NaNoWriMo

Who's on board for this year?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Ah I think I understand a bit better now. I thought that it was 50,000 words after editing.

\:D/
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

If I edited my NaNo novels, there wouldn't be any words left when I finished. :(
don't forget the rain.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I would have the last sentence only :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I couldn’t do this then. I edit while I write.
Especially for the book you get made. Why would you want rubbish published?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

This is called the month you write it =P Then they remind you not even Dickens wrote a novel in a month. The whole next month is edit month \:D/ Winners get a discount on professional editing from some site :yes:

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You mean you can postpone your printing?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It said something about how long you have, and it is until December. . .and besides, it's not like you can go into business with a few copies ;P

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, good then.
Gaius wrote:Winners get a discount on professional editing from some site :yes:
‘Professional’ editing? Can’t people just learn grammar? I’m my own editor. :noway:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeeeah. Professional editors wouldn't like my style anyway. :P

And yeah. I think I checked my account a couple months after I won last year as it was still valid. :-k Not too sure, since my story wasn't even finished. xP

WRITER'S BLOCK. ish. xP
Last edited by Termite on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

I've thought of trying this, but it seems like it would be better to do it during the summer, rather than when your in school. :yes:
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Honestly, whether it's summer or not won't make much of a difference. :P Whether it's a time of extreme business or extreme laziness, it takes the same self-discipline to make time for what's important to you. And NaNo makes things substantially better, I'd say.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Yeah, but if I don't have any homework assignments to work on I will feel like I can spend more time on recreational writing.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Amethystic wrote:Honestly, whether it's summer or not won't make much of a difference. :P
Yes it would. :-s
I barely have time for my required school work this term, there is absolutely no way I could write thousands of extra words a day.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Well then maybe it's just me. More often than not my usual writing quota is skimpy, whether it's summer or the middle of school year, so even though November is consistently one of my busiest months I still make room for NaNo, because I know it's one of the few times I'll be motivated to write lots.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Yeah, I tend to be kind of lazy sometimes, but I usually do more writing in the summer because I feel kind of guilty about it during the school year. But, it does depend, I had several days this summer when I was in a writing mood and I got a steady 1000 words a day or more written. But since then I haven't done hardly anything.
AMDG

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Amethystic wrote:Well then maybe it's just me. More often than not my usual writing quota is skimpy, whether it's summer or the middle of school year, so even though November is consistently one of my busiest months I still make room for NaNo, because I know it's one of the few times I'll be motivated to write lots.
I concur \:D/

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah. Also good motivation to get work done so one has the time to write. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm does not strike me as much of a writer \:D/

Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

bookworm wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Honestly, whether it's summer or not won't make much of a difference. :P
Yes it would. :-s
I barely have time for my required school work this term, there is absolutely no way I could write thousands of extra words a day.
I'm a sophomore in college and work a few hours under full time and I still find time in the wee hours of the night to bash out a few thousand words.

There's time in the day for a lot more things than we'd think. It's all in the time management. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Stubborn wrote:There's time in the day for a lot more things than we'd think. It's all in the time management. \:D/
I’m excellent at time management (not to brag, I just am) and last week I didn’t get my JavaScript lab done until literally hours before it was due. This term is just more time consuming than usual. It’s not about time management, it’s about the time there is in a day. There is really no extra time for me to do something like that right now. Unless I don’t sleep or something of course. And I’m sure that wouldn’t be recommended as I already don’t get as much sleep as I should.

I understand the claim that you can make time for anything if you really want to, and I agree with it. For the most part.
For example, last term I had quite a full schedule but I could have made time for something like this if I had chosen to. But this term, at least these past few weeks, I couldn’t. The best time management skills in the world can’t put hours back into the day.