I'm doing WHAT?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

I'm doing WHAT?

Post by Joanne »

I know I mentioned to a few of you that I may be going to college this year. Well, it is true. With three weeks left until school began I made the last minute choice (a week and 4 days ago) to attend BJU this fall. This would explain my disappearance from the toO, due to extreme business. O:) I would appreciate your prayers as I start college a year younger than most do, in addition, go to a 'real' school for the first time in my life. :p

Also apparently I have almost met ww in real life. How cool is that?

See you later guys! I probably won't have much free time so if you PM and I don't respond it's not because I hate you.... well most of the time.
Last edited by Joanne on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

You're doing WHAT? :mad:

I'll be praying for you, love! That's exciting. \:D/ I'm going to go pm you now for details.. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

What are you going to be studying? \:D/

You are going to be BUSY...wow, it's only a couple weeks to go before classes start. :mad: I hope you get it all together and have a safe trip to SC! :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Joanne wrote:I would appreciate your prayers as I start college a year younger than most do, in addition, go to a 'real' school for the first time in my life. :p
Well, don't worry about it... BJU isn't a "real" school, either, in many ways, particularly if you ever want to transfer the credit. \:D/ Hope it goes well for you, though. Don't make friends with anyone who might ever possibly do something like watch an R-rated movie, you could be expelled by association, true story.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Joanne wrote:I would appreciate your prayers as I start college a year younger than most do, in addition, go to a 'real' school for the first time in my life. :p
Well, don't worry about it... BJU isn't a "real" school, either, in many ways, particularly if you ever want to transfer the credit. \:D/ Hope it goes well for you, though. Don't make friends with anyone who might ever possibly do something like watch an R-rated movie, you could be expelled by association, true story.

Top said what I was thinking but I didn't want to be the one to kill hopes and dreams. \:D/

Good luck on your new adventure!
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

One of the guys in my camp cabin is going to BJU as a freshman. \:D/ His name is Ray Holden. I'm sure you'll meet him eventually. ;)

That's awesome, Jo! I'm excited for your future. Keep us posted.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Kait wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:

Top said what I was thinking but I didn't want to be the one to kill hopes and dreams. \:D/

Good luck on your new adventure!
Well if you never ever want to transfer credits elsewhere and will only be using your degree from BJU in a pro-BJU Christian environment, I'm sure its a good thing to have.

But a friend of mine was "asked not to come back the next year" because his room mate had an R-rated DVD hidden in their dorm. They knew it was the other guys, they just were mad at him because he didn't report it immediately upon finding out it was sitting there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My brother graduated from BJU and is now in his surgery residency at the University of Michigan....not exactly a pro-Christian environment. >_> He had no problems getting into med school at UVA or the residency program at UMich. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

That's great you're going to school Joanne! I just started school myself, it's rough! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Laura Ingalls wrote:My brother graduated from BJU and is now in his surgery residency at the University of Michigan....not exactly a pro-Christian environment. >_> He had no problems getting into med school at UVA or the residency program at UMich. ;)
Eh, Wright State doesn't take their credits, but I may be thinking of PCC as far as it being completely worthless. I get the two confused but PCC is significantly lower quality.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That's awesome, Joanne! I am very happy for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Haha you stoop so low Top. Honestly the most unoriginal thing I have heard about BJU. Edit. However, as I stated I don't endorse everything BJU may do. ;) And yes BJU is waaaaay better than pcc as far as transferring credits and such. :)

I will be studying physical therapy!
Last edited by Joanne on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Actually I recall now it wasn't an issue of BJU credits, they just refused to release my friend's transcripts when he went to another school, so he had to retake everything.

Not the same thing, but a mean thing to do, regardless. ;)
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

The Top Crusader wrote:Actually I recall now it wasn't an issue of BJU credits, they just refused to release my friend's transcripts when he went to another school, so he had to retake everything.

Ah well that I do not endorse. ;)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

The Top Crusader wrote:Actually I recall now it wasn't an issue of BJU credits, they just refused to release my friend's transcripts when he went to another school, so he had to retake everything.

I feel like that has to be illegal on multiple levels. 0.o
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

I looked at BJU last summer for a friend. It seemed like a decent place for some things, but it wasn't exactly right for her. She wanted a counselling degree, and I don't believe their program is designed for people wanting to go into professional counselling. The thing with the DVD is a bit extreme though...

It's entirely up to the university you're transferring to to decide whether or not to take transfer credits.

Good luck with your school, Joanne. I'm sure you'll do great. You really cut it close with your decisision. ;)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Good luck Joanne! And remember, stay FAR FAR away as possible from student loans! Graduating debt free (or near debt free) is quite possibly one of the most useful things you can take away from college. \:D/
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

If you later want to go to a public school, generally they won't take BJU credits just because they're publicly funded. Or PCC for that matter. So be careful of that.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:If you later want to go to a public school, generally they won't take BJU credits just because they're publicly funded. Or PCC for that matter. So be careful of that.
thank you!I deffinately will be aware of that. :)
Sherlock wrote:Good luck Joanne! And remember, stay FAR FAR away as possible from student loans! Graduating debt free (or near debt free) is quite possibly one of the most useful things you can take away from college. \:D/
Thanks! Wonderful advice. ;) as far as I know I will be able to graduate debt free. The joys of being the spoiled youngest. :)
church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

Awesome about graduating debt free. It's awesome to get finished without owing anything. :)

What will you will you be studying?