5 Best Animated Films

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Taps wrote:Yeah, I watched the Return of the Joker. It was decent.

Ooh, yeah @AIOLUVER Megamind is going to take the place of Tintin for me.
Megamind and Tintin were both excellent movies \:D/ Not just the animation, but the stories, the humor, and the voice-overs.
*insert provocative quote here*
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Here are my top five (in alphabetically order).

1. Bambi - This is probably my very favorite animated movie of all time. This movie was literally my childhood. It introduced me to death and made my love for animals grow even stronger. I love this movie!

2. Beauty And The Beast - A timeless story that will always hold a special place in my heart. The story line is touching and inspiring, the music is fantastic, and it is simply wonderful movie!

3. Finding Nemo - The animation for this movie is absolutely beautiful! This is a great movie that I love to watch. It's so funny and filled with good life lessons for all.

4. Mulan - I love this movie! It's a story about honor, bravery, and hope. It has drama, romance, and comedy. What more could you ask for?!?!

5. The Prince Of Egypt - This was a favorite of mine as a child. I still love it to this day.
Last edited by Sapphire on Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Your list is my new favorite. :inlove: Prince of Egypt is actually an incredible film.

And since Top mentioned it, I'm adding Watership Down to my list. I guess I'll take out Fantasia, since it's.. not actually a favorite of mine, just more like one I recognize as being a great achievement.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

LOL I'm glad someone recognized one of the films on my list of animated films to horrify children! \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Wait. They made a movie of Watership Down? I must investigate.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I remember being horrified by it when I was little. :( Then I get older and realized how great it was.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's great but back when it came out only kids watched cartoons and I bet a lot of parents let their kids see it thinking "OH HEY TALKING ANIMALS!" and it didn't go well. >_>

If you like Watership Down you should check out The Plague Dogs, its sister movie.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

5. Aladdin, for having top of the line animation, awesome music, and the Genie.

4. Recess: School's Out, for being a movie about one of the best cartoon series of all time. It's such a fun movie and it makes me take a trip back to the good old days.

3. Meet the Robinsons, for being a timeless tale about a kid who just wants a family. And for having an obvious parody of badly dubbed anime fight sequences. \:D/

2. The Princess and the Frog, for being one of the only Disney Princess movies where the princess works hard to get what she wants instead of having her wishes come true all the time (not that the others are necessarily bad for this, but Tiana makes it mroe believable).

1. The Lion King, for being the movie I love so much. :inlove: The music is so much fun and beautiful to listen to--the scene with Simba walking up Pride Rock clinched it. I really like how Simba grows up and learns to take responsibility for himself instead of letting everything come to him. Honestly, Disney needs more movies like this.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

WAIT I'M REVISING MY LIST.

I just slapped myself for forgetting Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. :( Also, I have a special appreciation for The Secret of Nimh, which was probably one of the first animation features I ever saw when I was young.. I remember being strangely haunted by it. Watched it again recently and realized how truly great it is. \:D/

How is that animated films used to be so much more adventurous? The Secret of Nimh is an example of a film that wasn't afraid to travel to dark places, feature blood, or kill off its feature characters.. and yet its also funny, magical, and wonderful to behold for adults and children alike. Our animation these days is garbage. :(
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

1. How To Train Your Dragon
2. Toy Story 3
3. The Secret World of Arrietty
4. Tangled
5. The Iron Giant
Last edited by Anemone on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

1. Aladdin - best animated movie ever, no debate Aladdin was where it's at.

2. Batman: Under The Red Hood - beautiful art and perhaps one of the best batman stories to ever be turned into any type of movies make this a shoe-in for my #2

3. Akira - hm, anime, anime as an art form has really been lost to alot of dumb series that pop up these days (with the exception of things like full metal alchemist brotherhood) but this anime movie is far reaching and will probably last as what other anime strive to be for as long as the genre is around, it's pretty violent and dark to be an animated film but the story and the bleak outlook on the future is so perfectly put together, there's no way this doesn't deserve top 5.

4. Toy Story - No, not toy story 2 with the weird evil country prospector, or toy story 3 with the weird evil country bear, Toy Story 1 with the evil kid who mutilated toys....the conflicts between woody and buzz, the ultimate rescue plan! It was all epic and while I can't say toy story gave us diminishing returns on quality, I will say I've always liked this one the best.

5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - yeah, I know I already have a batman film on here...but there's something about the batman animated movies that kind of set a precedent for serious and dark animated films as an art form, and boy was this movie a piece of art, if you haven't seen this movie, you aren't a true batman fan.
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

Lee wrote:Tangled. :inlove:

That is all I have to say.

agreed
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

I saw The Iron Giant while browsing movies on the Add to Que thing on Netflix. I watched it straight from my TV and loved it! Ratatouille is my favorite animated film, but The Iron Giant and The Incredibles would be in my Top 5. I guess you could say I'm a Brad Bird fan.
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Here's my top five of the moment.

5. The Hobbit. This one I like because it is the only Hobbit film out ( until December \:D/ )

4. Wall-E. This is a great movie, though the bad guy is probably the worst Pixar bad guy. A evil ship? Slightly original, I'll give them that.

3. Robin Hood. This Disney movie is probably my favorite Robin Hood film.

2. The Pirates That Don't Do Anything. Really, after Jonah, they should be called 'The Pirates Who Mostly Don't Do Anything'.

1. A Snoodle's Tale. This has got to be my favorite Veggietales movie ever. It's also my favorite animated one (of those that I can think of).
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.