Facebook:

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Facebook:

Post by Taps »

FaceBook. Do you have it? Are you addicted to it? Post what you think about Facebook below?

I don't have it but I dislike it because all my friends want to spend all their time on Facebook and don't do anything real even my older sisters are like that :roll:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Most of my social interaction takes place on Facebook. :- I swear, without it I'd be a lonely old biddy.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

No. But i wants it.
Last edited by Steve on Wed May 25, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | a little stinker.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Taps wrote:I don't have it but I dislike it because all my friends want to spend all their time on Facebook and don't do anything real even my older sisters are like that :roll:
I used to feel EXACTLY that way before I got an account. \:D/

Facebook has many awesome features.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Just don't start playing any of the app games. :( You'll be hooked for a minimum of six months.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I got Facebook almost a year ago, and it's fun. I hardly ever post anything though, I just go around liking people's statuses. :)
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I like using Facebook to hone my witty repartee skills. \:D/ I swear, I live for updating my status and making clever replies to other people's posts. :-
Last edited by Amethystic on Tue May 24, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

American Eagle wrote:
Taps wrote:I don't have it but I dislike it because all my friends want to spend all their time on Facebook and don't do anything real even my older sisters are like that :roll:
*SL* \:D/

I use facebook to communicate, plan events, and post pictures. I'm not obsessed with it, though. And I leave it every once in a while without a problem. :)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I have it, but I have come to hate it over time. Except for the fact I can now stalk Chris without even being his friend... mwahahahahaha! *don't ask....*

I have gone off chat because it is so annoying. And I have slowed down my status messages so much now. I used to be every day. Now, I could go a week and not say anything. I tend not to be that controlled, but I've gotten better.

I also stopped using all the apps and stuff. Flair occasionally now. But I just talk to other people, keep up with my close friends, and scroll aimlessly.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

I have it, but I don't use it obsessively. But I'm also not one of those people who log on once every 6 months.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

When I got to college, I realized it was difficult to NOT have it...it became everyone's substitute for e-mail, so if I didn't get the fb invite, or fb message, I didn't hear about the event or get-together at all. And when you start to know a lot of people on varying levels of friendship, it is easier to keep track of people when they are on facebook, rather than trying to stay updated through e-mail. E-mails I feel like I have to read--fb, I can choose who I want to be regularly updated on. It has by no means replaced my personal interactions, and has actually increased my social awareness and helps me get in contact with people. I prefer personal contact over fb any day, though when I have friends who live hours away, it's not always an option.
If I'm with friends, I generally don't look at fb--don't have it on my phone or anything, and my computer is usually not with me, much less on. But it is a very useful tool--and it's nice to be able to receive feedback from many people on various ponderings of mine, and to be able to share cool stuff with a bunch of people at once without it being an obnoxious e-mail where I don't know who is interested or not. I've gone without it for times when I'm not needing to be connected to others (short-term example: when I'm spending the day or a few days with friends, busy, and not needing contact. Long-term: working at camp where I have better things to do and people to see, not needing contact with the outside world) and generally not missed it, so right now, I think I'm pretty good. But on the normal week, I find it makes life much more simple (receiving information from my church without having to call or e-mail, which would add tons of stuff for others to deal with).
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Unfortunately, I do not have a Facebook, however I would really like one. So, I really can't voice my opinion about Facebook when I have never even used it.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

have it use it as a mind numbingly bored place to dumb thoughts. i have less then 20 friends... never was addicted to anything other then cafe world and treasure isle.. games. and frontier ville.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Angel wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
*SL* \:D/

I use facebook to communicate, plan events, and post pictures. I'm not obsessed with it, though. And I leave it every once in a while without a problem. :)
I have an account, and yes, I did try some of those app games. But unlike most, they deterred me more than anything. There was no point to Farmville. #-o And with only my family to talk to..... Well, I'm on more often than I was nowadays, thanks to some certain ToOers that helped get me there. :P
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

I have a facebook, I am not really addicted to it, but I probably spend a little bet longer on it then I should. I do not stay constantly on facebook when I'm with my friends, in fact, I am the one saying "could we do something else now?" I do like it because I can see what my friends are doing without constanly feeling like I am bombarding them with e-mails.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I don't have it.... Not allowed. :( Maybe when I'm older I'll get it though.

\:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have it. I very rarely use it and no I am not addicted to it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I have facebook. I use it because they always advertise grad events, and e-mails and stuff.... I never post status updates, I just comment sometimes or message people, or facebook chat.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

It's great for stalking people! \:D/

But, ya, it's easy to go overboard with all those games and stuff. I use it quite limitedly.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

King Butter Turtle wrote:It's great for stalking people! \:D/
Most definitely! \:D/ It's so much fun to stalk people when I'm bored.