Poll: Should Eugene and Katrina have kids?

what do you think?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should Eugene and Katrina have kids?

Yes.
53%
No way!
15%
Maybe a little further down the road.
32%

Total votes: 34

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

*pops in*

I think they should have kids a little down the road, but I'm 83.4% sure it won't happen. \:D/

*pops out*
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

iluvsns wrote:especially since Katrina is hardly ever mentioned anymore.
And whose fault is that, I wonder? ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
AOWarrior
Gold Member

Post by AOWarrior »

I voted yes for the simple fact that it would be a great chance to bring Odyssey back to its roots...There is so many different lessons teachable from the episodes you'd need if Eugene and Katrina had kids that the possibilities are endless...however what would be even cooler is if they adopted a kid because lessons could be taught from that angle as well...I guess will just have to wait and see.

SNC you were, are, and forever will be Strong in Christ...Save me a seat up there when I get there
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

It would be a good way to transition Mr. Whitaker out of the picture when he dies. Face it folks, the Whit character will need to be allowed to die eventually maybe at 120 since that is the max amount of years appointed unto man after the flood. This would result in him being around as an old man for the next 20-30 years. As a result Jason could come back and be a mentor just like his father after inheriting the his father's businesses. Eugene would be the perfect character to fill the shoes as an older father figure. I could see his kids growing up and facing some of the same struggles that Whits kids faced.
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Bring on the babies, I say! :x
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

AOWarrior wrote:however what would be even cooler is if they adopted a kid because lessons could be taught from that angle as well...I guess will just have to wait and see.
That's exactly what I was going to say. :)
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

AOWarrior wrote:however what would be even cooler is if they adopted a kid because lessons could be taught from that angle as well...I guess will just have to wait and see.
No they shouldn't. The Washingtons did that and even though it didn't last long, I don't think they should do that kind of storyline again so soon.

We were used to Eugene not being a Christian before. Then he became one and it was a change for the better. The writers thought that
Eugene getting married would change his character too much but they did it anyway and the fans loved it. And now they say that him having a baby would change him too much. Come on Odyssey!!! Can't you get it? Change doesn't always mean bad. The fans want another Meltsner. It would not change him that drastically! Odyssey just doesn't want to move on.

If you want to see a long argument from another fan who knows that AIO should have the Meltsners have a baby can be seen here:
http://odysseyscoop.com/articles/article36.htm
AOWarrior
Gold Member

Post by AOWarrior »

^ You know I agree in order for Odyssey to fully move on they're going to have to make some drastic changes the story lines...Eugene and Katrina need a kid and quite frankly Whit just doesn't fit into Odyssey anymore. But perhaps instead of just out right killing him we send him back to Israel where he lives out the rest of his life in peace as an Archeologist and Missionary to different countries. As far as funds go he could be living off the UPF salary he receives as their founder...

SNC you were, are, and forever will be Strong in Christ...Save me a seat up there when I get there
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

...Whit doesn't need to go anywhere. >_>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:...Whit doesn't need to go anywhere. >_>
I think he does.... Seriously, at the moment, I wouldn't mind Whit leaving. :noway:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Yes, Eugene and Katrina should have children. Anytime after album 53's fine with me, although I won't complain if it happens sooner. How well that works really depends on the writing, but the characters need to keep growing and experiencing changes--that's when we care about them the most, usually.

As for adoption, I don't see that as very likely for the Meltsners or something that will please most AIO listeners.

And as for Whit, the show can be great with or without Whit. Right now the writers are trying to make the show great with Whit, and I don't think that's a problem. :-)

Dave
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

CHANGE CAN HELP YOU CHANGE, AND THAT CAN BE A GOOD THING :)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Yes, he does. I'm waiting for the old guy to fall over any minute now! \:D/

Seriously, Whit is too old to be alive -_-
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

ric wrote:
I think he does.... Seriously, at the moment, I wouldn't mind Whit leaving. :noway:
*High fives ric* ;) Lets get him out of here. Personally I think it would be a good move to phase him out of the show.

\:D/
IForgotMyUserName
I've been here a bit

Post by IForgotMyUserName »

Is it known yet who is voicing Katrina for album 53? With such a large gap since Katrina's last appearance, it seems possible that Pamela Hayden would return now (and this would explain Katrina's recent disappearance).
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ya'll can dream on, but Whit isn't leaving. Ever.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Sorry AE but some day there will be another death episode and guess who's death it will be about?

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

The Mortal Coil tried to kill and you know what happened?! HE CAME BACK TO LIFE!!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I don't Whit can die. There have been too many occasions when he should've died but didn't. It's like he's the main character of the series or something... ;)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I'd call him Super-Whit, but the image of him in tights is too much for me to bear :shock: