Sick of the political season yet?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Sick of the political season yet?

Yes- Just leave me alone!
41%
Kind of - we all knew it was coming.
28%
No- I find it interesting
28%
No- other reasons
3%

Total votes: 29

Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I love political season! The ads are fun to make fun of, lol. \:D/ As are the news anchors who gush over Obama.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

It does make for great new youtube videos like "I'm in Love with Obama" and "Barack Rolled."
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Is it like the NovaBox, subliminal messages persuade people to vote for a candidate?
You may be correct:

NAP Newswire
August 27, 2008

McCain Sends Message with New Clothing

-------

In a statement released late today, the McCain campaign states that the presumptive Republican nominee will start wearing darker color suits in a bid to gain more popular appeal. "Senator Obama has used his dark skin to gain votes for his presidential run; John wants to capitalize on that too," a McCain spokesman said. According to the press release, the 71-year-old Arizona senator will switch from wearing his trademark navy suits to more winsome "chocolate black" suits. "We want to show the nation that our campaign has change and hope as well," the spokesman continued. "Barack Obama does not have a corner on blackness."

McCain, speaking at a GOP rally with supporters, stated, "I cannot change the color of my skin, but I can come pretty close. I am the original maverick; I can reach across the clothing store aisle." The move comes as Obama gears up for what he hopes is a unifying week at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado. Some top political analysts see the abrupt change in apparel policy as a bid to deprive Obama of media momentum, and described it as "ambitious."

A spokesman for the Illinois senator was quoted as saying, "Senator Obama is deeply disappointed that Senator McCain has chosen to play the clothing card."
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

:shock: I sincerely hope that is some sort of spoof article.

I am too in the position of permanent distaste with the political process. I want to be interested and involved, but the 'politics' of politics either sickens or bores me. I still can't even decide who of the nominees to vote for. :anxious:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Darcie wrote:I am too in the position of permanent distaste with the political process. I want to be interested and involved, but the 'politics' of politics either sickens or bores me.
I'm in that boat now too. I got sick of the 2008 election in November 2006 (yes, that makes sense if I take the time to explain it ;) ). I still follow politics and I stay informed, sorta, but I no longer devote as much time to it as I used to.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I always figure, when in doubt, vote for the candidate that doesn't support the killing of babies! \:D/

But that's just me. :(
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Darcie wrote:I still can't even decide who of the nominees to vote for. :anxious:
Well, there's always eeny, meeny, miny, moe (wow, I googled that to see how it's spelled and it gave me a wikipedia article so I clicked on it, it's very interesting, I never knew there were international variations to eeny, meeny, miny, moe, whoever wrote that article really needs to get a life) in the voting booth.

It's crazy to think that this is the last election that I will not be able to vote in.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

It's kind of interesting to watch how it plays out. It does remind me, however, that we live in a world of corruption. So in that sense I get sick of it.
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I have to admit that I was pretty sick of the political season. But I think Sarah Palin brings some interesting things into the race. I'm starting to pay a little more attention now.

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Now that Sarah Palin is in, I take back everything else I've said, will watch the republican national convention, and really wish I could vote.
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

I think Obama is the anti christ..really..and what kind of name is Obama?
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

We should absolutely NEVER vote for anyone whom we disagree with how their parents named them! :noway:
iKate
Tallying up

Post by iKate »

I find it quite entertaining..lol It was so fun how Hillary Clinton was like "Im strong, Im going to fight till the end.. im a fighter" blah blah blah and she dropped out! :hilarious:

and It's kinda funny how they find something wrong about all of 'em everyday.
..............~...........
[♥]Writer>4<Life[♥]
.............~............
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

She didn't drop out... she lost. :-s
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

TC wrote:She didn't drop out... she lost. :-s
I suppose you could say she dropped out unwillingly, though, to her credit they didn't bother over it too much at the DNC.

Nevertheless, the fever pitch in the Twin Cities is interesting to say the least. With crowds of conventioneers passing under my window each day, it becomes difficult to ignore the upcoming election.
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

TC wrote:I always figure, when in doubt, vote for the candidate that doesn't support the killing of babies! \:D/

Very interesting way to look at it. :-k

I'm sick of the candidates, at least the ones from the 2 major parties. I haven't looked at the Libertarian party's candidate.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It's gotten pretty frustrating, and I was disappointed at first with McCain. But I like Palin and mostly trust McCain, so things are okay. I did stop listening to it for a while there, but I'm somewhat excited now. Huckabee would have been the best, but McCain's better a liberal, as it shows. Huckabee '12/16??? We'll see, it's in God's hand.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I can vote for the first time this election, and I was kind of bummed about it, because I really wanted Huckabee to be nominated, and McCain's just kind of...blah. But Palin turned that around for me. Watching the National Convention last night got me excited, and now I think there's actually hope! What a novel thought, right?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Jugglah wrote:I can vote for the first time this election, and I was kind of bummed about it, because I really wanted Huckabee to be nominated, and McCain's just kind of...blah. But Palin turned that around for me. Watching the National Convention last night got me excited, and now I think there's actually hope! What a novel thought, right?
Wow, you and me could get to be good freinds! I've never met another juggling, odyssey fan, Palin supporter before. Next you'll tell me you live down the street. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

American Eagle wrote:It's gotten pretty frustrating, and I was disappointed at first with McCain. But I like Palin and mostly trust McCain, so things are okay. I did stop listening to it for a while there, but I'm somewhat excited now. Huckabee would have been the best, but McCain's better a liberal, as it shows. Huckabee '12/16??? We'll see, it's in God's hand.
I've yet to discover what's so great about Huckabee, beyond his speaking skills (like Obama). Especially from a conservative standpoint. His policies were easily the most liberal of all the Republican front-runnings in the primaries.

I'm assuming his popularity around here is because he likes to refer to God a lot and bring up his former pastorness all the time or something.

He seems like a nice enough guy on the surface--I used to always say he was a nice guy, I just disagreed on some of his policies. But the more you know about the man and look behind the scenes he's not the wonderful guy most people think he is.

Huckabee is strongly pro-life, so if he did get the nomination through some fiasco he'd have my vote, but meh.