Stocks & Profits!

How much money have you made off the stock exchange?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Stocks & Profits!

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Money, money, money, money... money!

I recognize it's somewhat early, but I know many of you have already invested in a number of stocks. How many have you purchased? Have you sold any yet? Profits?

Any stockbrokers out there? :-
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I haven't bought any....I'm on the very cautious with my money side. I hate to put it in something that could lose money. :anxious:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I bought 3 Factsbuffet shares the da it opened, then sold them for like $15 bucks. Right now I have 6 Factsbuffet shares that I bought at $81 a peice. When it goes above that again I will sell them.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Haven't really figured it out yet. I did buy one Factsbuffet share, but I haven't done anything else yet.

:thewave:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I'm gonna watch it for a while before buying, I'm a little stingy when I could lose money..
...I hate marquees.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I haven't bought stocks yet...I'm also really cautious with my money, even cyber money! I have put everything I've earned into my bank account so far. ($900!) Highschool degree, here I come!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

How do you earn money froma stock?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Essientally, to make money, you purchase a specified number of stocks (between 1-30) and sell them back for a higher price. You generally want to purchase the stock at a lower price so you can purchase more of them.

-------
Example: Let's say I purchased 10 shares of Andromeda, which is presently buying and selling for $29 per share. The total cost would be $290 ($29 x 10 shares). Now let's suppose the cost of Andromeda went up to $32 per share. If I sold back all ten of my shares, I would receive $320 ($32 x 10 shares) for a net profit of $30.
-------

Of course, the way this stock market runs: if you can afford the more expensive stocks, you can potentially earn more money than buying the same number of cheaper stocks. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I've invested nothing as of yet, but will in the future.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I bought one andromeda stock. the price lowered today. :(
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Essientally, to make money, you purchase a specified number of stocks (between 1-30) and sell them back for a higher price. You generally want to purchase the stock at a lower price so you can purchase more of them.

-------
Example: Let's say I purchased 10 shares of Andromeda, which is presently buying and selling for $29 per share. The total cost would be $290 ($29 x 10 shares). Now let's suppose the cost of Andromeda went up to $32 per share. If I sold back all ten of my shares, I would receive $320 ($32 x 10 shares) for a net profit of $30.
-------

Of course, the way this stock market runs: if you can afford the more expensive stocks, you can potentially earn more money than buying the same number of cheaper stocks. \:D/
Oh! I see now. Thank you for your help! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

As I said in another thread, I made $60 in one day by purchasing 5 Webster Development Firm at $139 and then selling them for $151 each the next day. As it turns out, it jumped all the way to $160 yesterday but it doesn't matter to me because I never saw it that high. You can't profit from the high price if you're not there to sell it when it happens. :-k

I also purchased 5 Wainwright Plastics at the same time at $91 each and the price was $98 the next day. I opted to hold onto them in hopes that they'd go up more. They didn't. :( Since then the price has been $93, $95, and $90. When I choose to sell them I'll simply make sure the price is higher than $91.

The one that I've heavily invested in is Andromeda stock. So far the price has yet to go UP but I'm counting on that day. The original price for stocks was $40 each but all of mine were purchased at lower prices than that, most of them at $33 each. I remain optomistic that I will be rewarded yet. \:D/

My newest stock is Factsbuffet. I purchased 4 shares of that today for $76. Hopefully I'll catch it on an upswing and sell it soon.

The majority of my money remains in the bank awaiting the 2% interest payment which I believe will be issued shortly. :)
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I bought a share of Factsbuffet's stock. Alas, I bought it at 81 dollars and now it's at $79! :(

In fact, it seems like all the stocks are down somewhat. having a bear market are we?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

*hopes the bull comes charging in*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Dr. Watson wrote:I bought a share of Factsbuffet's stock. Alas, I bought it at 81 dollars and now it's at $79! :(

In fact, it seems like all the stocks are down somewhat. having a bear market are we?
It appears to be so. Testing our mettle eh? :)

I don't really see the point in buying just one stock. :-k If I'm going to commit, I'm going to commit a lot.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If you're going to dabble in the stock market, you're going to have to be willing to take risks. I purchased 20 shares from Wainwright Plastics at $93 and it has gone down to $90. Ultimately, stocks are bound to go back up again . . . but I wonder if a "split" feature is installed. It would be terribly dreadful if, one day, we discovered we'd lost half our shares.. or that the cost of a particular share had just been reduced by 50%.

:thud:
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Chandler wrote:I don't really see the point in buying just one stock. :-k If I'm going to commit, I'm going to commit a lot.
*draws himself up to full height* Are you questioning my financial acumen, madam?
:)

*buys another stock*
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

well let me add it up. Lets see three plus four then you carry the six oh i've made a grand total of............................................................................

$-26.00
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't really see the point in buying just one stock. :-k If I'm going to commit, I'm going to commit a lot.
*draws himself up to full height* Are you questioning my financial acumen, madam?
:)

*buys another stock*
*shrinks back in horror*
Of course not my good sir. O:)

Trent DeWhite wrote:Ultimately, stocks are bound to go back up again . . . but I wonder if a "split" feature is installed. It would be terribly dreadful if, one day, we discovered we'd lost half our shares.. or that the cost of a particular share had just been reduced by 50%.

:thud:
I hope not. :o I've been counting on the fact that the stocks will simply go up and down, up and down, to and fro, to and fro, up and do---
:wow:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Dr. Watson wrote:I bought a share of Factsbuffet's stock. Alas, I bought it at 81 dollars and now it's at $79! :(
Looks like we're in the same boat. I bought 6 of them at 81, I hope it goes up soon!