Star Trek?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

WindowWasher wrote:
Kirk, Bones, Spock, Scotty, Sulu... they will always be my favorite. Paramount really ticked me off by killing Kirk. As a result I haven't bought any of the dvd's (except for ST I-VI, and TOS). I really enjoyed reading the Shatnerverse novels.
My understanding is Shatner wanted to kill off Kirk... although he ended up bringing himself back in his Star Trek novel. :-s

Mr. Sulu (I forget his real name... George Takea or something?) just announced he is a homosexual. :( But he did voice overs in the early Godzilla movies, so he's still cool. 8-)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Yeah I heard about that :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

No no no, Star WARS brother, Star WARS..
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

Hey, Star Wars is cool too. Why does there have to be a competition? They're two totally different things! One is a TV series, one is a movie series, they have completely different premises, and I love both of them. I think it's really stupid to compare them though.

-Trill
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I know, I love Star Wars a little more than Star Trek anyday, but there are some Star Wars fans that say Star Wars is a million times better than the boring old Trekkies :angry:

That option was for them.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Trillspots wrote:Hey, Star Wars is cool too. Why does there have to be a competition? They're two totally different things! One is a TV series, one is a movie series, they have completely different premises, and I love both of them. I think it's really stupid to compare them though.

-Trill
If I'm not mistaken, there were Star Trek movies, and they're both in space, with galaxies, there both sci-fi, I mean, it's like comparing a fork and a spoon. They're different, yet they're both used for eating. If you can't compare them, I don't know what you can compare.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

STRYPER wrote:I know, I love Star Wars a little more than Star Trek anyday, but there are some Star Wars fans that say Star Wars is a million times better than the boring old Trekkies :angry:

That option was for them.
I say that Firefly is better than all of them.....

I have seen almost all of the Star Wars films, but not much Trek. I should check out some more...
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

TNG is the only real Star Trek :D
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

Actually, that point can be aruged quite well, seeing that Rodenberry created TNG himself, without the restrictions he'd been given with the original series. He even said himself that to him, TNG was the real star trek. Though, personally I like all of them (other than Enterprise which is certainly not REAL Star Trek)

-Trill
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Mainly ST, TNG, DS9.
VOY, ENT didnt really interest me.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Captain Jack wrote:No no no, Star WARS brother, Star WARS..
I thought that ws rather clever, until I actually went and read the poll options and realized that Chaptain Jack didn't make that up himself! :lol:

Since I haven't watched any Star Trek at all, and have no desire to do so, I voted for that option as well. :D
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Trillspots wrote:Though, personally I like all of them (other than Enterprise which is certainly not REAL Star Trek)

-Trill
HEATHEN!!!!!!

Enterprise was a different kind of Trek, and one that I liked pretty good.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

jollyholiday wrote:TNG is the only real Star Trek :D
Thank you

with all these posts you summed it up nicely :D
Me wrote:I have seen almost all of the Star Wars films
Um... almost all :-s Which one haven't you seen!!!!
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Catspaw wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:No no no, Star WARS brother, Star WARS..
I thought that ws rather clever, until I actually went and read the poll options and realized that Chaptain Jack didn't make that up himself! :lol:

Since I haven't watched any Star Trek at all, and have no desire to do so, I voted for that option as well. :D
I do that a lot with polls. :anxious:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Trillspots wrote:Though, personally I like all of them (other than Enterprise which is certainly not REAL Star Trek)

-Trill
HEATHEN!!!!!!

Enterprise was a different kind of Trek, and one that I liked pretty good.
The problem with Enterprise was that it wasn't as moral as the other series'. It went furher with some things than must show did.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

but it had the guy from Quantum Leap!!!

then again, I never really watched it anyway :-
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

STRYPER wrote:but it had the guy from Quantum Leap!!!

then again, I never really watched it anyway :-
Don't get me wrong. I liked the show, it just had more questional situations in it.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

Yeah, I mean, that was part of the reason enterprise wasn't all that great. But, part of it was, it just sucked. The acting sucked, the writing was poor, it was just...overused. Star Trek definitely needs to take a break.

On a similar note, I read yesterday that Brandon Braga is retiring from the star trek franchise, and that they (contrary to rumors) have NO plans for a Star Trek 11, or another series. If it comes about, it will be several years, which I think is good. Star Trek isn't going to die in 4 or 5 years, if anything it will give the fans time to want more.

-Trill
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

In my opinion, Enterprise was the best of the various Treks. It had somewhat darker themes, yes, and I'm sure parts of it bothered those obsessively interested in keeping true to canon, but perhaps that's why I liked it.

I only saw seasons three and four, so I can't comment on the earlier episodes, which I have been led to understand were somewhat weaker, but I, for one, liked what I did see. The other Star Treks never had a story arc as long as the Xindi one, which encompassed practically all of season three for Enterprise, and rarely delved into anything that didn't have a solution that left everyone happy.

Besides, Enterprise didn't have a Holodeck, which is a huge plus, and episodes were not as personality-driven as TNG, where you could have an episode seemingly about Troi having a bad day or Picard getting a headache. At least in Enterprises, bad days and headaches generally resulted from something a little more active.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Zedekiah wrote:In my opinion, Enterprise was the best of the various Treks. It had somewhat darker themes, yes, and I'm sure parts of it bothered those obsessively interested in keeping true to canon, but perhaps that's why I liked it.

I only saw seasons three and four, so I can't comment on the earlier episodes, which I have been led to understand were somewhat weaker, but I, for one, liked what I did see. The other Star Treks never had a story arc as long as the Xindi one, which encompassed practically all of season three for Enterprise, and rarely delved into anything that didn't have a solution that left everyone happy.

Besides, Enterprise didn't have a Holodeck, which is a huge plus, and episodes were not as personality-driven as TNG, where you could have an episode seemingly about Troi having a bad day or Picard getting a headache. At least in Enterprises, bad days and headaches generally resulted from something a little more active.
So what your saying is you like Enterprise because it's not really Star Trek but rather something like Star Trek.

Lord Sesshoumaru