Album 53

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Album 53

Post by Bren »

If you haven't heard the 98th official podcast yet, do not continue to read this.
I know we want the action and adventure so what do you guys think of another DBD style album with 12 episodes from Paul McCusker? The Green Ring Conspiricy has me interested.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thanks for the heads up Regis!! I wondered when the newest podcast was going to make its appearance!! It's downloading for me right now!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I was about to go nuts myself.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Has anyone heard of the Time for Change album image out?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ya, that was totally a joke. At least the cover art was. Just to clue ya' in; the art was the President standing in front of Odyssey. I'm pretty sure the summary was a joke as well. But I'm not in the loop, of course.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

That's what I thought.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I was just about to start this thread.
I wasn't expecting the whole "back to only slice of life episodes" thing to last too long but, 2 albums?!? That was very short-lived. Anyway, I'm VERY excited for this! -like a lot more than for album 52. I think it's great for the series; album 52 will, hopefully continue to familiarize the new characters (hopefully a few more than just the Parkers this time) and get used to the new pace, Andre Stojka, etc. Then, by album 53, everything that's been changed/reestablished can sort of settle in. I think making that a story arc will make the fans come to grips with the fact that this is AIO now. O.k., 'come to grips' isn't the best term. It's not that it's a bad thing or anything. It's just that album 51 felt a little... odd. It was just noticably different and I think album 52 will be the same. Album 53 is about the time when that feeling should be going away. Making it a story arc (especially if it's well done) will help finalize liking of the characters and such.

Also, I just love story arcs! Especially, when the whole story arc is contained in one album and the whole album is the story arc. Those are even more fun than when they just follow a re-occuring theme like once per album and then we get a 6 episode storyline in 5 years. (a la Grady's father, Mandy's Parents, Eugene's father) Granted, there's only really been one like this (Darkness Before Dawn) but, it was arguably the greatest album ever. Also, they've sort of done smaller forms of the same concept with Wish You Were Here (Bernard and Eugene's trip to CA), In Hot Pursuit (Connie and Joanne's trip to D.C.) and The Best Small Town. It's just more fun when it's one really long adventure (Darkness Before Dawn is essentially an 11-parter) than when it's a storyline that's simply mixed in with other things and revisited periodically. Now I like that first type, too, don't get me wrong, I just especially like the latter. Anyway, I'm very surprised (at first I thought he was joking) but, am super excited. This is great! \:D/

As for what it's about, the first thing that came to mind is Whit's ring that he won for Jenny at a side show and proceded to give to Clara that turned their respective fingers green. But, that broke in Clara's possession so, I doubt that's what it's about. It's a very intriguing title, though; sounds quite intense.
EDIT: It sounds stupid to say "I was just about to start this thread" when I posted an hour after it started but, I took a break in the middle of writing this so...
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

What's the point of spoiler tags? This is Odyssey news, not the plot synopsis. \:D/
I'm excited for The Green Ring Conspiricy! Catrina will be back, yay! I'm hoping Jason will return as well. He's been in like every story arc; Darkness Before Dawn, Novacom, search for Whit, Eugene's father, etc. He basically makes things exciting in Odyssey, and I hope they have him return for Album 53. Additionally, I'm hoping Vance will be a recurring character in it!

I like your third paragraph, KBT! That would be epic! Maybe Clara could visit Odyssey as an adult. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It is new and some haven't heard the show yet so I didn't want to spill it in public if they hadn't heard the podcast yet.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Curling wrote:
Catrina will be back, yay!
Just because it's Canada Day doesn't mean you can go completely crazy with the whole spelling things funny thing. :wink:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mountie wrote:
Curling wrote:
Catrina will be back, yay!
Just because it's Canada Day doesn't mean you can go completely crazy with the whole spelling things funny thing. :wink:
:lol: I know! I messed it up when commenting on the Official Podcast as well! I was like, d'oh! #-o

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

C'mon, guys! The title of the album OBVIOUSLY implies that the plot will be about The Chairman's backup plan to rule the world: the NovaXbox!

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

NOO!! Novacom is back! :mad:

However, the title sounds rather...interesting. Will it be a new saga? And I sorta hope it's for the whole album! I can't wait! \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Boxing Day wrote:NOO!! Novacom is back! :mad:

However, the title sounds rather...interesting. Will it be a new saga? And I sorta hope it's for the whole album! I can't wait! \:D/
Not sure if you picked up on it but yes, it is the whole season. Paul stated so himself.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I wish blackgaard and the chariman would team up in album 53. but we know that Blackgaard isn't coming back. :( what is the title?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Green ring...?

Whit becomes a Green Lantern, yay! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

:shock: The whole album, yes! I'm excited!

Taps

Post by Taps »

its supposed to be a mystery.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

William Shatner wrote:Whit becomes a Green Lantern, yay! \:D/
Noooo, he becomes THE Green Lantern! I should totally do fanart of that...it might cause much agony to those people who can see it, though. Whit as the Green Lantern...

YOU GUYS! We don't post speculation threads about Album 53 until Album 52 is out! :insane:

But I'm going to join in anyway. \:D/

W00T! New saga! Hopefully another awesomely intense album that I can listen to as I draw randomness! \:D/

Stupid L Key!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

well acording to the podcast theres a new mystery. with 12 episodes. this will be awesome!