Texting

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:In my current pay period, between the 12th of July and now (Aug 1st) (so what's that, 15 days?), I have sent/received 4351 text messages.

My personal best is 7200ish in a month.

very nice :D
Last edited by Helovesus on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:In my current pay period, between the 12th of July and now (Aug 1st) (so what's that, 15 days?), I have sent/received 4351 text messages.

NICE! \:D/
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Yanny wrote:

NICE! \:D/
:thud: Wow. What do you do for a living again?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

personally i have 3 jobs...and yes i text a lot
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
Josiah
Tallying up

Post by Josiah »

I text on my Mum's phone! Not a lot though. My sister used up $200 dollars worth of credit in 1 week!!!! :noway:
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Josiah wrote:I text on my Mum's phone! Not a lot though. My sister used up $200 dollars worth of credit in 1 week!!!! :noway:
Yeah if I'm out with my mom or sis and there driving sometimes I'll text on there phone \:D/
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Josiah
Tallying up

Post by Josiah »

Is it fun? O:)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

$200 in ONE WEEK? Oh wow! I cannot imagine spending that much money on a phone bill for an entire year! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Josiah
Tallying up

Post by Josiah »

Yeah, she's a crazy texter! \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Now I don't feel bad about my 1500 in my last pay period. I thought I didn't text that much. ;)
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Josiah wrote:Is it fun? O:)
Yeah, I love texting. *Dreamy Sigh.........* \:D/ But $200 a month?!?!?!? WRONG! :shame: #-o ](*,) :noway:
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Josiah
Tallying up

Post by Josiah »

lol! Yeah, now she bought $300 dollars worth of text, credit stuff. I hope she doesn't waste all of that too! :noway: :shame:
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Josiah wrote:lol! Yeah, now she bought $300 dollars worth of text, credit stuff. I hope she doesn't waste all of that too! :noway: :shame:
Couldn't she just get like a plan for 25$ a month with unlimited texting? That seems more logical than spending 300$ on credit.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Uh, yeah. I don't even text that much and I have unlimited. It may cost a bit more but it's worth it. :anxious:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Josiah
Tallying up

Post by Josiah »

I have no idea, I'm not an expert on credit plans/deals. And I don't wan to be. :doubt:
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I have a pay as you go phone. :( You buy like 300 minutes, then use them until you run out. I mostly text, because it uses less minutes, and it's just easier.
Josiah
Tallying up

Post by Josiah »

Cool, My sister should get one of those plans....... :lol:
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Anna><> wrote:
Josiah wrote:lol! Yeah, now she bought $300 dollars worth of text, credit stuff. I hope she doesn't waste all of that too! :noway: :shame:
Couldn't she just get like a plan for 25$ a month with unlimited texting? That seems more logical than spending 300$ on credit.
Yeah really, I won't spend $300 dollars on credits! ](*,) #-o :shame: :noway:
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I have a plan where you pay as you go but it's unlimited texting. A dollar a day and some odd cents for every call.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

American Eagle wrote:$200 in ONE WEEK? Oh wow! I cannot imagine spending that much money on a phone bill for an entire year! \:D/
An entire year? Urgh... that would be one cheap phone - sucky reception. Oh, AT&T???? (actually... yeah, probably! Except they are expensive... my best friend has them. She never seems to have minutes, and can only text. Which in my mind, sucks, cause... I can't text (I also live in a no-cell service area))

My dad has to pay... okay, so, I don't know how much, but if he doesn't want to pay $20 per phone to get unlimited texting (at the moment we got no texting), then we're paying something for the three phones and 700 minutes we never use up in a month.

To have a good phone, it's going to cost more than $200 in a year... one week is bad, which is why when you look at it, getting unlimited for the month for $20 or $30 (sometimes more, I don't know much past my own endeavors of a cell phone) is the better deal. But yeah, you have to justify which way is better. Unlimited for how much you text, or some small fee for a few hundred texts.

Since my sister and I can't justify the $40 my dad would pay for unlimited texting... we haven't gotten it. We'd have to do at least 200 texts each and that doesn't include the text back. (which is why the 300 texts for $5 deal is worthless. In essence, you get 150 texts... in regards to the one your texting and if they text back. And that is for the whole month!)

I just find texting to be a waste of time at times... And people who have to be connected 24/7. My sister is like that with her music. All vacation she had her headphones in. I left my iPod in the trailer most times...