Should June Kedall get remarried?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should June Kendall get remarried?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 22

JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Should June Kedall get remarried?

Post by JD »

Should June Kendall get remarried?
Save Eugene in the character competition!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Is she even on the show anymore? :anxious:
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

well not since "Eggshells" but it could happen
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

What exactly would be the point? Since she has not been on for so long I'm thinking that AIO has moved beyond her. As far as I am concerned it would be very pointless.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

well to get to the topic of remarriage it could be pointless but it could be good its a idea
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jared deWhite wrote:well to get to the topic of remarriage it could be pointless but it could be good its a idea
On a radio drama geared toward 8-12 year old kids? I don't see that myself.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Well, I was thinking that BILL Kendal should come back...and maybe marry again...if he did that would involve June Kendal in someway (Father's Day)
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Bill? Remarrying? No. I think that his last appearance in "Where Is Thy Sting?" is a fitting end for his storyline. To have him come back -- remarried, nonetheless -- would spoil the power of his departure for me.
Everything written in this post is false.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:Bill? Remarrying? No. I think that his last appearance in "Where Is Thy Sting?" is a fitting end for his storyline. To have him come back -- remarried, nonetheless -- would spoil the power of his departure for me.
I agree. Although June has not yet been written out, I personally think she is not coming back. Which IMHO is fine because I truly think that AIO has moved beyond her.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Plus isn't Connie basically on her own now anyway? I'm not sure if its been officially addressed, but she's finally old enough that she could be, at least.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Top Crusader wrote:Plus isn't Connie basically on her own now anyway? I'm not sure if its been officially addressed, but she's finally old enough that she could be, at least.
Connie is on her own. It was addressed (sort of) in "Best of Enemies."
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Jared deWhite wrote:well to get to the topic of remarriage it could be pointless but it could be good its a idea
I don't think it would need to be pointless. The story could focus mostly on Connie, and her reaction and feelings about the remarriage. The lesson has been done before, but I think an entertaining show could be made out of it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Boswell wrote:
I don't think it would need to be pointless. The story could focus mostly on Connie, and her reaction and feelings about the remarriage. The lesson has been done before, but I think an entertaining show could be made out of it.
If they did it that way I would not have a problem with it.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I don't think that June Kendall should get married again because as much as I would like to listen to an episode where Mrs. Kendall gets married again I would rather listen to an episode where Wooton gets married or the development of Mandy and Trent's relationship. If someone wants to write about Mrs. Kendall getting married then I will listen it's just not on my top ten of stories to hear. On another point who is Mrs. Kendall going to marry?
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

amyinodyssey wrote:I don't think that June Kendall should get married again because as much as I would like to listen to an episode where Mrs. Kendall gets married again I would rather listen to an episode where Wooton gets married or the development of Mandy and Trent's relationship. If someone wants to write about Mrs. Kendall getting married then I will listen it's just not on my top ten of stories to hear. On another point who is Mrs. Kendall going to marry?
well it could be like "letting go" except of the father died they dicorsed and she could marry a co-worker or something really i think the story will mainly be about Connies reaction but its just a idea.

PS i doubt Wooton is going to be married.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Laurie wrote:What exactly would be the point? Since she has not been on for so long I'm thinking that AIO has moved beyond her. As far as I am concerned it would be very pointless.
I don't know about her being remarried, but I definetly want her to come back. The point of her coming back would be that she is mother of a very major character. Characters can't talk to themselves so there has to be some one for them to interact with. Connie's mom is a great person for her to do that with. I think there would definetly be a point to June Kendall coming back, it would be to the advantage of the radio drama, and I would be very very very excited to hear from her.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I dunno, it seems like Connie is probably old enough that she wouldn't be talking to her mom all the time anyway. Yeah, we'll always need our parents, but I think June was pretty much written out of the show because Connie's an adult with her own house now.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Laurie wrote:What exactly would be the point? Since she has not been on for so long I'm thinking that AIO has moved beyond her. As far as I am concerned it would be very pointless.
I don't know about her being remarried, but I definetly want her to come back. The point of her coming back would be that she is mother of a very major character. Characters can't talk to themselves so there has to be some one for them to interact with. Connie's mom is a great person for her to do that with. I think there would definetly be a point to June Kendall coming back, it would be to the advantage of the radio drama, and I would be very very very excited to hear from her.
I have never said that June should not come back, if the producers decide to bring her back, fine. They have not brought her back, so what does (or should) that tell everyone? It tells me exactly what I stated in my earlier posts: AIO has moved beyond June Kendall. If they had not moved beyond her they would have brought her back.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Laurie wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
I have never said that June should not come back, if the producers decide to bring her back, fine. They have not brought her back, so what does (or should) that tell everyone? It tells me exactly what I stated in my earlier posts: AIO has moved beyond June Kendall. If they had not moved beyond her they would have brought her back.
I don't think they've moved beyond her yet.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You need your mother at any age - I can see why June isn't in many episodes any more, but I would like to see her pop in now and then! I don't know if I would want to see her get remarried, but she could definitely still show up sometimes.