10 Things You Don't Like

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Laura Ingalls wrote:That's right. ;) It's not really as far-fetched an idea as you might think. :P
I don't think so. My brother can be great at times, and not-so-great at times.
Last edited by Joy on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Joy wrote: My brother punched me in the gut once, the person who tripped me, the guy who bares his teeth and charges at me?
That is classic little brother behavior. I suggest you show him how he should respond if others do such things to him: 'Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.' and 'Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.' (I can't think of the sources off the top of my head).
Anyway, on a different note, you're getting a lot of social interaction on here. Therefore, I wouldn't say you have no social interaction whatsoever (as you sort of said earlier).
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Astronomer wrote:
Joy wrote: My brother punched me in the gut once, the person who tripped me, the guy who bares his teeth and charges at me?
That is classic little brother behavior. I suggest you show him how he should respond if others do such things to him: 'Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.' and 'Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.' (I can't think of the sources off the top of my head).
Anyway, on a different note, you're getting a lot of social interaction on here. Therefore, I wouldn't say you have no social interaction whatsoever (as you sort of said earlier).
He's my older brother.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Joy wrote:
Astronomer wrote:What's wrong with homeschooling?
Well, barely any social interaction, plus my curriculum is abominable, and the fact that I'd see my best friend more than 2 or 3 times a month because she is so busy.
'
One suggestion is to make your siblings and parents your best friends, then you'll see your best friend every day! \:D/
That is good advice Joy. :yes:
I know how you feel though, although I do enjoy homeschooling a lot.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:
Joy wrote:
Well, barely any social interaction, plus my curriculum is abominable, and the fact that I'd see my best friend more than 2 or 3 times a month because she is so busy.
'
One suggestion is to make your siblings and parents your best friends, then you'll see your best friend every day! \:D/
Laura gave you great advice. Joy, your 10 and seem quite intelligent so please listen. I wish that I had adopted this view of my family when I was your age; I didn't. As a result, I feel like I have lost years of my life with my family and now I have only a few more. Once your an adult you can make all the friends you want; however, your childhood with your family can only happen once so treasure it.

In addition, sibling(s) and parents can make great friends. Although it may not seem like it now, once you get older, you will realize that they are one greatest friend one will ever have. Friends come and go, but your family is always the same. Again treasure them.

And yes, I was punched many times as a kid by my brothers! \:D/ (Those were the good days :P ) It happens to almost every sibling. We fight, we play, we cry, we eat, we fight some more. It is a cycle of life. And yet we still are a "big, happy family" :anxious:

As for the curriculum, I can understand where you are coming from. However, at my age, I miss those childish things. Right now, the books are longer and the teacher just lectures; I could just pull out my hair when trying to find the answers to some questions \:D/ In addition, people my age are starting to grow up and realize that they will soon be an adult trying to strive in this world. It is scary to think about it, and yet, it is a reality. Childhood is very special so again treasure it!

And "conventional" schools are not what they seem. There are benefits and drawbacks. Having talked to many public-schooling friends, they do wish that they were homeschooled; tronically, many homeschoolers would like to trade places. It is natural to assume that the "grass is greener on the other side." However, in our pursuit to achieve the "grass" on the other side, we miss the "grass" before us. Instead of going on the useless cycle of wanting something we DON'T HAVE, we should treasure what we DO HAVE.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Joy wrote:He's my older brother.
My mistake. Though, I would say it still stands for older brother's too. (Most brother's like to pick on their sisters. Not that it is right, but it happens.)
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Parker Family wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:
Joy wrote:
'
Laura gave you great advice. Joy, your 10 and seem quite intelligent so please listen. I wish that I had adopted this view of my family when I was your age; I didn't. As a result, I feel like I have lost years of my life with my family and now I have only a few more. Once your an adult you can make all the friends you want; however, your childhood with your family can only happen once so treasure it.

In addition, sibling(s) and parents can make great friends. Although it may not seem like it now, once you get older, you will realize that they are one greatest friend one will ever have. Friends come and go, but your family is always the same. Again treasure them.

And yes, I was punched many times as a kid by my brothers! \:D/ (Those were the good days :P ) It happens to almost every sibling. We fight, we play, we cry, we eat, we fight some more. It is a cycle of life. And yet we still are a "big, happy family" :anxious:

As for the curriculum, I can understand where you are coming from. However, at my age, I miss those childish things. Right now, the books are longer and the teacher just lectures; I could just pull out my hair when trying to find the answers to some questions \:D/ In addition, people my age are starting to grow up and realize that they will soon be an adult trying to strive in this world. It is scary to think about it, and yet, it is a reality. Childhood is very special so again treasure it!

And "conventional" schools are not what they seem. There are benefits and drawbacks. Having talked to many public-schooling friends, they do wish that they were homeschooled; tronically, many homeschoolers would like to trade places. It is natural to assume that the "grass is greener on the other side." However, in our pursuit to achieve the "grass" on the other side, we miss the "grass" before us. Instead of going on the useless cycle of wanting something we DON'T HAVE, we should treasure what we DO HAVE.
Me and my brother can't be friends. We can be sibling, but for now, at least, we can't. As for my other siblings..My brother that is older than Captain, who I will refer to as W, is amazing. He sometimes can get a bit cross, but he's a good brother. So is Captain. And my 3 older sisters, 20, 22, 24, are extremely awesome. Captain and me, we're different. It's a love/hate relationship, more love than hate.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

In no particular order:

1. I don't get TLC or A&E on my television. This makes keeping up to date on my bounty hunters, polygamists, and wedding dresses difficult.
2. Tin foil hats might actually help the aliens take over your mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgQ5_Sww ... ure=relmfu
3. "Cara Mia Addio" from Portal 2 nearly impossible to sing along to because it's in Italian.
4. Getting grades in school that end with the number nine. "Ninety-nine percent?? NOOOOOO!!!"
5. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, which is possibly the worst movie ever.
6. Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, the sequel. (I don't know what I was thinking.)
7. I hate it when I'm watching a murder mystery show and I figure out who the killer is before the detective does.
8. The fact that 'tear' and 'tear' are two different words but they're spelled exactly the same. I want to know whose bright idea that was.
9. August book releases. I want to enjoy my summer, not count down the days until it's over.
10. Cute cat videos on the internet. You've seen one, you've seen 'em all, and yet everybody keeps on watching.
Last edited by Amethystic on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

1. People that waste time making 'hate lists'.
Which obviously includes me... ](*,)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

No no no, not hate lists, dislike lists. :yes:
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

2. People who split hairs: hate, dislike, they are pretty much the same thing! (But different... :) )
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

There's a big difference between hating something and disliking something. :noway: I don't hate tin foil hats, I just don't like that they're secretly helping the aliens.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Does that mean that Foaly is secretly helping aliens? Horror! (Caution: Artemis Fowl reference)
Great signature, by the way.
Last edited by Astronomer on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

1. When it's been looking like a thunderstorm all week and we don't get a single lightning strike.
2. Bashing things without a clue of what you're talking about.
3. Talking incessantly when we're trying to work choreography.
4. The incessant "need" of people to have a significant other who shows them affection at all times.
5. Egregious cursing.
6. The annoying, perverted conversations I'm subjected to daily, either in class or at play rehearsal.
7. Insane fringe group shipping.
8. Reading stupid books for summer reading and not getting a choice or say in the matter.
9. Having to stay at school until 9:00 PM all next week because of the musical.
10. Walking through the mud and dew to get to school every morning.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

• Grapes
  • Bad grammar and spelling
  • Glee
  • People who make money for singing off-pitch
  • Movie dates
  • Wine
  • Writing essays
  • Contemporary fiction (books)
  • People who drive under the speed limit for no apparent reason
  • Wives that complain about and criticize their husbands (especially in front of people)
Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

1. Harry Potter
2. Cats
3. Self-centered people
4. Drinking
5. Math
6. The Chronicles of Narnia
7. Cursing
8. Greek yogurt
9. Tattoos
10. Awkward conversations

These are not in any particular order.
Last edited by Anemone on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image