Coraline

It's got everything.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Robo
A great mapmaker

Coraline

Post by Robo »

I want to see Coraline. How 'bout you? It's seems like it's got everything. Directed by Henry Selick, Music by They Might Be Giants, Stop-Motion, Based off a great book, it's in 3D; what more could you want? I plan to see it today and when I do I'll post my thoughts. For those who'll beat me to the punch, post your thoughts. :D

-Robo
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I really want to see this! I heard it was rather creepy though. (For a kids movie at least...)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I know people who worked on it... does that count?
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Me wrote:I know people who worked on it... does that count?
Woah! Really? Awesome.

Anyway. I just got back from a 3D showing of the film and I have to say... Incredible. The animation was spectacular, the design was fanciful, and the story was entertaining. They changed/added to the story a bit, but it was still good. Coraline is certainly a stretch for chrilden's media (just like the book). I gave it 9 out of 10 stars on imdb (I would have given it 10 if it was a bit more like the book). Go see it.

-Robo
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I read the movie review on Coraline on pluggedinonline.com. Got to say it sounded pretty weird. :anxious:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Saw it last evening, in 3D - if you do get a chance to attend a 3D version, pick that. It adds quite a bit in a fairly nongimmick sort of way, unlike a lot of movies which use it.
It was indeed rather creepy, but mostly in a 'I would have loved this movie as a kid, nightmares or not' sort of fashion. Then again, I was a strange kid. Amazing art direction, though.
It's even more impressive if you realize it's at the very least almost all physical stop-motion, rather than CGI rendering.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

It's in stop-motion and is supposed to be creepy. Sounds like it's worth a watch.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

It is!

-Robo
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

It got a negative FotF review. :(
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Maximum Ride wrote:It got a negative FotF review. :(
Since when do I pay attention to them? Although I like to read their reviews, cause alot of the time they are funny.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Bruce Wayne wrote:
Maximum Ride wrote:It got a negative FotF review. :(
Since when do I pay attention to them? Although I like to read their reviews, cause alot of the time they are funny.
:roll: Whatever floats your boat... I think.