Why is this happening?

No, I'm Serious. Why?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Why is this happening?

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

so... I know I'm a newcomer and all, from the ss.... And I noticed two topics already about how bad the ss is.... So, I would like to know the reasoning behind this... and Why, we can't seem to get along... I'd like to end that... so yeah. O:)
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

It's not a matter of getting along, it's that the crowd that flocked to the SS boards is different from the crowd that flocked here. One site is more appealing to the other, etc. And honestly, it's not that big of a deal, over here at least. Until yesterday it wasn't even discussed here that I know of.

And could a mod move all the SS threads out of Whit's End and to Finneman's where they belong?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Done and done, although I almost moved them to the Steps...but it's Finneman's for now. ;)

Carry on.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

godisawesomeness99 wrote:so... I know I'm a newcomer and all, from the ss.... And I noticed two topics already about how bad the ss is.... So, I would like to know the reasoning behind this... and Why, we can't seem to get along... I'd like to end that... so yeah. O:)
I believe the reason many ToOers have decided to dislike the SS is largely because of the maturity difference... It's a painful reminder that we were (or even still are) all fairly immature and ignorant to how our words can affect others... I think it's also the fact that people don't like change, and when other people come in demanding change (and yes, I will admit that I did do that quite a bit on your board as well; I'm not an innocent party either), it can cause some undeserved bitterness and bigotry. When the SSers first came to the ToO, many began complaining that this board needed to be more like the SS (and I did the same on your board), and I believe that caused many of the ToOers to say that all SSers are immature, and also say how the ToO is better etc. I believe there's no innocent party here. We're all guilty of disliking the other board for one reason or another.
We can go all around the mulberry-bush on this one (as many people already have...), pushing the blame back and forth; "You started it," etc., but all that does is just rile people up further.

Someone started this feud (whether it was the SSers, or the ToOers, I don't know for sure. I just know that when I first noticed the feud, it was the SSers who had initiated the argument), and there's no quick and easy way to end it completely. Even if we stop the arguing now, someone will come back later and start it up again... It's just the nature of feuds.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I almost moved them to the Steps
The Steps is the proper place, I will move both. :)

godisawesomeness99 wrote:I noticed two topics already about how bad the ss is....
I don’t know which you are referring to. The only two topics (not counting this one) that I know of concerning the SS are one which was saying how bad we are, which we naturally defended ourselves in, and one that made no negative remarks at all and was simply comparing the two. I’m quite sure you will find no badmouthing on our part, we don’t need to engage in that.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

2 topics I have seen in here were Has the ss replaced the too, and the ss'ers are out to get us, (The Latter Has been noted to be as being kinda a joke)

And Both have now been locked.... okay then
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

LOL this is like when the CBH kids started coming over to the ToO. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I am sorry that the thread spun out of control. Again.

Is it at all possible to have discussion between boards, or is that impossible? Maybe we should go back to the lion and mouse fable.

JCGJ, not to be rude, but what do you mean we started complaining when we came to the ToO? The few people here were invisible as Soda Shoppers, and we had no desire to change your board. The founding point behind all of this was that neither board had interest in the other one, especially over here. We started a competition, with the 101 reasons. Some of the reasons were fake, some were constructive. We had a feud, good and bad results came from it.

And yes, you asked for quite a bit of change on our board, which never made it very far, but it was constructive and helpful, and something I will remember. Thank you.

No one, I believe, has interest in who started it. I have made about ten different posts explaining this, and taking full responsiblilty. That information is readily available.

The problem is: Is it possible for members to come and go between boards, and is it possible for the boards to respect each other?
bookworm wrote:
godisawesomeness99 wrote:I noticed two topics already about how bad the ss is....
I don’t know which you are referring to. The only two topics (not counting this one) that I know of concerning the SS are one which was saying how bad we are, which we naturally defended ourselves in, and one that made no negative remarks at all and was simply comparing the two. I’m quite sure you will find no badmouthing on our part, we don’t need to engage in that.
Bookworm, respectfully, I feel like we took two steps back here. The only threads here were started by ToOers. This board chose to respond to our 101 reasons, which were not to judge or bad mouth the ToO, but to make competition and be recognized. You had no need to defend yourselves against an enemy you didn't care about on a board you never visited. The next one was started by a ToO member, with a question everyone said no to. I also strongly disagree with the 'no negative comments'. There have been some of these on both sides. No, you have no need to engage in bad mouthing, but it happened anyway.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

As always, there is room for multiple AIO boards. As others have mentioned, different things appeal to different people. If we all show respect for the choices of others (to join one board, or both boards, or move from one to the other, or whatever) then we won't have any issues. People can spend their online time and energy wherever they choose. If you disagree with somebody else's choice...this is the kind of issue where you can probably safely keep your opinion to yourself. ;) Vote with your fingers! Post on the board you want to post on, but let's make sure we're always being respectful of others.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

T.S. (myself) wrote:The only threads here were started by ToOers.
Come now T.S., you know better than that. The first thread was started by a ToOer, but it was a continuation of the original discussion started by an SSer, and you have clearly stated that the purpose was exactly that, to get it over here.

The second was also started by a ToOer, but it was not to talk trash it was a legitimate question about whether this board is losing activity due to the other one, which everyone responded no to because that is the answer.

Both of the threads (mostly the latter) eventually developed into a borderline war of words, but what I said was that was not their original topic or intention. (Except for the first one, since the real start of that was on your end so I couldn’t testify to it.) But even so, I have seen no unduly harsh words or rudeness from us. Some have made comments that might not be fluff and roses about your site, but that doesn’t mean it was bashing. If you choose to take it that way that’s your problem, and with all respect immediately taking criticism as a personal attack actually proves their point about the maturity.

But all that aside, because we really don’t need to dredge it up again, I believe that the reason these discussions get heated is simply out of frustration for the most part. Not because we want or intend to get upset at you guys personally, but because we understand that there is no reason or need to keep rehashing this debate, so it rather irritates us that you keep insisting on doing so.

There is a very simple resolution to all this. Accept facts.
You cannot compare one board to another. Each is wonderful, in it’s own way. Neither is better, each is simply better suited to specific audiences and considered a better personal fit by their respective members.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

And these two threads, both started by a SSer, are merely a continuation of the "war" threads, so... O:)

humor alertI say we ban the lot of them!! :x :demonstration:

....or just lock and/or delete any thread and/or post made about the "war", from both sides.

Heh. When I put "war" I had an image of a kiddo in a bathtub with two ships having a navy battle. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Termite wrote:And these two threads, both started by a SSer, are merely a continuation of the "war" threads, so... O:)
Actually, this one was simply a question: “Why are we doing this?”
The answer is, apparently, ‘No one knows.’
No one claims they want to continue this, yet it keeps going on.

Edit:

And on a side note, the forum where they talk about us is apparently private now (it wasn’t yesterday). That’s pretty strange.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

When Catspaw utilizes soft-spoken diplomacy, it secretly means "Okay guys.. shut up now."

bookworm, you just love kicking logistics like a dead horse, don't you? \:D/
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:bookworm, you just love kicking logistics like a dead horse, don't you? \:D/
Maybe. \:D/ I'm not sure what you mean.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I wouldn’t do that, it seems unproductive.

But I meant I’m not sure what caused you to say that.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

bookworm wrote:
And on a side note, the forum where they talk about us is apparently private now (it wasn’t yesterday). That’s pretty strange.
Wait, whaaat?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The thread you linked to in the other thread isn’t viewable anymore. It was yesterday.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

bookworm wrote:The thread you linked to in the other thread isn’t viewable anymore. It was yesterday.
Oh that. They moved it somewhere, I think. I don't know where, but I have an inkling....there's a lot of moving and deleting threads over there.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Actually, bookworm, it is our equivalent of locking or deleting a thread, but it does not change user post count. It's used to keep the board free of old or unneeded topics. It was decided that we didn't want to restart the war either.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."