Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trixie! \:D/ Yay! It's great to have you back. :D

Today I plan to watch a few episodes of "Sue Thomas FBEye." I started watching through the series (in order - DVDs are wonderful!) and it's so easy to remember why I love the show so much! :inlove: Right now the rest of my family is playing Rook - a card game that I do not play, and that they get all worked up about. It's a good time to be elsewhere! ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Your family plays Rook?! :shock: I LOVE Rook! \:D/ My granny has played from way back, and she can be pretty brutal when we play. :P

Today was a rainy day here, although now the sun has finally come out. This morning it was so dreary, so I turned on a nice, joyful Christmas tape. Ahhh.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Just recently read The Hunger Games for summer reading (which was very convenient, in my personal opinion). I was...less than thrilled, let's say. ;) Anyway, school starts tomorrow, and I'm super excited. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Your family plays Rook?! :shock: I LOVE Rook! \:D/ My granny has played from way back, and she can be pretty brutal when we play. :P
Well, my dad, my sister, and my brother play Rook. They usually have to play with a dummy hand because my mom and I refuse to play with them. ;) I would love to see them play against your granny, though! :lol: My great-grandma used to be great to play Skip-bo with, or to watch play. She would never play a card that might help anybody else, and then she would get these runs where she would go through several hands of cards and then beat us all. Good times! :lol:

I got to watch 3 episodes of Sue Thomas before my brother decided that it was enough, since he doesn't like the show, and since I did get to watch a bunch, I was nice enough to stop there. O:) I'm in that Allie/David stage of things at the end of season one anyway, for anybody else who watches the show, so that stuff just makes my heart hurt anyway. :sniff:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*comforts our beloved admin* it's okay, Catspaw; have a creampuff :) Good 'ol Sue Thomas; me and my mom watch that together sometimes. It's charming :inlove: (though admittedly, I dislike the Allie side of things more than I dislike David.)

in other news, there's a fire raging near where I live, and some families I know have evacuated. We may or may not be next; it seems be going farther away though, so I don't know.
Last edited by Shennifer on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Catspaw wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Your family plays Rook?! :shock: I LOVE Rook! \:D/ My granny has played from way back, and she can be pretty brutal when we play. :P
Well, my dad, my sister, and my brother play Rook. They usually have to play with a dummy hand because my mom and I refuse to play with them. ;) I would love to see them play against your granny, though! :lol: My great-grandma used to be great to play Skip-bo with, or to watch play. She would never play a card that might help anybody else, and then she would get these runs where she would go through several hands of cards and then beat us all. Good times! :lol:
My Grandma and Grandpa are really good at Rook. They always beat me. I guess I have just have to keep trying. =D>
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shennifer wrote:*comforts our beloved admin* it's okay, Catspaw; have a creampuff :) Good 'ol Sue Thomas; me and my mom watch that together sometimes. It's charming :inlove: (though admittedly, I dislike the Allie side of things more than I dislike David.)

in other news, there's a fire raging near where I live, and some families I know have evacuated. We may or may not be next; it seems be going farther away though, so I don't know.
Yeah, I dislike Allie more too...except David is more likeable in some ways, which makes me want to like him less. :x Neither of them are terrible people - they just need to go date each other (or other random strangers) instead of hanging around our two beloved characters. ;)

I hope that the fire is under control soon, Shennifer! :) That sounds scary.

Orangie, keep playing! Maybe one day you'll learn their secrets. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You should try scum with rook cards, Catspaw! That's funner than Rook and has a lot of moving for a card game :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

More fun, Marvin. Not funner :noway:

Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Made brownies today with Mom. I won't feel so guilty eating them later because they're made with agave syrup and apple sauce instead of sugar. O:)
Shennifer wrote:More fun, Marvin. Not funner :noway:
Funner, more fun - same thing, right? ;)

Shennifer, definitely hope the fire gets under control soon! Praying for you. :\
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Sunshine and Catspaw: thanks! it's quite smoky here. Appreciate the prayers :)

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Today, I got my...driver's license! I am so happy! I was very nervous during the driving test, but I prayed almost the entire time, and I felt at peace even though I was nervous. I passed! I so happy! Wait. I said that already. :D Well, thank you for all of the prayers you all have said for me concerning my driving. I really appreciate it.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Congratulations, Sapphire! :hug: That's so great to hear! Was it a pretty difficult test, or did you breeze through it like the 'pro driver that you are? ;)
*insert provocative quote here*
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Sapphire wrote:Today, I got my...driver's license! I am so happy! I was very nervous during the driving test, but I prayed almost the entire time, and I felt at peace even though I was nervous. I passed! I so happy! Wait. I said that already. :D Well, thank you for all of the prayers you all have said for me concerning my driving. I really appreciate it.
That's awesome! =D> Was it hard? I need to take my driving test soon. I'll probably get so nervous that I'll flunk.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I didn't pass the driver's test the first time O:) second time I did despite the increase in nerves (had the same person too)

Congrats, Sapphire! now you can cart yourself around :)
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Thank you everyone for the congrats! :D
orangie wrote: That's awesome! =D> Was it hard? I need to take my driving test soon. I'll probably get so nervous that I'll flunk.
Musical Shutterbug wrote:Congratulations, Sapphire! :hug: That's so great to hear! Was it a pretty difficult test, or did you breeze through it like the 'pro driver that you are? ;)
It wasn't a difficult test, but my nerves got to me in the beginning. I was too hesitant or didn't stop long enough, however as I became less nervous, I did better. It's fine to be nervous during your driving test, but don't let your nerves get to you. You don't even have to go on the highway (in my state at least). :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Congrats, Sapphire! \:D/ I was sooo nervous during my test...it's always good for it to be over, isn't it? ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I just recently took my drivers test to get off my GDL license and it was so long. I had to go on the highway and do a bunch of merges and stuff but that wasn't too bad because I do that all the time when I drive normally. The worst part was when I was on roads that I had never been before and didn't know what was coming up next, but I survived. The funniest part of the test was when she told me to turn left and I turned right for the very first turn I did. Fortunately, she told me I wasn't going to fail the test for not knowing my lefts and rights. When I was driving back to the license centre I got literally EVERY SINGLE RED LIGHT. That's not even an exaggeration. To make matters worse there were 3 construction zones and one of the roads that she wanted to go on was closed so we had to take a long detour. But it was good and I passed and nothing's really different because I was driving by myself for the last 2 years anyway...
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

orangie wrote:
Sapphire wrote:Today, I got my...driver's license! I am so happy! I was very nervous during the driving test, but I prayed almost the entire time, and I felt at peace even though I was nervous. I passed! I so happy! Wait. I said that already. :D Well, thank you for all of the prayers you all have said for me concerning my driving. I really appreciate it.
That's awesome! =D> Was it hard? I need to take my driving test soon. I'll probably get so nervous that I'll flunk.
I took my driving test with my school and that was really easy. The written test is also a breeze as long as you study a little bit your good to go.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Driver's Ed and the test to get my permit were both easy, but it seems unnerving to me to get into a car with someone you don't know and have them grading your driving. I hope I get a really easy going cop to drive with.