Twilight- Awesome Saga or Corrupting Fantasy is Disguise?

Discuss how and why the Twilight saga's and books are a pro or a con to society.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Screaming girls are scary, and are one of the reasons why Robert Pattinson absolutely hates his current role. That and he too thinks that Edward is a stalker and that Stephenie Meyer is, to quote him, "mad."

In all honesty, just as many girls think that the franchise and its popularity are completely ridiculous. I am one of them.

I remember my mother telling me this after New Moon was released in theaters. Apparently just as many screams for Jacob's shirtless scenes (which, from what I hear, occurred every ten seconds) came from middle aged women as they did from teenage girls. One of the people who went to see it was a good friend of my mother's, who mentioned, in a nutshell, that it was totally ridiculous that those women couldn't just act their age over a shirtless boy.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I actually kind of liked New Moon, but largely because it played off of the only way I had been able to get through the first movie: Interpreting Bella and Edward's "love" as a character study of Bella being blinded to reason by hormones and generally not acting in a sane manner, and the creepy old vampire boy with problems of his own. (On a related note, I understand the movie actually added all the appearances of James' vampire clan before the baseball game, which helps in the foreshadowing department, but on the other hand, has Bella following Edward into the woods and not saying a thing to anyone when she's figured out where all the murders are coming from.)

New Moon... pretty much validated that. Much more interesting than a story of "love" between them Because Love. It also had Facepunch!, which is always a plus.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

to me, Eclipse was the best one. They at least followed the book closer...
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

If you could live forever, what would you live for?~ Twilight