The Amazing Drawing Adventure [Actual Thread]

soon with 100% more actual content?!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Select a Player-Character.

Poll ended at Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:04 pm

M, Combatant
No votes
F, Combatant
No votes
M, Agent
35%
F, Agent
24%
M, Scientist
24%
F, Scientist
18%

Total votes: 17

Sonuna
ion cannon ready

The Amazing Drawing Adventure [Actual Thread]

Post by Sonuna »

For those who haven't seen it: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=20933
I suspect we shall be using mostly method 1/1b, voting, at least for a bit; we might switch over to rotation or something later.

Before this actually gets properly started, though, I would like to first attempt character creation procedure of a simple nature! Largely because I apparently just cannot write anything without having a main character who has stats of some sort.

These choices, then, are twofold:

1. Male/Female
2. Basic Specialty

I imagine that reading my poorly-written class descriptions is entirely unnecessary, and you could just vote at the top if you want and skip these entirely.

Image Combatant
The philosophy here is centered primarily around 'seeing something undesirable and finding ways to hit it until it stops being undesirable'. However, being a Combatant is still fairly generic, and as such includes a bunch of nonlethal weapon specialties; for the start of the Amazing Drawing Adventure it would probably be limited to bare-handed/improvised fighting, and would open up a lot later on.

Image Agent
A specialty based around two basic concepts: a) stealth, b) conning people into doing things for you. Highly dextrous, good with lockpicks and okay with limited numbers of projectile weapons, and reasonably charismatic/diplomatic. Probably the specialty which would start off with the most options.

Image Scientist
Pretty self-explanatory. Highly intelligent, although not necessarily possessed of the most common sense of any specialization. Finding a good source or eight of equipment to do Science! is pretty vital, although some limited MacGyvering would probably help matters earlier on. Think more along the lines of 'good-aligned Mad Scientist' than 'realism' here.

Well, 'don't think realism' goes for a lot of the Adventure as it is presently in my mind.
So, uh, vote and I shall begin the story proper after people have gotten their snacks and taken their seats figuratively?
...I hope this poll will take long enough.

also I feel a disclaimer is necessary: yes, I am ranked as 'heavily inspired, at the very least, by anime artwork' so if you take offense at that, which some people seem to, sorry
Last edited by Sonuna on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay go female scientist! \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I selected the male scientist because I'm a sucker for MacGyver. I almost did pick the secret agent, though.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Female scientist - for great justice, hey.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Male agent because...um...it's cooler than the rest. :yes:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I voted for the male scientist. It sounds like it could be very interesting.
I do what I do.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Female agent, please. *puts on sunglasses*
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Jenari Redev wrote:Female agent, please. *puts on sunglasses*
Ditto! \:D/
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Male agent, FTW!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Right, Male Agent!

(...good thing, too. I was sort of using him as my 'default' for what absolutely insignificant amounts of planning I did.)

First drawing-update will be... in a while. Er. I haven't really done enough tests to figure a reasonable update schedule, but presumably before the end of the week. Or possibly Thursday.
No matter what schedule I settle on, it will probably speed up considerably once there's enough practice for it.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Looks like the voting was a success. I look forward to the adventures of the male agent! Btw, Sonuna, I liked the way you set up the thread with the three icons.

(For the curious, I voted female scientist.)
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Apparently factors are conspiring to keep me from finishing anything for this thread; Drawing II is much tougher than I imagined, job schedule keeps changing, and Opencanvas keeps having some sort of crawling plague which causes it to crash.
Often.
Commonly as I'm putting the finishing touches on something I've been working on for some time, and haven't saved recently.
...Ultimately, I might just resort to having this be less image-heavy than originally planned, just to get story posts done in a reasonable timeframe.
Yeah, lol excuses. First actual post is coming. Soon. Even if four days after my original estimate...

Edit:
SO I DECIDED TO START THIS AGAIN
or well try to

Mostly this is a statement of intent, so that anyone who cares sufficiently can start bothering me if nothing gets posted within a few days' time. lol, perfectionism.

...Well, I'm also using CS3 again, which should help that whole 'stability' thing.

Posts combined. ~ Pseudonym
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I look forward to the results of this! :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.