Has anyone been to the Creation Museum?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Has anyone been to the Creation Museum?

Post by Peachey Keen »

Last year my family,my self and 2 friends went to the Creation Museum.It's so cool!!!!!!Has anyone else on TheToo been there?

http://www.creationmuseum.org/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yep. I think it was this spring.. Don't remember exactly when. I went with my youth group that time, and I think my family is planning to go some time too. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

My sisters have been there. They said it was very well done.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Yes, I went last Christmas. \:D/ It's very well done. Some friends of mine just went last weekend.

Doesn't somebody on here volunteer/work at the Creation Museum?
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

No, I haven't been but I really want to.It's just that we live so far away that I don't know if it would be worth it.:(
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I've never heard of that, but it's a really cool idea. It sounds like the bible room. Unfortunatly I live way to far away to go.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My family went last year. \:D/ It was great. :yes:

(Moved to Finneman's.)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My neighbor did so that's as good as me going! \:D/
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

iluvwalkingintherain wrote:No, I haven't been but I really want to.It's just that we live so far away that I don't know if it would be worth it.:(
It's worth it :D .I can't imagine anyone going through it and not become a Christian.It really challenged me.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

TC wrote:My neighbor did so that's as good as me going! \:D/
:hilarious:

Riiight. :noway:
...I hate marquees.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

No, but I'd really like to go!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Every other Christian eats up the idea, but to me, it just seems very odd.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Continental Admiral wrote:Every other Christian eats up the idea, but to me, it just seems very odd.
Why?
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Perhaps because even if you don't think it's a hall of smoke and mirrors, as I do, it's simply not very impressive? It's not much of a museum, really; a lot of exhibits, displays, and video screens. What it lacks is what you generally find in museums -- you know, rare or interesting objects, as opposed to a plaster Noah herding dinosaurs into an ark. Even many people who do subscribe to young earth creationism, moreover, find organizations like AiG, and their splashy projects like this ridiculous "museum," very off-putting, as their effect is so exclusionary, sending a message that a real Christian will believe in the six day model. Many real Christians do, many others do not, but if you elevate the priority of young earth creationism, you risk turning quite a few people away who might otherwise be interested in the faith.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I guess I don't see what difference it makes if a rock is 5,000 years old or 5 BILLION years old... it's still a dumb rock. :noway:

But like Claud said and what I heard from my friends who went and were overly impressed by it, it sounded not so much like an actual scientific museum and more of a wax musuem with random biblical figures and such water spraying on you and such.

I mean I could go out in my bathrobe and turn on a sprinkler without driving down to Cincy for that type of thing.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Yes, and I LOVED it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

I have never been but I really want to go!!

Unlike some people, I really AiG we went to an amazing conference done by them with Dough Phillips and Vodde Bauchem. God it sooo amazing in his wondrous work!!

You know ToP there is a big difference in a 5,000 and 5 billion year old rock.

If you believe that God made the earth using billions of years then have you ever thought that if each day was billions of years old in Gods creation that there would have to have been death? God knew us 19 century people would be really dumb so he made sure to put it was morning and even on the ____ day for all 6s day of creation!

What some people don't get out of the museum is how Gracious and wonderful are maker really is. They may not have been able to get the real Noah's ark or anything. But they got something just as wonderful! The story!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I've been twice. Not THAT impressed with the museum, but did anyone see the planetarium show? That was cool, and the best part was that it was narrated by John Herlinger! I can't believe no one else has mentioned that.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

No, I want to. My friends went there, and I've read/seen much about it, but I haven't gone... yet. But probably in the future, I do want to. ](*,)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jugglah wrote:I've been twice. Not THAT impressed with the museum, but did anyone see the planetarium show? That was cool, and the best part was that it was narrated by John Herlinger! I can't believe no one else has mentioned that.
I have a vague recollection of somebody mentioning Paul Herlinger in conjunction with the museum in the Whit's End forum a while ago - is that who you're referring to or is there a well-known John Herlinger that I am unfamiliar with? :-k