Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I am back from the weekend! We had our spring competition this weekend, and it was interesting. The main disappointment was that there was no Bible quiz and we were never asked our memory verses, which is just totally wrong. Second, one of the competitions was assembling a bridge with the pieces you're given, but it took at least 50 minutes for us to do it, and we were out in full sun in mid 80's weather, which was absolutely exhausting. In the end, we ended up winning for the second time in a row! \:D/ And with our younger guys winning their competition (actually their two teams won 2nd and 3rd, with an average winning 1st over the other churches) and our (first ever) winter competition win, we totally swept the year. That is as good as I ever hoped for for my last year of being able to do this. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Laura, how long do your allergies usually last? :(
The worst of it lasts approximately from Mother's Day through Father's Day, although I still a bit of trouble later than that when I mow and have a ton of cut grass blowing around me. \:D/

This week I'll be busy making new candies for market...I'm sold out of all my fudges, gummy squares, and marshmallows, so I have a lot to do this week. Which is unfortunate, since all this week is supposed to be quite rainy/high humidity, and candy is not supposed to be made on those kinds of days. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Laura Ingalls wrote: This week I'll be busy making new candies for market...I'm sold out of all my fudges, gummy squares, and marshmallows, so I have a lot to do this week. Which is unfortunate, since all this week is supposed to be quite rainy/high humidity, and candy is not supposed to be made on those kinds of days. :-
I read this, and I thought you wrote 'candles' so I was quite confused why you were talking about fudge and marshmallows. :oops:
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

About halfway through the last Monday of the school year (since next Monday is a holiday). \:D/

I would generally have to work through the summer at the school but I drew the "Contract Error in Your Favor" card and apparently I had quite a bit of vacation time they never told me about the last couple years I've worked there. My new supervisor discovered this. So basically I am going to get the whole summer off from my school job, except for a couple weeks of getting some stuff set up for next school year that I am pretty indispensable for. I will still have my other job all summer but I'm pretty happy to have a lot of paid time off. \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

That's too bad about the Bible Quiz, BQ days are awesome. \:D/ I'm glad it sounds like you all had a fantastic time, Dan. ^.^

Blowing cut grass, I love bagging with the mower, it just takes so much longer. ;) And it's easier when you have a brother nearby to empty the bag repeatedly. ^_^ If you get a chance, I'd love to see pictures of what you make again. :D

Top, do you feel like a high school student again? \:D/ It's great you get the summer off. ;)

Yesterday had I posted an update it would have been extremely depression, but God and I have been having a good 'talk' today. ;) He's really amazing. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I'm not exactly looking forward to tomorrow: going to the dentist to get a cavity filled. But after that we're going to the 2nd annual family picnic with our Bible study group. \:D/ Eating tacos could be a bit of a problem though...
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Sunshine wrote:I'm not exactly looking forward to tomorrow: going to the dentist to get a cavity filled. But after that we're going to the 2nd annual family picnic with our Bible study group. \:D/ Eating tacos could be a bit of a problem though...
Aw, I hope you have a good day Sunny :hug:
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

I PASSED MY DRIVERS TRAINING TEST!! I.AM.DONE!

I'm sure you all are sick of me talking about drivers training. ;) So, thankfully it's over. I barely past though, one of the boys and I got the exact score and... it was the worst you could get without failing....all that studying and I barely past. :( Today was awesome though. After class most of us hung out talking/saying goodbye/waiting for parents/taking pictures. Then afterwords three of the girls from class, and I went to Steak 'N Shake. Ahhh, today was so amazing. \:D/
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

God's Daughter wrote:I PASSED MY DRIVERS TRAINING TEST!! I.AM.DONE!

I'm sure you all are sick of me talking about drivers training. ;) So, thankfully it's over. I barely past though, one of the boys and I got the exact score and... it was the worst you could get without failing....all that studying and I barely past. :( Today was awesome though. After class most of us hung out talking/saying goodbye/waiting for parents/taking pictures. Then afterwords three of the girls from class, and I went to Steak 'N Shake. Ahhh, today was so amazing. \:D/
YAY!! \:D/ I know I was sooooo relieved to pass my test, I'm so glad you passed yours :D
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Congratulations, God's Daughter. I shall take it as a cue to stay off the roads. \:D/
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Congratulations God's Daughter.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Congrats God's Daughter! I'm sure it's a relief to have that done. I'm glad you had a great day too! :hug:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm back from a five-day family vacation. I'm gradually getting everything organized and unpacked, which I enjoy doing. God was good through it all. On the last night, I stood in a huddle with two of my best friends and we prayed... unforgettable.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Sounds awesome AE! \:D/

I'm taking lots of tests today. It's the usual end of the year standard tests for homeschoolers. Fun, fun. ;) I am currently sitting on the couch of the family whose house I am taking the tests at studying for the ACT. I cannot wait 'til all these tests and ACT/SAT are over with! So much stress. Aaah... :mad: Also my poor mom is sick with the shingles. If you haven't had them NEVER get them. They are awful, it's basically open sores and a rash that cause a LOT of pain. It does not look fun at all. :(
Last edited by Joanne on Tue May 22, 2012 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

MY SISTER HAD HER BABY LATE LAST NIGHT!!!! And I am sooooooo excited to see her. Her name is Victoria Rose. And I might see her later today! Sooooo excited!!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Congrats CD. \:D/

I have a cold. :(
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Uh, I'm meeting Prince Charles and the Duchess today in Toronto!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

American Eagle wrote:On the last night, I stood in a huddle with two of my best friends and we prayed... unforgettable.
Best part sometimes. ^_^ Times like that with friends and God are amazing.::) Glad it was a good trip! \:D/
Joanne wrote:I'm taking lots of tests today. It's the usual end of the year standard tests for homeschoolers. Fun, fun. ;) I am currently sitting on the couch of the family whose house I am taking the tests at studying for the ACT. I cannot wait 'til all these tests and ACT/SAT are over with! So much stress. Aaah... :mad: Also my poor mom is sick with the shingles. If you haven't had them NEVER get them. They are awful, it's basically open sores and a rash that cause a LOT of pain. It does not look fun at all. :(
Survive them, darling. O:) Shall pray for a clear head and firm peace. ^.^ And your mom!
Jehoshaphat wrote:MY SISTER HAD HER BABY LATE LAST NIGHT!!!! And I am sooooooo excited to see her. Her name is Victoria Rose. And I might see her later today! Sooooo excited!!
Woohoo, congrats to you all! :D And the name is gorgeous. ^.^
Knight Fisher wrote:I have a cold. :(
How come every time we talk you are sick? :( Take care and get better, silly boy, er, respectable Mayor. \:D/
Joy wrote:Uh, I'm meeting Prince Charles and the Duchess today in Toronto!
I don't even know who they are, frankly, but do take pictures! ;)

Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I don't have a camera. So, no pictures!
Prince Charles? He's the heir to the throne! And the Duchess is his wife.
There are going to be TV crews about, so I'm going to try and get an interview. If I do, then hopefully it'll come online, and I'll be able to show you guys. But, it'll be unlikely. Still, I'm hopeful!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Joy wrote:I don't have a camera. So, no pictures!
Prince Charles? He's the heir to the throne! And the Duchess is his wife.
There are going to be TV crews about, so I'm going to try and get an interview. If I do, then hopefully it'll come online, and I'll be able to show you guys. But, it'll be unlikely. Still, I'm hopeful!
Oh. O:) This is how much I keep up with royalties. \:D/ Hope you have a good time! :D