Trank & Trivia!

Trank's August Contest

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I'm done! I didn't look up anything...at all. So, like half the AIO ones I left empty. There was a lot I didn't know. They picked hard ones. Some were easy though:) Some were impossible. Some I would have to go listen to that episode to know. Some I had no idea what they were talking about. I know I won't win. But it was a good test of knowledge...I'd better study up my Odyssey!

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

You do know that you could have gotten outside help right? ;)
*returns*
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Some people have opted not to acquire assistance from outside sources. It's entirely up to them. :)

In the three days that this contest has been running, I've received fourteen entries. Keep them coming! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I could have got every AIO question if I had not opted to answer just from memory. They were really good Trent, do you have any we could do just for fun? I love odyssey trivia.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If we have enough interest, I'm thinking about holding a live AIO trivia game in the chatroom sometime next week. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

cool. I think the trank part was easier then the odyssey part
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

MDB17 wrote:cool. I think the trank part was easier then the odyssey part
yes, mostly because it was multiple choice not because i knew more about it. i, too, probably could have anwered MOST of the AIO questions right had i looked stuff up. it would've taken too long though :D

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

pinkjeans92 wrote:
yes, mostly because it was multiple choice not because i knew more about it. i, too, probably could have anwered MOST of the AIO questions right had i looked stuff up. it would've taken too long though :D
All the questions about our personal lives were easy? :mad:

:wink:
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

*Whew* I finished! \:D/ I did a little searching around through the ToO forums (and the TH forums) and learned a little more about Trent and Frank, so I know I'll get a few answers right. There's no way I'll win...I still guessed at over half of them! But at least I won't do "embarrassingly horrible" now. And I think I got all the AIO questions right (with a little research :oops: ). It's amazing how many of the questions were about episodes that I'd recently listened to! :-k

Thank you, Trank! This challenge provided me with an enjoyable evening! :yes:
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Applesauce wrote:*Whew* I finished! \:D/ I did a little searching around through the ToO forums (and the TH forums) and learned a little more about Trent and Frank, so I know I'll get a few answers right. There's no way I'll win...I still guessed at over half of them! But at least I won't do "embarrassingly horrible" now. And I think I got all the AIO questions right (with a little research :oops: ). It's amazing how many of the questions were about episodes that I'd recently listened to! :-k

Thank you, Trank! This challenge provided me with an enjoyable evening! :yes:
You're welcome, Applesauce, dear. :D Our goal is to bring a bit of joy to our darling ToOers' drab and wretched lives, isn't it,Trent? \:D/
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I also found many of the AIO questions quite difficult. I could've looked them up, but I was in a hurry and was too lazy to spend the time. :oops:
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I had to guess on ALL of the Trank Questions :(
*returns*
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Frank wrote:
pinkjeans92 wrote:
All the questions about our personal lives were easy? :mad:

:wink:
no, not easy. let me re-word that. they were easier to GUESS at because they were multiple choice. it was easier to guess a logical answer from multiple choice then to come up with a logical choice for fill in the blank--even if i should have known them--even if i could have looked them up--whatever :-

Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Wohoo I failed!!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I don't think I did so great either! :anxious: :-k :hithead:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

The Trank questions were fun, but then I reread the AIO ones and realized finding them out was going to take way too much effort. :anxious:

Thanks guys!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

pinkjeans92 wrote:they were easier to GUESS at because they were multiple choice. it was easier to guess a logical answer from multiple choice then to come up with a logical choice for fill in the blank--even if i should have known them--even if i could have looked them up--whatever :-
Wait...we were supposed to guess logically? :shock:

*Just lost* :anxious:

snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Applesauce wrote: Wait...we were supposed to guess logically? :shock:

*Just lost* :anxious:
hahaha :D

Darcy wrote:The Trank questions were fun, but then I reread the AIO ones and realized finding them out was going to take way too much effort. :anxious:
I would have had to go and listen to those episodes :anxious: if I could remember which ones they were in, of course.

Where would one find that information other than listening to them? Just curious.

darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

pinkjeans92 wrote:
Darcy wrote:The Trank questions were fun, but then I reread the AIO ones and realized finding them out was going to take way too much effort. :anxious:
I would have had to go and listen to those episodes :anxious: if I could remember which ones they were in, of course.

Where would one find that information other than listening to them? Just curious.
Exactly.
Actually I've been able to find answers or at least make educated guesses by looking them up at various sites, but none of those looked researchable. :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Yeah, as far as I know, only one of the answers to the AIO trivia can be found somewhere other than by listening to the episodes themselves.

You wouldn't have to listen to the whole thing. You could cheat and skip around from scene to scene. :-$ That's what I did for a couple questions. I was usually able to guess what scene the answers would be in. One answer I found by mistake! \:D/