Bowling

Guess what my super-wonderful score was?!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Bowling is ...

tons of fun!
65%
okay...I guess.
22%
totally pathetic! Catspaw is dumb!
8%
Bowling? What is this strange thing you talk about?
5%

Total votes: 37

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Bowling

Post by Catspaw »

I went bowling with some friends (5-pin bowling, with the smaller bowling balls) on Saturday and had lots of fun! And if it was golf, I would have won the first game and came in second the second game! \:D/

I got a 62 my first time and 89 the second time! *waits for everyone to stop cheering* (Wait, was that jeering instead of cheering? ;)) My second game I got two strikes in a row, and was rather impressed with myself, but as you can tell by my score, I missed a lot during all of my other turns. Good times. And unlike Connie, I always bowled in the right lane, which was very sad. :( I used "Catspaw" as my name to put on the electronic screen thing - it clearly brought me a lot of luck ;) so feel free to use it yourself next time you go bowling, if you think that it would help you do even better than 62! \:D/
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

My best friend adores bowling - he's always talking about it, in fact...most of the time he won't shut up about it.

-Trill
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

The last time I went bowling, a friend and I always got a gutter ball the first time we threw, and only knocked a couple down the second! \:D/
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I voted for the "Totally pathetic, Catspaw is dumb!" option!!! \:D/ My day has been made, and my vote has been set in stone, so I hereby declare... I'm sorry, Catspaw. :(

Okay, no I'm not... ;)

Anyway, I've never had that great of a blessing when it comes to bowling. I usually fall down and look like an idiot. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Bowling is tons of fun! I don't go very often, and when I do I get less than a good score. \:D/
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

HEY! You think that Catspaw is good! Here is my lowest score: 0
my highest: 112

I am probably the worst bowler on the face of the earth! But it makes it more fun that way!
Do you believe in the couch?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Continental Admiral wrote:I voted for the "Totally pathetic, Catspaw is dumb!" option!!! \:D/ My day has been made, and my vote has been set in stone, so I hereby declare... I'm sorry, Catspaw. :(

Okay, no I'm not... ;)

Anyway, I've never had that great of a blessing when it comes to bowling. I usually fall down and look like an idiot. \:D/
I almost voted for that option too, Jessica! \:D/ But I changed my mind. :(

I was glad that I didn't fall down when I bowled! I did sometimes choose to look dumb and turn around so that my back was towards the pin and then lean over and throw the ball with both hands between my legs. I actually sometimes did better that way - hardly surprising when my pathetic scores are considered. ;)
Danny wrote:HEY! You think that Catspaw is good! Here is my lowest score: 0
my highest: 112

I am probably the worst bowler on the face of the earth! But it makes it more fun that way!
0? How did you get a zero, out of morbid curiosity? Poor Danny. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I love bowling, the problem is that I don't go very often. It has been so long since the last time I went that I don't remember what my score was.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I love bowling! Only, I'm no good at it. :( And I don't get to go often.

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I don't know, because I've never really... Bowled.
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

LarryTheCow wrote:I don't know, because I've never really... Bowled.
Despicable! :noway:

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Well I've been 3 times. About 5 games. I only got 156. :( So sad. :cry:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I love to bowl! \:D/ I always get the lowest score of my family, but it's still fun. ;) The only thing I don't like is the smoky atmosphere of most bowling alleys... :sick:

My aunt broke her arm a few years ago when she was bowling, and she hasn't been back since! \:D/ I'm glad that's never happened to me. O:)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

Bowling? What is this strange thing?

I have never been bowling before. I am so deprived. :P ;)
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

Lucy wrote:

Lucy
Well, if your taste in games is a strange as your taste in bugs, I'm probably better off not bowling. \:D/
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I love to bowl! \:D/ I always get the lowest score of my family, but it's still fun. ;) The only thing I don't like is the smoky atmosphere of most bowling alleys... :sick:
Glad California doesn't allow smoking inside anymore!

I am quite likely, were I to bowl, to get the lowest score. I haven't gone in quite awhile, but I'd say my style is many gutterballs and goofiness, mixed with a few super-outstanding lucky throws. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

darcy wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I love to bowl! \:D/ I always get the lowest score of my family, but it's still fun. ;) The only thing I don't like is the smoky atmosphere of most bowling alleys... :sick:
Glad California doesn't allow smoking inside anymore!

I am quite likely, were I to bowl, to get the lowest score. I haven't gone in quite awhile, but I'd say my style is many gutterballs and goofiness, mixed with a few super-outstanding lucky throws. ;)
I'm glad that it isn't allowed where I am, either! Ickiness!

Darcy, it sounds like we would bowl well together. ;)
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

LarryTheCow wrote:
Lucy wrote:

Lucy
Well, if your taste in games is a strange as your taste in bugs, I'm probably better off not bowling. \:D/
How cruel! :noway:

Fine, don't bowl. Tu te lo pierdes. \:D/

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I love to bowl, I'm just not very good.

For work I organize a bowling tournament every year. This maybe something you all would enjoy just doing with friends!
Keep in mind the idea is to have fun, and bowling skills are not required!
*We bowl fun frames (3,6,9) that change each game
* Some we have used in the past are
Granny style, Opposite hand, use your partners ball, eyes shut, backwards between the legs.

Also, I have these great jester hats that the people with the most gutter balls have to wear during the next game! The balls on the ends flash!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I havent been bowling since I went with Toppicado last summer \:D/

I can be anywhere from terrible andget a score of 39 in 9 pin to getting over 100 \:D/

One major plus for living in a green state - no smoking in any public building YAY!!!

I want to puke anytime I go into rsteraunts in Lynchburg..they all smell terribly. Blech.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.