H1N1

I have been vaccined. Huzzah!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Ben Linus
I've been working out

H1N1

Post by Ben Linus »

I wasn't quite sure where to put this one but...I was vaccinated for the H1N1 fly today (I got the misty stuff; stick the tub up your nose, squirt, 'sniff sniff' all done. Pretty Simplistic) and I was wondering who else out there has gotten the vaccine...???

One reason I got mine now was because I was in two of the three danger groups; kids and people with preexisting conditions (I have a lung disorder/issue thing. No biggie for me, but It would be baaad if I got anything that had to do with lungness) :-

So yeah, anyone else got the shot/mist? Or are you one of the folks who got the flu, like my poor best friend did :(?
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I've gotten the seasonal shot, but not the h1n1 shot. I figure at this point, b/c of my job, it's only a matter of time before I catch it, as it may still be a while before I get the shot.
redrose
Processing

Post by redrose »

I haven't gotten the vaccination because I don't think it's worth it. I think my brother got H1N1 but everyone else just has a cold in my family. Not to mention in Canada the Vaccinations are running low.
We have raised our hopes and our cities high
We have followed fragile dreams
But only One could take the measure of our goals
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I don't think I will get vaccinated. It doesn't seem worth it to me. If I recall correctly, its only deviation from regular flu is that it is more contagious, not deadly.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

H1N1 has hit my school, and several girls on my wing have had it. Not me, though. Not planning on getting the vaccination either.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I wasn't planning on getting it, but My mum was like "Hey, guess what *Wham!* H1N1". People have died from it, though (Even if they already had conditions) So I might call it somewhat dangerous...
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

It's bad for people with existing conditions, but at least two of my family members (possibly three) have gotten H1N1, as well as my friend, and aside from it keeping them holed up in bed for longer than normal it wasn't that different from normal flu (from my point of view). Besides, whether it's dangerous or not, people are definitely overreacting.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

My entire family has had the flu. It's really not that bad, none of us ever threw up. Just had fevers headaches and back aches. Now my sister and I have coughs tho...

~Lea
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

yeah, but statistically more people who didn't have preexisting conditions are dying from this flu than "normal" flus. So it is more dangerous, even though hospitalizations and deaths are relatively rare for the number of people who get it... it still *is* somewhat worse than the normal flu. I haven't gotten the vaccine yet, I really should.
Joyfully
Found

Post by Joyfully »

I got the flu! it wasn't that bad, it just stayed around for a lonnnnnnnng time, ugh. but I'm over it! cough, headace, non-hearing, watery-eyes...and more. I'm over it, I made it!
my mom got it the worst, she had it for about 2 months, but she's now over it, thankfully! :D

I'm not going to take the vaccine, if i die I suppose that's when the Lord wants me to die, I'm not going to do anything about it, they're forcing the vaccine on people, if people don't want it you shouldn't get it, arg! ^_^
the people that get people to get the vaccine...they don't want to even get it, that is suspicius. :-k
Last edited by Joyfully on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I havent gotten it myself. It has been spreading around my campus. I know that a couple of hundred of students have been sick and we are just trying to get past it. I was sick a couple weeks ago. Dont know if it was H1N1. There were several of us sick. I hope it doesnt get into my dorm cause we are so small it would spread super quick. I have yet to even get the seasonal flu shot.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Hmm. So it seems most of you agree this is being overreacted? I would probably have to agree; I'd say it's bad, but not as bad as people are saying it is...then again, I suppose to the people who lost a daughter, mother, father, or other family member to it thinks it's big. Did you guys know something like 20,000 people die each year from the regular flu in the U.S alone???
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I've never gotten any kind of flu shot... I just figure (as has already been mentioned in this thread) that it's not a whole lot different than the normal flu if you're a generally healthy person. Although, in my opinion, h1n1 would be a lame way to die... :p
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Guess Who! wrote:yeah, but statistically more people who didn't have preexisting conditions are dying from this flu than "normal" flus. So it is more dangerous, even though hospitalizations and deaths are relatively rare for the number of people who get it... it still *is* somewhat worse than the normal flu.
That's probably the main reason I wanted the vaccine. When I was in New England this past summer I heard on the radio that two people had died from swine flu in the New England states while I was there, both about my age, with no pre-existing conditions. Add to that the fact that my job routinely brings me into contact with sick people, and getting the vaccine started sounding like a good idea.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Evil Chick wrote:Although, in my opinion, h1n1 would be a lame way to die... :p

Haha. Yeah, I agree =P~ That'd be...yeah. Not very epic.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am not totally sure because I didn't go to a doctor to be diagnosed, but I think I had it a few weeks ago, pretty much all the symptoms matched up... but I didn't die! \:D/

So yeah, I could get the vaccine at school but meh, I don't see the point.
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

well, I believe 90% of flu cases this year will be the swine flu as opposed to the more "usual" yearly strain. So if you had the flu, you probably had swine flu.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I think H1H1 is so overrated. About every 11 years a major flu is introduced (learned this is Social class today, haha \:D/), and people still die from the vaccination alone.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have heard of that shot. I haven't gotten it yet.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Have not gotten it yet, couldn't even if I wanted to because I'm not in the risk groups that have to get the shot first. Even if I could get it I'm not going to.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln