossible
Go Ye Therefore

Action
(Darkness Before Dawn)

Waylaid In The Windy City, Parts 1-2
Tom for Mayor, Parts 1-2
A Name, Not A Number, Parts 1-2
Small Fires, Little Pools
Angels Unaware
Gathering Thunder
Moving Targets
Hard Losses
The Return
The Time Has Come
Checkmate
Another Chance
The Last Resort
The Final Conflict
Blackgaard’s Revenge, Parts 1-2

(Novacom)

Strange Boy In A Strange Land
Grand Opening, Parts 1-2
Secrets
Plan B, Part 1: Missing In Action
Plan B, Part 2: Collision Course
Plan B, Part 3: Crossfire
Plan B, Part 4: Resistance
Under the Influence, Parts 1-2
The Black Veil, Parts 1-2
Twisting Pathway
Sheep’s Clothing
Box of Miracles
The Unraveling
Exceptional Circumstances
Expect The Worst
Exactly As Planned
Exit
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow?, Parts 1-3
A Most Intriguing Question
A Most Surprising Answer
A Most Extraordinary Conclusion

(Others)

Prisoners Of Fear, Parts 1-3
The Top Floor, Parts 1-3
Castles and Cauldrons, Parts 1-2
The Cross of Cortes, Parts 1-2
The Search For Whit, Part 1-3

Mystery

Train Ride
The Case of the Secret Room, Parts 1-2
The Mysterious Stranger, Parts 1-2
The Perfect Witness, Parts 1-3
No Way Out
No Way In
The Other Side Of The Glass, Parts 1-3
The Mystery Of The Clock Tower, Parts 1-2
The Mystery At Tin Flat
The Case of the Disappearing Hortons
The Case of the Delinquent Disciples

The Green Ring Conspiracy

The Green Ring Conspiracy, Parts 1-12

Truth Chronicles

Here Am I
In My Image
Kidsboro, Parts 1-3

Passages: Darien’s Rise

Passages: Darien’s Rise, Parts 1-9

The Death Program

The Mortal Coil, Parts 1-2
Best Intentions

Bernard and Eugene’s Road Trip

First-Hand Experience
Second Thoughts
Third Degree
It Happened At Four Corners
Fifth House On The Left, Parts 1-2

BTV

I Want My BTV
BTV-Envy
BTV-Compassion
BTV-Thanks
BTV-Forgiveness
BTV-Obedience
BTV-Behind The Scenes
BTV-Redeeming The Season
BTV-Temptation

Comedy

The Trouble With Girls
Blind Justice
Poor Loser
New Years Eve Live!
The Devil Made Me Do It
The Y.A.K. Problem
I Slap Floor
Slumber Party
Broken Window
Do or Diet
Two Friends And A Truck
For Better Or For Worse, Parts 1-2
Back To Abnormal
A Christmas Conundrum
Odyssey Sings!
Blood, Sweat, And Fears
Mum’s The Word
Prequels Of Love
Wooton’s Broken Pencil Show
Fast As I Can

Barclay Vacations

Family Vacation, Parts 1-2
Our Best Vacation Ever
The Barclay Family Ski Vacation
Aloha Oy!, Parts 1-3

Pokenberry Falls

Our Daily Bread
Into Temptation
A Prayer For George Barclay
Making The Grade
Pet Peeves
George Under Pressure
A Call For Reverend Jimmy
Unto Us A Child Is Born
Preacher’s Kid
Pokenberry Falls, RFD, Parts 1-2
It’s A Pokenberry Christmas, Part 1-2

Camp

Camp What-A-Nut, Parts 1-2
Connie Goes To Camp, Parts 1-2
The Pact, Parts 1-2
The Champ of the Camp

Straussberg Family Separation

Now More Than Ever
Out Of Our Hands
The Family Next Door
Only By His Grace
Life, In The Third Person, Parts 1-2

The Life and Times of John Avery Whittaker

Thank You, God
Blackbeard’s Treasure
Rescue From Manatugo Point
Operation Digout
The Triangle, Parts 1-2
Silent Night
Recollections
Clara
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-06-11 at 2.45.29 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-06-11 at 2.45.29 PM.png (100.49 KiB) Viewed 4456 times
Last edited by Leonard Meltsner on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

so you're planning on staying awake and listening to odyssey episodes for 72 straight hours? impressive
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I will be CHEERING AND CHEERING for you NONSTOP Leonerd! I'd pledge but i'm broke :( GOOD LUCK! This will be awesome! It's awesome how your doing this for Haiti and your Youth Group! Especially since my little brother and sister are from Haiti ;) Again GOOD LUCK and have an awesome 3 days!!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Wow that's a long time to be listening to Odyssey. I am unable to pledge anything, but will pray for you to be able to complete your mission. I know a family of 12 children, 7 adopted and a few are from Haiti, your efforts are going to good cause. Good luck!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Thanks, I definitely won't be easy, that's for sure. I realized today that I'd probably hold the world record for longest consecutive time listening to Odyssey! AE told me on FB that I should call Guiness. I think that they'd have to have someone watching me the whole time though...

I looked, and it turns out that I can't do a Guiness World Record. This would meet all of the specifications, but one. For charity events, they only measure amount of money raised, not type of activity. Oh well...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

You still will make a record for listening the longest without stopping to Odyssey, or any other radio drama for that matter. You may even get in the next Official Guide to AIO! :D

I applaud your remarkeable deed! \:D/ This will help many people and you'll have fun doing it too! Make sure to tell us how it goes!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

By the way, tax receipts are available for Canadians!

-- Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:41 pm --

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194606437258641

Keep up with us now on Facebook!!!

-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:31 am --

Exciting news!! I am going to be probably interviewed in our local paper this coming week about the fundraiser, and a letter is going out to the PAOC asking their churches to pledge money. If each church sends 5$, that'll bring in over 5000$ for the fundraiser!!!
Last edited by Leonard Meltsner on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

So when do you plan to tell the ToOers about your awesome article?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I'm glad you asked, Regis!

http://www.bclocalnews.com%2Fkootenay_rockies%2Fcastlegarnews%2Fcommunity%2F124737989.html&h=61728

Here's the article!!! (Just to clarify, I said that I was one of the biggest Odyssey trivia buffs, and cited different trivia contests like the Ultimate Odyssey Trivia IQ Contest and the 5 Days of Odyssey. They took the quote out of context)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I'm glad I asked too.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The link does not appear to be working...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Thats cool... congratulations, Leonard Meltsner!!! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

“I’m widely known as possibly the biggest Odyssey trivia buff,” he said.
Hahaha, that sounds so gaudy. :lol:

Love it, love it! Great article! =D>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

That's not exactly what I said!!
Leonard Meltsner wrote:(Just to clarify, I said that I was one of the biggest Odyssey trivia buffs, and cited different trivia contests like the Ultimate Odyssey Trivia IQ Contest and the 5 Days of Odyssey. They took the quote out of context)
Last edited by Leonard Meltsner on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Indeed. ;)

I just got an email about you, Devon. \:D/ I get alerted by Google any time "Adventures in Odyssey" is mentioned in a news article...

he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

wow...I don't know if i could do that! Good luck! Don't get sick of AIO, and don't get sick from that lack of sleep!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

American Eagle wrote:Indeed. ;)

I just got an email about you, Devon. \:D/ I get alerted by Google any time "Adventures in Odyssey" is mentioned in a news article...

That is SO COOL!!! Thanks for sharing that! I saw your comment on the page.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Uh wow... have fun. And you look strangely like a friend of mine. Weird.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Maybe I know you in real life....