At Home & Abroad Gold Series arrived today

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

At Home & Abroad Gold Series arrived today

Post by jollyholiday »

"At Home & Abroad" Gold Series arrived today. "It All Started When..." didn't come today though. That's odd. Also The 4 books in one "Strange Journey Back," also arrived today.

-jolly
Last edited by jollyholiday on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yay! \:D/ When are they supposed to be available for the general public (i.e. me) ;)
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

They arrived for sale purposes at our stores today. I'm guessing most of our stores will have them on the shelf by this evening or tomorrow morning. Likely, retailers around the country got them today as well.

-jolly
Last edited by jollyholiday on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yay! \:D/ I can't wait! :D
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Are they combining the old Odyssey books into big ones?

nn
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Yes. This first one that came today has, "Strange Journey Back," "High Flyer with a Flat Tire," "The Secret Cave of Robinwood," and "Behind the Locked Door."

The other two coming are entitiled, "Danger Lies Ahead," and "Point of No Return" and they will each have 4 stories.

-jolly
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Yay! =D> I can't wait to be able to get the books! Thanks for letting us know about all this stuff! It is very nice to know. :D

On a side note, what are the books proposed selling price from Focus on the Family, and what are you selling them for? If you don't want to answer...don't hesitate to not answer. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I was in several Christian bookstores today and I did not see any of these things. Hopefully they will make an appearance soon.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

The books are selling for $13.99 (only the 1st one is out right now). I'm not sure what FOF is going to be selling them for.

If you don't see them in your local store today, I'm sure they'll be there soon. They just arrived in the delivery today and sometimes it takes time for things to go from the back room to the sales floor.

-jolly
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It always seems to take a long time for stuff to hit my local Christian bookstores after you say that your store has stuff, but it's still exciting to hear that they're coming soon! Yay! \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

jollyholiday wrote:The books are selling for $13.99 (only the 1st one is out right now). I'm not sure what FOF is going to be selling them for.

If you don't see them in your local store today, I'm sure they'll be there soon. They just arrived in the delivery today and sometimes it takes time for things to go from the back room to the sales floor.

-jolly
Okay! Thanks! I am trying to decide if I am interested... :-k

Yeah, one of the stores here is really slow at getting products out... ](*,) This summer I wanted the newest album that had come out in March, so I looked a couple times in June and they didn't have it! ](*,) June! I searched for dealers of Tyndale products and called around for a new store to buy from. It turns out I can get them for $5 cheaper at another store, and sooner!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

jollyholiday wrote:The books are selling for $13.99 (only the 1st one is out right now). I'm not sure what FOF is going to be selling them for.

-jolly
I know. I have actually seen books that I wanted in the back room of many a bookstore. I have found books on a cart on the sales floor many times and NO I am not at all shy about taking what I want off the cart. :D
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Laurie wrote:

-jolly
I know. I have actually seen books that I wanted in the back room of many a bookstore. I have found books on a cart on the sales floor many times and NO I am not at all shy about taking what I want off the cart. :D
Haha! I want to see that! :hilarious:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOFan11 wrote:
Laurie wrote:

-jolly
Haha! I want to see that! :hilarious:
I have been doing it for years. The employees have never said anything to me. Of course if they did say anything to me that store would lose me as a customer. My advice is: CHECK THOSE CARTS!! You never know what you will find. :D
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Unfortunately, it usually takes amazon.de forever to get AIO stuff... *sigh*
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Focus has the book, Strange Journey Back, posted on the website (www.family.org/resources ). It's $14.

Image Image

peace!
-king shasta
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Interesting. The other 2 anthalogies are called "Danger Lies Ahead" and "Point of No Return." :-s I would've expect those 2 to be in the same anthalogy so I'm guessing they switched the order of some of the books. :-k
map
Found

Post by map »

When I downloaded and printed to official Adventures in Odyssey Checklist for fans from Whits End, they listed It All Started When and At Home and Abroad scheduled for release in March 06(it actually said available March 06), so some stores may not be putting them out until sometime in March. Just a guess tho!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

map wrote:When I downloaded and printed to official Adventures in Odyssey Checklist for fans from Whits End, they listed It All Started When and At Home and Abroad scheduled for release in March 06(it actually said available March 06), so some stores may not be putting them out until sometime in March. Just a guess tho!
I found Gold Audio 12 and Strange Journey Back yesterday. Hopefully Gold Audio 13 will soon follow.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:Unfortunately, it usually takes amazon.de forever to get AIO stuff... *sigh*
You could do a search on Googles "Froogle" for it. It may give you a lead of were to find it. \:D/