Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

NarniaFans.com recently announced the details of the Christian music soundtrack to be released on September 27. :o

EMI CMG will release two soundtracks of songs inspired by one of the year's most anticipated films, a live action adaptation of the best-selling C.S. Lewis classic, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. The projects are being produced through a partnership between EMI CMG's parent company, EMI Music, and the film's producers, Walt Disney Studios and Walden Media, according to a joint press release.

The film will be released worldwide on Dec. 9. The first project, a soundtrack of original songs inspired by the film featuring Christian artists is scheduled to be released on Sept. 27. The artists who will be participating on this album include:

· Steven Curtis Chapman
· tobyMac
· Nichole Nordeman
· Jars of Clay
· newsboys
· Jeremy Camp
· Rebecca St. James
· Chris Tomlin
· Delirious?
· Bethany Dillon
· David Crowder Band

You can read more details here.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds like a really cool CD! It's great that so many Christian music artists will get to be a part of it! I hope that the songs have a level of Christian content that will be able to be marketed to the mainstream audience - this could be a great opportunity to reach non-Christians!

I'm looking forward to this release! I don't buy tons of CDs (because I already have all of Michael W. Smith's CDs ;) ) but I will buy this one!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Courtesy of NarniaWeb:

The first Narnia Movie Poster has been released and is composed of concept art from the film.

(Click on image for high-res version)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Sweet! Can't wait for the movie.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i really wanted to listen to it on the radio, but i missed it, and i just keep forgetting!!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

dancer02248 wrote:i really wanted to listen to it on the radio, but i missed it, and i just keep forgetting!!
CHRI 99.1 FM airs Narnia every weekday at 11:30AM Eastern.

It also airs on AM 630 KCIS every weekday at 10:30PM Pacific. Click here to listen live.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

Thanks Trent....so how is it...is it anything compared to AIO?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

dancer02248 wrote:Thanks Trent....so how is it...is it anything compared to AIO?
Well, it's produced by Focus on the Family's Radio Theatre, the same production team that did the Father Gilbert series.

This summer, they're airing the complete series across the US and Canada. For full details, check out EnterNarnia.com.
Jeffro
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Jeffro »

(I didn't read through this whole thread, but I will say this anyway)

Chronicles of Narnia is one of the best series that I have ever read. I really like the fun adventures that they have in the books. I espically like the one where they go through the tunnel through different houses (What is it's name). Actually, I havn't read all of them, but I assume they are all as good as the first three. :^o
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jeffro wrote:(I didn't read through this whole thread, but I will say this anyway)

Chronicles of Narnia is one of the best series that I have ever read. I really like the fun adventures that they have in the books. I espically like the one where they go through the tunnel through different houses (What is it's name). Actually, I havn't read all of them, but I assume they are all as good as the first three. :^o
It's the Magicians Nephew. You really should read them all. Some of them are even better than the first ones.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

The White Witch dosen't drive polar bears. She drives Reindeer.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Interesting story behind that change. New Zealand wouldn't let the film makers import reindeer. Wolves were okay, but no Reindeer. They used some ridiculous excuese (sp?), but to make a long story short, real reindeer weren't going to happen.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

NarniaWeb recently posted an interview with Tilda Swinton. The following is an excerpt from the article, which you can read in its entirety here.

June 2005 Interview: Tilda Swinton
Embracing the chaos

The acclaimed Nairn-based actress TILDA SWINTON talks to the Arts Journal about her unconventional film career, from her early ground-breaking association with Derek Jarman through to her role in the the forthcoming adaptation of C. S. Lewis’s ’Chronicles of Narnia’

ARTS JOURNAL: Tilda, you have been filming in New Zealand on a new version of C. S. Lewis’s much-loved ’Chronicles of Narnia’ - was that a book that played a part in your own childhood?

TILDA SWINTON: Do you know, it seems to me the world is divided between those who know that book really well and those who don’t, and I had just never read it. I don’t know how that happened. I was aware that it is a kind of talisman for so many people, but I only read it when they asked me to do the film, so I came to it completely fresh at that point.

AJ: That is interesting in itself, coming at it with no real preconceptions?

TS: It is. I’m in the business of reading stories to people these days, and my fairy story literacy at the moment is pretty high. It would probably have been on the list for the twins a bit later, and was maybe a little early for them at this stage, but I read it to them anyway and it passed the test!

AJ: You play the wicked White Witch?

TS: I do, and of course she is the epitome of all evil. The White Witch is not even a human - she is the essence of all evil. It is quite a task to think about what is really incomprehensible to small children, and it occurred to me that what they find most difficult is not anger, because children get angry all the time - it is coldness. We built it around that idea, really. She creates coldness everywhere, a kind of perennial winter, and that was the starting point and also the ending point of my work.

AJ: That isn’t an obvious point of connection with your own work, is it?

TS: It was really interesting to me that when we started to talk about this he made it very clear that what he wanted to look at was the reality of the story, and I think people will be interested to see how this first Narnia film is much ’realer’ than effects films like ’The Lord of the Rings’ have been. You will get a lot of real people in real heads being real monsters, rather than the kind of scaling up of a set of extras to repeat as a huge crowd, as in ’Lord of the Rings’. In that sense I suppose this film is lower-fi, and it was interesting that he of all people was interested in making it real again, having pioneered so much in the effects world. There are only six human characters, but there is relatively little in the way of computer generated effects. That is interesting, because there is so much of that around now that I wonder how children will react to it.

AJ: One thing it has in common with ’The Lord of the Rings’ is shooting in New Zealand - how did it work out as a location?

TS: It has this fantastic landscape, and it is perfect for Narnia. It was quite extraordinarily apt for us - I suspect people may assume some of the landscapes are actually computer generated images, but that isn’t the case. It looks a bit like a mythical Scotland, actually, and it is quite an extraordinary place. Andrew is a Kiwi himself, and for sure it must have made financial sense, but it was a wonderful place to go and work.

For me the film-making is everything. To be part of the team and to know which way the whole ship is sailing is crucial for me.

© Kenny Mathieson, 2005

This story was originally published at HI-Arts Journal
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

hi, I love the Chronicles of Narnia books and can't wait for the movie. I like how they put more things into it, like the river scene and stuff like that. it shows Peter interacting with his sisters more than in the book.

ImageImageImageImage
katrinameltzner
I've been here a bit

Post by katrinameltzner »

I also am a big fan of the Chronicles of Narnia. I have the entire set of books, and have read them dozens of times. I also have the entire set of the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre cds. They are really cool. I think they did a great job of dramatizing them.
The movie sounds really amazing. Can't wait to see it!

My fav book out of the series is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Intentions are good;
Committment is necessary;
But in order to move forward,
Actions are required.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw a trailer for the movie last Wednesday, and it looked pretty good. The White Witch wasn't in it, but I liked the look of the kids. Unfortunately, a lot of the trailer was just quick flashes of scenes, and it was hard to see details of a bunch of stuff. It looked good, though, and the shot of Aslan that they showed looked great! I wish we didn't have to wait so long for the movie to come out. :(
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Would that be the same one as [url=mms://media.vitalstream.com/bvbp_sitestream_com/LionWitchWardrobe/Narnia_LWR_Trailer1_87d2_0300.wmv?media=1914065&package=1839287&event=0]this[/url] trailer?

EDIT: Wait. That has the White Witch in it. Plus the shot with Aslan isn't very impressive. :-k
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I probably said this before but I'm really hoping the CG for Aslan doesn't look so fakey as some stuff does in other movies. I am SO excited for this movie. I think we should all make sure it has the BEST opening weekend and run for any movie for all time. Wouldn't that rock?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It would. \:D/

The Voice of Aslan at last?

"Moriarty" from Ain’t It Cool News has posted an anonymous email they received:

"It was reported earlier that Brian Cox was going to be the voice of Aslan in the new Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe film. But not anymore, Cox never even recorded a line of dialogue and instead they brought in another actor for the role of the Christ/Lion......

Liam Neeson will be the voice of Aslan. Hes recorded his dialogue and the animation is proceeding nicely.

I swear every bit of this is true, but the only proof I have is my word....I understand if you take it with a grain of salt.

"If you use this call me Toxicboy."

NarniaWeb received this rumor via Spy Report back on July 5th, but waited to post it until we had further confirmation. Even still, it’s early days, so take this news with a grain of salt until we get official confirmation from the production.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

It is going to be SO good! \:D/