Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Well apparently I haven't lived either Marvin. Never had Chick-Fil-A at least :P

I don't think I'm wired to sleep at night :( I know I'm going to be absolutely dead tomorrow, but I can not go to sleep, being away from home does that to me.. I'll probably end up sleeping in the car, but I don't like not being able to sleep :(

Our vacation/road trip thing is going good so far :) We're going to pick up a friend on Wednesday to go with us the rest of the way, so that should be fun \:D/ In a friends kitchen right now, good times :)

Mercy, feel better soon :hug:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

VBS is over. \:D/ Overall a decent week. The kids were pretty nice. Except the one who decided to peg me with a tennis ball. >_> So today I am recovering and then I'm off to Camp. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

In North America at least; Canada for a few hours, then two more flights to home \:D/

it's good to be en route. The plane ride wasn't bad though; I watched 4 movies in a row :-

Till the end of the line.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

And I am back from camp, and camp is all over for the year. :mecry:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I started a job at the public library last Monday which I really happy to have because I had tried unsuccessfully to get a job elsewhere. Last week was summer band, although supposedly mandatory only about 10 people show up, its mainly to get us playing our instrument having not played for several months (at least some of them I do play every Sunday). I have one more week of freedom until school starts. :(
Marc.
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marc. »

Well, right now I'm sprinting away from a herd of Rhinoceros, having just escaped evil gunman by sprinting across a wimpy bridge and then cutting the ropes so that they couldn't cross. Oh, wait! Oh yes, I'm in a dense pack of trees, the Rhinoceros can't get me in here. HOLY CHEESE MASSIVE SNAKE.
But seriously, Exciting stuff in my life? My life is sadly lacking in exciting. The most exciting thing happening right now is that I'm trying to start an Online business. I'm doing the research, (Web designing, what kind of products/services I want to sell, etc. etc.). It's going very slowly.
Last edited by Marc. on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm leaving for camp after church tomorrow morning! But guys, I really need your prayers. You see, there was this girl at camp last year, and... she didn't give me her last name, but... I really hope she's there again this year. Please pray for as long as you can. Is fasting too much to ask?

Farewell. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

American Eagle wrote:I'm leaving for camp after church tomorrow morning! But guys, I really need your prayers. You see, there was this girl at camp last year, and... she didn't give me her last name, but... I really hope she's there again this year. Please pray for as long as you can. Is fasting too much to ask?

Farewell. ;)
AE, you don't need prayer. You're a chick magnet to the bitter end.
he/him | a little stinker.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Steve wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I'm leaving for camp after church tomorrow morning! But guys, I really need your prayers. You see, there was this girl at camp last year, and... she didn't give me her last name, but... I really hope she's there again this year. Please pray for as long as you can. Is fasting too much to ask?

Farewell. ;)
AE, you don't need prayer. You're a chick magnet to the bitter end.
indeed; it's because he's so physically mature :inlove:

haha I'll pray, AE ;)

anyway, I'm finally home :) the last flight was canceled due to bad weather, but we rented a car and drove home and split the cost with 2 others.

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just noticed today that I am no longer a moderator. It is yet another term served during which I did absolutely nothing.:D
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I just set up emails for all the students and staff here... yay me. \:D/

Now I get to go back into them and change their passwords, etc, because my supervisor thinks they will be too stupid to do it themselves. \:D/
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

It's kind of odd not to see so many green names...

I mean, instead of half the normal posters being green, it's only like, five people...

It's also rather odd to see my name in green...

But I kinda like it.
\:D/
:D
8-)
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a great evening! I went to a Bible study group meeting and one of the ladies (in her mid-30s) started talking about how she just bought an album of AIO to listen to in her car on the way to work and shared how much "Sergeant York" impacted her and all this good stuff that she got out of it and how she's going to buy more AIO now. She had never listened before and now she's hooked! \:D/ I was totally thrilled, and of course I offered to lend her some of my CDs, since she started with album 55 and probably won't want to buy quite all of them right away. ;)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Did you tell her you're the lead administrator of the biggest AIO-based community on the internet? She'll probably want your autograph. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Catspaw wrote:I had a great evening! I went to a Bible study group meeting and one of the ladies (in her mid-30s) started talking about how she just bought an album of AIO to listen to in her car on the way to work and shared how much "Sergeant York" impacted her and all this good stuff that she got out of it and how she's going to buy more AIO now. She had never listened before and now she's hooked! \:D/ I was totally thrilled, and of course I offered to lend her some of my CDs, since she started with album 55 and probably won't want to buy quite all of them right away. ;)
You should have her join us!

I'm sure she'd love it.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I didn't want to sound too crazy to a person who just started listening a week ago and has one album. ;) I told her that I own all the albums, many on both tape and CD, and I will be lending her the first few albums soon, so maybe after she's heard more, I'll tell her how to join the crazy AIO fandom.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I survived camp. Barely. :|

Day 1 I leave with three 12-13 year old boys. 7 1/2 hours in the car. :mecry: We arrive at camp and find out not enough people signed up so the age groups are combined. :bang:

And the rest had some moments... but mainly...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

From two o'clock to eleven, I was in airports.

Why? Because our first flight was delayed almost two horus and we had to get a new connecting flight home. I'm tired. Why am I on the internet? Deprivation? I don't know. I'm going to bed.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^that doesn't sound fun. When we finally landed in the states ( 2 flights, one of which was 9 hours, the other about 3), our last flight was canceled so we rented a car and drove home (3 hours). Combined with jet lag, that was a really long day.

Finished making my TARDIS, and most of my Sherlock decorations for my birthday party \:D/ still have a few more things to make, but it's coming along well.

Just started going to a book group that's talking about having balance in your life, in all areas (namely Spiritual, Financial, Health/Fitness and Relational/Social). I think it'll be really good for me to have definitive goals to set, and to focus on carrying them out. Especially at school.

orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Starting school on Monday. Looking forward to it, I guess.