Facing The Giants

Have you seen it?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Life is rough wrote:It was 100 times better then their first move, Flywheel. We just saw Flywheel and I'm suprised any theaters carried it. I'm definitly seeing improvement so I'm hoping for alot in the next one. I think they've started filming it... Btw: Flywheel everything went right for them as well which gets a little cheesy after two movies of basically the same plot....
Yes, if you compare it to other Christian movies it's good. If you compare it to some secular movies...

>_>
thelovelyrose
Fourscore and seven

Post by thelovelyrose »

I still haven't seen the movie, but I reviewed the soundtrack--and it was amazing!

~now with High School Equivalence~
Thanks, Lizpaw and Pc Pro!
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I watched it part way, then turned it off because the way they acted annoyed me a little. My brother did the same. But it was a good movie other than that. Very thought prevoking.
Impossible is Nothing
Tallying up

Post by Impossible is Nothing »

I thought it was a good movie.....and definately a great message.
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

*thread merged*

What did you think of Facing the Giants? Did you think it was great, or bad? My family watched it about a week and a day ago. We watched it for family night. On Saturday night. It was made well. And I think its good because most media now a days teach bad things. But this was made by a church. Focus On the Family said it was good. Read what they said about it.
http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/m ... 002896.cfm

It teaches about giving Glory to God and facing your fears through Christ. I think the funniest part is when they are playing football and a fat guy screams because he is cherring and he does it to the coach because he is so exited when Coach Taylor's team was winning. :lol: :hilarious: It was also funny when there were people at school and one kid had 55% on a test and he announced it to the class then the kid that was sitting on the table next to him, leaned over and said 57 because that guy had 57% and he was braging about it even know its only two points more and it's still failing. :rofl2: :thumbsup: :hilarious:
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I saw it a while back, and liked it. Also, The same church that came out with this one and Fly wheel will be coming out with a new one this fall.
Slumbo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Slumbo »

I saw it and I liked it alot.It was probably one of the best movies I've ever seen. \:D/ =D>
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I've seen that movie. My teacher, Mr. G, let us watch it during class on day when half the class was gone on the PAA Basketball tournament.
I loved the movie! It was the best I've ever seen. After seeing that movie... I've never been the same. It was awesome!
Fourmoons
Not Implemented

Post by Fourmoons »

When I had first heard about it, I didn't really think much about it, just a christian movie about football. (I'm not overly interested in football, btw.)

Then I saw it, and liked it a lot more than I expected to.

I've also seen the one the makers of it made before, Flywheel, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next one by the same people, Fireproof. :D
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I loved it! I also really enjoyed Flywheel.

I liked the locker room bit, when the guys kept getting the names mixed up. \:D/
Love is stronger than death.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Oh my word! I loved Facing the Giants. It was very uplifting. \:D/
*returns*
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Oh I love it!

Our family got it as a Christmas present, and we've watched it several times.

It plays Casting Crowns at the end! hehe! \:D/
firebirdsoccergrl
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by firebirdsoccergrl »

Golly Gee Whilikers!!! i love that movie!! the stars jason mcleod (brock) and bailey cave (david) came to our vbs to speak and sign autograps. it was SSOOOO amazing. me and my sister got to be their "bodygaurds". afterwards when all the kids left my friend asked them to sign a piece of paper like a centimeter big with a sharpe. bailey could, but jason didn't even try. (it just proves how well the people who cast him knew what they were doing, right!! jk)
Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I- I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I liked the movie. The quality of the acting and filming wasn't the greatest, but considering the fact that it was a group of churches making it, I thought they did an outstanding job. And I love the story line.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Arwen wrote:I liked the movie. The quality of the acting and filming wasn't the greatest, but considering the fact that it was a group of churches making it, I thought they did an outstanding job. And I love the story line.
I liked the movie. When I started watching, I noticed the acting wasn't that great, but after a couple scenes I was so caught up in the story I didn't even notice anymore.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Its pretty cool, my dad is going to be hooking up with them soon as he also has a film company too.
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

I watched it than watched Flywheel their first movie and Fireproof comes out next!! It has Kirk Cameron in it. You can see a preveiw at www.fireproofthemovie.com
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

*thread merged*

I searched briefly, and I didn't find any other topic concerning this movie, other than the one dedicated to Sherwood movies in general.

One thing I really appreciate about this film is how it shows what prayer can really do. We all at times, don't realize how powerful prayer is. And we will never fully be able to understand it.

But in this movie, prayer was one of it largest factors, and I really like that.

Another thing I thought was awesome was that a church went together to create it. I think that's also really cool.

After watching it I felt really encouraged! I hope you all enjoyed watching it as much as I did!

Also, if some of you have complaints on the equipment they used or such, please do not discuss it here. This is a topic for discussing the actual story, not how they made it. ;)
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I love this movie. It made my grandad cry. I think that's the only time I ever seen him do that. The movie has a wonderful theme to it. It's one of the best Christian films out there.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I also saw someone who almost never cries get emotional. I was amazed.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.