AIO Live Show in Colorado Springs

Aug 16, 2008

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will you go to the live show recording?

Yes
24%
Probably, there's a good chance
4%
Maybe, there's an ok chance
7%
Probably not, but there's a longshot chance
26%
No
39%

Total votes: 72

oy_mate
Tallying up

Post by oy_mate »

sigh, the thought of missing out on this is depressing. I had forgotten all about it. And umm...I had entered the contest from CBD (I think that's who had it) but of course I knew I couldn't count on that, knowing my luck with contests!!!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

All this talk of proposals reminds me of "Love is in the Air"... perhaps by August 16 I'll already be taken.

It is, after all, two weeks away... and a lot can happen between now and then! ;o)
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

I really want to come so bad it would have been one of the funnest things ever. :( :sniff: :( But I had a good summer anyway.
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Corey wrote:... perhaps by August 16 I'll already be taken.
That would take a lot of pressure off of the situation. ;-)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

But by whom?! That is the nagging question! :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
But by whom?! That is the nagging question! :noway:
That's a very personal nagging question. :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The public deserves to know! :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Trent DeWhite wrote:The public deserves to know! :noway:
Well, don't you want to know my relationship status? Corey, Corey, Corey... :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm not interested in your fantasies! :x

;)
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm not interested in your fantasies! :x

;)
:dumb: You are so mean! You'll be sorry next week. Next week!!!!!!!!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Fortunately with the advent of Facebook, we already know everyone's relationships status.

Even the made up ones... right Trent?
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

But sometimes the made up ones can be so plausible... \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Corey wrote:Fortunately with the advent of Facebook, we already know everyone's relationships status.

Oh look! I think we're getting off topic. :-
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Corey wrote:Fortunately with the advent of Facebook, we already know everyone's relationships status.

Mine is a made up one. :noway:
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I really really want to go but I can't... :mope:
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

epic123 wrote:I really really want to go but I can't... :mope:
Same here. ](*,)
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Aioman wrote:
epic123 wrote:I really really want to go but I can't... :mope:
Same here. ](*,)
Agreed... I start school that Monday... I couldn't go even if I was able to... blah registration!
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

I noticed they updated the info again at www.WhitsEnd.org/Live, here's what it says now...
www.WhitsEnd.org/Live wrote: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which Adventures in Odyssey actors will be performing?
A: Currently, we have ten actors confirmed for the Birthday Bash. They include Chris Anthony (voice of host “Chris”), Katie Leigh (“Connie Kendall”), Will Ryan (“Eugene Meltsner,” “Harlow Doyle”), Dave Madden (“Bernard Walton”), Jess Harnell (“Wooton Bassett”), Aria Curzon (“Mandy”), David Griffin (“Jimmy Barclay”), Sage Bolte (“Robyn Jacobs”), Donald Long (“Jack Davis”) and Genni Long (“Lucy Cunningham-Schultz”). Please note that the actors’ plans are subject to change.

Q: Will Adventures in Odyssey writers and producers be at this event?
A: You can expect many past and present Odyssey staff members to attend the show, and they’d love to meet you! Chuck Bolte—the show’s former Executive Producer and voice of “George Barclay”—will be serving as emcee.

Q: Can I order seats for the Odyssey live show online? Or via mail?
A: No, the only way to register for seats is by calling Focus on the Family (see page 1).

Q: Can I purchase tickets at the event on August 16?
A: To guarantee seats at the event, it’s best to purchase them in-advance (see page 1). We expect a limited number of seats to still be available at the event; these will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis (credit cards and checks will be accepted as payment.).
The registration table at Focus on the Family’s main entrance will be open 9-10:30am and 1-3pm on Saturday, August 16.

Q: What will I receive as my proof-of-purchase for our seats at the event?
A: The family or group leader who purchases your seats will receive a receipt in the mail as your event confirmation.

When you arrive at the event, we will have a Check-In Table where your family or group leader should come. Your group leader’s name must be on the list to receive wristbands (your “tickets” to enter the event), and we will require the leader to show an official ID.

Q: What time on Saturday should I come to get my group’s wristbands?
A: The main entrance of Focus on the Family will open at 9am on August 16. Groups registered for the 10:30am Live Show will be able to get their wristbands at 9am.
If your group is registered for the 3pm Live Show, the main entrance check-in will be open at 1pm. (Wristbands for the 3pm Live Show will not be available at 9am.)

Q: Will there be assigned seating at the show?
A: No. Guests will need to wait before entering the show, then take the available seats once the doors open. The doors (to the performance venue) will open 30 minutes before show time.

Q: What about my children younger than 5?
A: This live event will be a blast for kids old enough to enjoy the Adventures in Odyssey audio series—usually that’s 5, 6, or 7 years old and up. This live event will feature actors behind microphones performing the script, not a stage show. Kids under the age of five are welcome, but the show is geared for older children.
While the older kids (and a parent) attend the show, your family may choose to have mom or dad join the youngest children and go to Focus on the Family’s free kids area. This playground and discovery area, called Whit’s End, has activities for even the youngest kids. No children may be left unattended at Whit’s End; a parent or guardian must be with a child at all times.

Q: What about my child age 2 or younger, can he/she sit on my lap during the show?
A: Yes, a child age 2 or younger may sit on a parent’s lap. Please note that these shows will be recorded for later radio broadcasts—we want audience members to be a part, but not making noise unnecessarily.
A parent may only have one child on their lap during the show. Children ages 3 and up must have a wristband to attend the show.

Q: Will both shows be the same presentation?
A: Yes. The same audio drama will be performed in both shows. We encourage groups to attend only one show due to our space limitations.

Q: If I order a wristband/ticket for one show, will that get me into the other show too?
A: No. There will be different wristbands for each show. To attend both shows, your family or group would need to order seats for each one.

Q: What if I need to cancel my order?
A: Please call us at 1-800-A-FAMILY. If you cancel your order on or before July 25th, you will receive 50% refund on your purchase. We cannot process refunds after July 25th.

Q: Will the actors have time to autograph Adventures in Odyssey products?
A: Yes. We are planning an Autograph Session with the actors after each of the shows. A wide variety of Adventures in Odyssey products will be available for sale at the event.

Q: What if I’ve pre-ordered my copy of The Official Guide or another Adventures in Odyssey product and it hasn’t come in the mail yet—and we’re heading to the event?
A: We encourage families to purchase products on-site on August 16, unless you are certain your product order will arrive before you leave for the event. Since Adventures in Odyssey: The Official Guide will release in August 2008, the best way to ensure you will have it for the event is to purchase it on-site at Focus on the Family.

Q: Where should my family stay?
A: The two nearest hotels are the Hilton Garden Inn* and Homewood Suites*. Be sure to mention you are coming for a Focus on the Family event, they may be able to provide you a small discount. Other nearby hotels include Howard Johnson* and Hampton Inn*.

Q: What else is there to do in Colorado Springs?
A: Please click here* to view the Virtual Visitors Guide provided by the Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau. You may also be interested in a listing of Local Places of Worship*, provided by the local newspaper.

Q: What story will the actors be performing?
A: A new episode of Adventures in Odyssey is being written especially for this live show! This episode will be performed live and will likely air on the radio—and released on CD—at a future date. Come and be part of this exciting opportunity!

*(Note: Referrals to Web sites not produced by Focus on the Family are for informational purposes only and do not necessarily constitute an endorsement of the sites' content.)

The information in this document was last updated August 8, 2008
One week away!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Less than a week now! \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I'm very jealous. I'd better see posted pictures...
I do what I do.