Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

That's more of a social study, you would have to check out the people on the ToO that actively interact with one another and put them into groups, then look at who they're voting for and how the vote is being split between those groups to see if either teams vote numbers are being lowered by a certain demographic making one decision whereas if the team they decided on weren't running they would've voted for the other team.

Also, how are you getting the likability value? I mean can you determine that without being biased?
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Catspaw, why are there parallel universes in the land of Odyssey?
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

EK wrote:That's more of a social study, you would have to check out the people on the ToO that actively interact with one another and put them into groups, then look at who they're voting for and how the vote is being split between those groups to see if either teams vote numbers are being lowered by a certain demographic making one decision whereas if the team they decided on weren't running they would've voted for the other team.

Also, how are you getting the likability value? I mean can you determine that without being biased?
The social study could pose as a problem but the likability I have derived from how I see their interactions with. Granted it is bias because naturally all humans are bias :(

Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Who care guys? I am just picking on Catspaw. Then again, with sore teeth, that might be a bad idea. Oh well.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:Then bookworm must have been referring to a later date, since he clearly references it no longer being updated...therefore not including any times that it was updated.
That is correct. As far as I see it only goes to Term 14, so I believe it’s been over a year.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Catspaw, have you visited Lee's Auction Alley yet?

\:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

SoccerLOTR wrote:Are you proud of yourself for having done 224 pages of questions now? Have you had to repeat a bunch of answers, or have people been good about giving you different questions?
No, I'm not proud of myself, since it's just an accumulation of lots of people's posts, just like any other thread on the ToO. :D Yes, I have had to repeat a bunch of answers - some questions come up quite regularly. But that's okay - some questions come up again, and there are way too many pages for somebody to wade through to find the answer.
montywhittakerIII wrote:Catspaw, why are there parallel universes in the land of Odyssey?
It's a secret. :-$ I wish I could tell you. :(
iluvsns wrote:Catspaw, have you visited Lee's Auction Alley yet?
I've seen the thread, since I browse through most threads on the ToO, including Crestwood, but I don't bid on stuff very often. I remember seeing some pretty stuff in your thread, though. :D
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

What to you think of catnip Catspaw?
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Catspaw, I've always wondered:

How was the ToO first created? Who created it?
Last edited by Scion's Light on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Do you like to bear some cares, Miss Care Bear Admin? \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Scion's Light wrote:How was the ToO first created? Who created it?
It's good to see people interested in our history. :D
Regis Blackbeard wrote:The ToO has roots going back about a decade. The forum "The Town Hall" (or "the TH" for short) was originally an HTML/text-based forum, created in the late 1990s. In late November 2002, it opened as a basic phpBB forum with the intent of fostering discussions regarding Adventures in Odyssey and other normal topics.

By late 2004/early 2005, the board had gotten a little heated, with debates and unpopular decisions by the administrators. This led to somewhat poor relations between the members and the leadership. In February 2005 Shadowpaw (Corey), one of the TH's administrators, contacted several prominent members with the intent of creating a new board. The project took shape quickly, and under the utmost secrecy. At the same time Shadowpaw and the members dropped hints that something new was coming.

All this hype led up to an opening amid much fanfare on April 1st, 2005. The board was wildly successful, with 1500 posts made in just that first day. On August 2, 2009, the board was taken down for a day to switch from phpBB2 to phpBB3. The switch took place after a few months of planning and testing by EK and Darcie, along with suggestions from other users.
That’s a basic synopsis.
Catspaw can add to it if she wants. :)
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Is there a more detailed history available that also includes the early terms? :anxious:
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Joanne wrote:What to you think of catnip Catspaw?
I think that I only want it if it drives cats away. Our cat is crazy sometimes! :mad: But we never have catnip, so I guess I can't blame it. Why - are you trying to bribe me? ;)
Whitty Whit wrote:Do you like to bear some cares, Miss Care Bear Admin? \:D/
No, that's why I have the Care Bear. That way I don't have to bear any cares! O:)
Scion's Light wrote:Is there a more detailed history available that also includes the early terms? :anxious:
Thanks for sharing that background info, bookworm. :D The only thing I have to add is... Shadowpaw! :inlove: *dreamy sigh* Then I think it's all accurate. ;)

As for previous terms, the Hall of Power subforum of City Hall will be very informative! Click here. It lists most of the past terms (all of the older ones) and has a little info about each term. Does that cover what you were looking for? If you have a more specific question, ask away!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Catspaw wrote:
iluvsns wrote:Catspaw, have you visited Lee's Auction Alley yet?
I've seen the thread, since I browse through most threads on the ToO, including Crestwood, but I don't bid on stuff very often. I remember seeing some pretty stuff in your thread, though. :D
Thanks! :D Nice of you to say. :yes:

\:D/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Catspaw, I have two questions.

1. What is the main factor responsible for the moral decline of character in the American and Canadian people today?

2. Are you going to join the Million Dollar Money Drop contest?
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

montywhittakerIII wrote:Catspaw, I have two questions.

1. What is the main factor responsible for the moral decline of character in the American and Canadian people today?

2. Are you going to join the Million Dollar Money Drop contest?
1. The sad fact that a large part of both populations are not members of the ToO. :( Either that or it's connected to that sin thing I hear about sometimes...I'm not quite sure.

2. No, but I hope that the people who do join have a lot of fun!
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Why are so many of the people that made up the past teams no longer on the ToO? I know a few of them still are, but most of them aren't it seems.
ImageImageImage

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Just wondering, but why was it $9,500 this election to start an official team, instead of the $8,500 last election? \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Scion's Light wrote:Why are so many of the people that made up the past teams no longer on the ToO? I know a few of them still are, but most of them aren't it seems.
People move on with their lives, sadly. :( Some people were around for years and slowly drifted away, and others were around for less time, but basically, there are few members who have been regularly active on the ToO for its whole lifespan, so of course a lot of the past admins have only been around for a portion of the time. People get older and find other things they need to spend more time with - school, jobs, life, whatever. Only a few of us are lucky/lame/whatever enough to still have the time and interest for the ToO. ;)
Whitty Whit wrote:Just wondering, but why was it $9,500 this election to start an official team, instead of the $8,500 last election? \:D/
The fee always goes up. People have had 4 months to make more money, so the fee rises to take care of that extra money that people have collected. :D
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Is there a fast way to learn how many different people have posted in the last so-many days?

-- 05.02.2011 10:05 --

What happens if no one can fulfill the fee for running in an election?