Games

Which do you prefer?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Games

Post by JesusIsAlive »

So, I love playing most games. I don't care for video games as much, but board games, card games, dice games, sports, etc. all thrill me! \:D/ I was wondering what your favourite type of games are, and what your favourite games are! \:D/

I love playing Settlers of Catan, Peanuts/Nertz/Pounce/Moochie, Canasta, Gin, and Balderdash. :yes:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I love games! \:D/

Scattergories, Taboo, Apples to Apples, Balderdash, Tribond, Pictionary, Password, Pit, Pass the Bomb, Rook, Phase Ten, Trivial Pursuit, Dutch Blitz, Yahtzee, and Guesstures are some that I enjoy. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Monopoly, Scrabble, Squeal(Nertz), Risk, Liar, and Clue.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oh, I forgot to list Clue and Monopoly! They're great, too. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Monopoly, Phase Ten, spoons, MadGab, Outburst, Taboo, Pictionary, Catch Phrase, killer, Dutch Blitz, Scrabble, ...and many others that I can't think of right now. :)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I've played all those games listed except for maybe "Pass the Bomb." \:D/ Does it go by any other names, Laura? :-k
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hmm, I don't know. :-k It's kind of like hot potato, in that you pass this little black "bomb" around a ring of people, and you don't want to be holding it when it explodes. There are cards with letter combinations on them, for example: "ook." You have to yell out a word with that in it before you can pass the bomb on to the next person. To make things more difficult, there is a die that you roll that tells you that you can either not use it at the END of the word, not use it at the BEGINNING of the word, or you can use it anywhere. \:D/ Whoever is holding the bomb when it explodes keeps the card from that round, and whoever has the least amount of cards at the end wins.

It's quite fun - we just played that on Monday night. Does it sound like any game that you know?

And I like Spoons too, V-lady. :yes:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I am a die-hard Monopoly fan!!!!!!! \:D/ I am also unbeatable! ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Jellyfish11 wrote:I am a die-hard Monopoly fan!!!!!!! \:D/ I am also unbeatable! ;)
Yeah! Monopoly is fun! \:D/

There was a book published in the 80's called "Beyond Boardwalk and Park place" which I happen to have found at a yard sale. The book contains new rules for Monopoly to add more depth to the game. It's quite a fun varation on the classic Monopoly game.

A list of the new rules contained in the book can be found here:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Monopoly/Beyond_Boardwalk
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Hmm, I don't know. :-k It's kind of like hot potato, in that you pass this little black "bomb" around a ring of people, and you don't want to be holding it when it explodes. There are cards with letter combinations on them, for example: "ook." You have to yell out a word with that in it before you can pass the bomb on to the next person. To make things more difficult, there is a die that you roll that tells you that you can either not use it at the END of the word, not use it at the BEGINNING of the word, or you can use it anywhere. \:D/ Whoever is holding the bomb when it explodes keeps the card from that round, and whoever has the least amount of cards at the end wins.

It's quite fun - we just played that on Monday night. Does it sound like any game that you know?

And I like Spoons too, V-lady. :yes:
No, I haven't played it before, but it sounds AWESOME! \:D/

Anyone here like to play Hide-n-seek or Sardines/Man Hunt? xD
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

Lets see Risk, Monopoly, Pig, Contract Rummy(kinda like phase 10), Rummy Cubes, Hand and Foot, Spore(no one has ever played this before), Mystery Museum, Scrabble, Word X-change, Yahtzee, Balderdash, You've been Sentenced, This is a Fork(hilarious!!), Pictionary, Apples to Apples, Pickle (I thinks that the name), Goodnight, Blurt, Consontrasion(sp?), 4 square, Down by the bay, and I like Sardines!! Thats all the time I have right now or I would name more...
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Eh, I don't like Monopoly anymore. Ever since I learned how to play Aquire, I've found Monopoly boring.

I'm not really into board games, but I do enjoy a good game of Aquire, and Settlers of Catan is fun. And Risk. \:D/

Oh, and I love playing Mafia (as long as I actually know the people..) Not a board game, but close enough.
...I hate marquees.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Mafia is great. ^_^ I can't stand Risk, it's terribly long... Scrabble is wonderful. Bluff, Taboo, Guesstures, Spoons, Clue (reigning champion, here!), Scattergories, Farkle, and War! (Classics.)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I love pretty much any game you put in front of me \:D/

I am the Monopoly champion and I PWN nertz/peanuts/moochie. Er. *cough* JIA is the only one who can beat me at it :anxious:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Kait wrote:I love pretty much any game you put in front of me \:D/

I am the Monopoly champion and I PWN nertz/peanuts/moochie. Er. *cough* JIA is the only one who can beat me at it :anxious:
:badgrin: I love that game... \:D/

Mafia is AWESOME! :yes:
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

Oh! I like Taboo,dutch blitz,and apples to apples :D
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

SweetiePaw wrote:Oh! I like Taboo,dutch blitz,and apples to apples :D
Note: Dutch Blitz is essentially the same game as peanuts/nertz/moochie/pounce/etc. xD
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I'm fond of Settlers of Catan, whist, and Scrabble. Except my family is the type which inevitably starts arguing that the dictionary is completely wrong and so never finishes a game of the last one, and we're down one person to play whist regularly. So most board game excursions are sort of doomed.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I forgot about mafia! Love it! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Whoops, wrong tab! I like so many games, especially group games. I like playing most sports, some board games, *group games with friends,* and many more.