Driving

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Driving

Post by Anna><> »

Who thinks driving is the best thing ever?
It's so much fun.

What kind of car do you have?
How much did your first car cost?
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I crashed a bumper car once. :p
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

I covered my car with duct tape once. Than the brake lines broke.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Driving is generally overrated. That's why I usually ride about on a bicycle.
But I do have a pretty good pickup that comes in handy when I have more than just a few miles to travel or when I have to carry heavier or bulkier loads.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Driving can be fun some days and other days not so fun. My first car is a 2003 Ford Escape. I LOVE it. I don't remember how much I paid for it now.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Irwin wrote:I crashed a bumper car once.
When I drove a bumper car I couldn't get it to start or move at all. :( So when I started learning to drive my parents made fun of me.
Josef1004 wrote:Driving is generally overrated. That's why I usually ride about on a bicycle.
But I do have a pretty good pickup that comes in handy when I have more than just a few miles to travel or when I have to carry heavier or bulkier loads.
Biking's fun too, but I've biked my whole life, so it's lost it's thrill. Driving's new and fun and exciting.

I need to buy a car sometime soon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I just recieved my driver's license (Level 1) a few weeks back. Driving is totally awesome and trilling, yet requires full attention. I really enjoyed driver's ed and being able to drive at age 14. \:D/
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Driving is an unnecessary chore that I hope to do as little as possible of. I don't plan on owning a car anytime soon (hopefully ever), so, even though I turn 16 in like a week, I do not yet have my learner's permit. \:D/
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Driving is...ok. It's not the end-all be-all most under 16 teenagers seem to make it out to be. I had my friends drive me around half the time and now I have to pay full gas price to go the same places we all used to go for split gas costs and no insurance payment for me... :( now I spend a good portion (like 25%) of my paycheck on insurance and gas.

So yeah, it isn't that great....especially when you get caught going 103 mph on the interstate...then it gets scary, hopefully you get the nice cop I got that writes the ticket for going only 15 over. \:D/

As far as what I drive, it's a Toyota Tacoma! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I hate to drive! \:D/ I still don't have my license, just my learner's permit...because I keep dragging my feet! \:D/

If there weren't so many crazy drivers on the road, it would be more fun. :noway: But as it is, I get so tense when I drive, I have a splitting headache the rest of the day.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Eh, I need to take Driver's Education before I can drive. ;) But I do really want to drive. I just keep procrastinating, heh. :anxious:
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Kairi wrote:Eh, I need to take Driver's Education before I can drive. ;) But I do really want to drive. I just keep procrastinating, heh. :anxious:
I finished Driver's Ed a month ago and now I'm going to get my license really soon. I just need to book the test. But I keep putting it off because I'm scared I'm going to fail.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Driving is fun, but I'm terrible at it, apparently. At least that's what I gather from my mom's hyperventilating and grasping at the car door whenever I swerve a little.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Driving can be fun. Depends mostly upon who I'm driving with. :p
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

SivartM wrote:Driving is fun, but I'm terrible at it, apparently. At least that's what I gather from my mom's hyperventilating and grasping at the car door whenever I swerve a little.
News flash: all parents are like that, and that's why you'll be someday too. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, after doing it for over 10 years... it really isn't all that FUN... it's just... something you have to do. ;) Although it can be fun driving randomly around in the country with hardly any other cars around... but since gas prices are high I don't do that very much, either. :(

If at all possibly, I make my wife or other random friends (well, if other friends are going, too) drive instead. \:D/
Joyfully
Found

Post by Joyfully »

I really wish I could drive on the road, but I'll have to wait about 1/2 year, agh. :noway:
Last edited by Joyfully on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Meh, I never really got a kick out of driving. And apparently, I stink at it, too. My dad is constantly yelling at me about SOMETHING I did wrong >_>... my mom doesn't really complain about it, though. *shrugs*

Yay for having a life of driving to look forward to when I really don't enjoy it already.

I drive a ford truck extended bed.
Last edited by Iron and Light on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Driving is okay. I do it when I have to. If someone else wants to drive, I'll gladly let them. It is nice to have the license, though, because it gives independence.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I don't mind driving, and it sure is nice to be able to go where you want when you want to. I don't mind riding with my friends though, because most of them have nicer cars than I do. I drive a beat up '96 accord. 217k miles and still going strong. :)
...I hate marquees.